Richardson, TX
O
Ocelot Offline
Angler
Ocelot  Offline
Angler
O

Richardson, TX
Went out kayak fishing Thursday after work. Wanted to go to new section and check out the shallow areas next to brush and also along rip rap while trolling.
Did not see many fish in shallows near brush, caught one small white bass on small kastmaster next to a bush I got hung up on.
Caught one catfish on the jointed crankbait.
If was dark when started down the rip rap. Saw several places where there were good concentrations of fish either about 6-8 feet or 15-20 feet.
Added a rod with a small road runner and also an 1/16 ounce jig while slowly trolling bank.
Trolling I did not get any bites.
Headed across the cove and back to ramp and again saw several places where there were a good number of fish in 12-14 feet.
Hooked into a couple of trotlines but could not get any bites.

Went back out Friday after work. Decided to get some minnows on the way and planned to go back along the rip rap, locate the fish and fish for crappie with minnows and stinkbait for catfish.
Put out 3 polls to troll with, small umbrella rig, jointed crankbait and jointed minnow trailing small rooster tail.
Hooked into a white bass on way to destination. Kept working the area and caught several white bass almost exclusively on the jointed minnow trailing the rooster tail.
It was not uncommon to have 2 white bass, one on the jointed minnow and one on the rooster tail.
Managed to catch one catfish on the umbrtella rig which will make a nice meal.
Jointed crankbait only hooked up with one white bass.
White bass were larger today 11-13"
Never saw schools of fish in the area but always a couple of fish on the screen.
Was windy and spent a fair amount of time untangling lines after catching a fish when trolling into the wind and kayak drifting back while fight fish. Need to figure out how to avoid this as wasted a fair amount of time untangling lines.
As got dark, could no longer find the white bass so put out my ultralight with minnow while slowly trolling.
Caught one small crappie on it.
Tried going back along the rip rap looking for the concentrations of fish but never found them so never did fish my plan.
Saw lightening was coming my direction so headed back to the ramp while trolling.
Did not see many fish on the way back.
At ramp talked to a couple of folks as they brought their boats in. They were all fishing the other direction from me and were mainly fishing for crappie on rip rap with minnows under a bobber.
All caught a few crappie and maybe a cat or 2. None had any white bass action.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: Ocelot] #13124102
04/15/19 04:06 PM
04/15/19 04:06 PM
Canyon Lake
T
Texdan Offline
Pro Angler
Texdan  Offline
Pro Angler
T

Canyon Lake
Originally Posted by Ocelot
Went out kayak fishing Thursday after work. Wanted to go to new section and check out the shallow areas next to brush and also along rip rap while trolling.
Did not see many fish in shallows near brush, caught one small white bass on small kastmaster next to a bush I got hung up on.
Caught one catfish on the jointed crankbait.
If was dark when started down the rip rap. Saw several places where there were good concentrations of fish either about 6-8 feet or 15-20 feet.
Added a rod with a small road runner and also an 1/16 ounce jig while slowly trolling bank.
Trolling I did not get any bites.
Headed across the cove and back to ramp and again saw several places where there were a good number of fish in 12-14 feet.
Hooked into a couple of trotlines but could not get any bites.

Went back out Friday after work. Decided to get some minnows on the way and planned to go back along the rip rap, locate the fish and fish for crappie with minnows and stinkbait for catfish.
Put out 3 polls to troll with, small umbrella rig, jointed crankbait and jointed minnow trailing small rooster tail.
Hooked into a white bass on way to destination. Kept working the area and caught several white bass almost exclusively on the jointed minnow trailing the rooster tail.
It was not uncommon to have 2 white bass, one on the jointed minnow and one on the rooster tail.
Managed to catch one catfish on the umbrtella rig which will make a nice meal.
Jointed crankbait only hooked up with one white bass.
White bass were larger today 11-13"
Never saw schools of fish in the area but always a couple of fish on the screen.
Was windy and spent a fair amount of time untangling lines after catching a fish when trolling into the wind and kayak drifting back while fight fish. Need to figure out how to avoid this as wasted a fair amount of time untangling lines.
As got dark, could no longer find the white bass so put out my ultralight with minnow while slowly trolling.
Caught one small crappie on it.
Tried going back along the rip rap looking for the concentrations of fish but never found them so never did fish my plan.
Saw lightening was coming my direction so headed back to the ramp while trolling.
Did not see many fish on the way back.
At ramp talked to a couple of folks as they brought their boats in. They were all fishing the other direction from me and were mainly fishing for crappie on rip rap with minnows under a bobber.
All caught a few crappie and maybe a cat or 2. None had any white bass action.

Did you launch at Lavonia? Been wanting to do some yak fishing but wind has me worried, and this entire week looks bad.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13124217
04/15/19 06:01 PM
04/15/19 06:01 PM
Celina/Prosper, TX
J
JJ4MEL Offline
Extreme Angler
JJ4MEL  Offline
Extreme Angler
J

Celina/Prosper, TX
Thanks Ocelot for your continued reports!! Always helpful!

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13130203
Yesterday at 04:26 AM
Yesterday at 04:26 AM
Richardson, TX
O
Ocelot Offline
Angler
Ocelot  Offline
Angler
O

Richardson, TX
Fished dam this afternoon/evening.
White bass were being caught on worms and minnows.
A few small catfish being caught on worms.
Drum liked minnows.
Tried throwing castnet for bait but only got one drum after several throws.
I had cut up drum out on 3 poles for catfish, not a single bite.
Fishing was on the slow side. Several people left with no fish.
Looking for the wind to stop so can get out in my kayak.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide