Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
April on Richland Chambers (Pic Heavy) #13122350 04/13/19 07:57 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
It's a great day to write a Fishing Report as the North Winds are howling, the Rain is Pouring and once again the Creeks are rising!!! Seems that this has been the story in Late March and Early April. RC is not fishing as normal in the Spring with the large populations of White Bass still up the Creeks (or somewhere) doing their Spawn. We are catching Whites and a few Hybrids on the Main lake but these fish never made the trip up the Creeks as they are full of eggs & sperm. Normally the 309 Flats and South Shoreline from the Marina to Ferguson Point would be on fire, but we have not caught a single White Bass from any of these areas. All of our fish over the past two weeks have come from Pelican Island and Main Lake Points and Humps around the 287 Bridge and beyond. All on RSR Slabs and Jig Teasers and most coming from fish that are hugging the bottom. We've got lucky quite a few times and found large schools of fish that move thru fast, are normally suspended and eat like crazy for just long enough to get your limit or an ice chest full. Seems that every trip we've had a few good moments and the Customers get to go home with plenty of fish fry material. Water level prior to today was at Pool Level, a couple of Spillway Gates have been open all week and the water temp hit almost 65 on Friday. I'm guessing after today's rains the Creeks will flood again, most Gates will be open and hopefully the Whites will be washed out of the Creeks and back to the Main Lake. banana It's Past Time for some Easy Catchin'! Here's some Pics from our Customers over the past two weeks!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
Gone Fishin' Guide Service
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: April on Richland Chambers (Pic Heavy) [Re: Gone Fishin'] #13122741 04/14/19 03:40 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
coolphotos Great post and some nice fish. Good job. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: April on Richland Chambers (Pic Heavy) [Re: Gone Fishin'] #13122762 04/14/19 04:01 AM
F
Flyingjoe Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Wow! Your fillets don't have any red in them. How did you do that? Or are those catfish fillets?

big un's or lil' un's as long as I'm catching someting
Re: April on Richland Chambers (Pic Heavy) [Re: Flyingjoe] #13122838 04/14/19 11:26 AM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
We recommend Customers soak them in salt water before freezing or frying. One of our Customers from last week sent the Pic back to say Thanks and he was about to fry some up. He had soaked them overnight. It's not absolutely necessary as RC is not a river fed lake, water is almost always very clear and the fish filets are good to eat without soaking, but it does remove some of the red line.

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: April on Richland Chambers (Pic Heavy) [Re: Gone Fishin'] #13122903 04/14/19 12:51 PM
gborg Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Gone Fishin'
We recommend Customers soak them in salt water before freezing or frying. One of our Customers from last week sent the Pic back to say Thanks and he was about to fry some up. He had soaked them overnight. It's not absolutely necessary as RC is not a river fed lake, water is almost always very clear and the fish filets are good to eat without soaking, but it does remove some of the red line.

Sea salt removes a lot of the fish oils, red meat normally gets removed via filet knife. Good to see you back on the water .

Re: April on Richland Chambers (Pic Heavy) [Re: gborg] #13122941 04/14/19 01:14 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Still fishing RC as we begin our 20th year of Guiding. We do the Catfish all Winter until the Whites kick in gear so I don't post much in the Whites/Hybrids like I used too.

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: April on Richland Chambers (Pic Heavy) [Re: banker-always fishing] #13125050 04/16/19 12:56 PM
A
ageezy Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
A
Hey, that's me and Adam with the big flat head. We had a great outing Friday morning. Ice chest full of whites and an unexpected 30 pound flat head. Took me about 10 minutes to get him in the boat on 12 lb. test. The fish was quickly released after a few pix. Thanks to Adam for coaching me on that one. Looking forward to going back this summer. banana

fish,golf,fish....repeat.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide