Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
LiveScope for bass fishing? #13119259 04/10/19 12:13 PM
Bissett Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Anybody use LiveScope for bass fishing? What applications does it work better for? I'd love to see some videos!

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: Bissett] #13119272 04/10/19 12:44 PM
J
jbassman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
We do// looking at brush piles Bridge column's

Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: Bissett] #13119376 04/10/19 02:25 PM
M
Matt Jackson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
It sure helps locating locating brush piles you already have marked. Instead of driving over several time to locate it and drop a marker you can kill the engine near the waypoint, drop the trolling motor and easily find the brush pile without driving over it. You can quickly see if fish are suspended in the brush or if its empty. Its neat to find a school of fish and see how they react to your bait. Some chase it as others dont even move. Then some will run from it. You will get a real understanding of how your moving baits work. I always thought my swimbaits were inches off of the bottom. That was not the case. Same with chatterbaits. I always thought they were 2-3 below the surface but were actually near the bottom. It really is a cool piece of technology that will help you understand whats down there and build confidence. It has taught me to move more because I know there are no fish around. You still have to make them bite but you know they are there. Its neat to literally chase a ball of shad through a cove.l had no idea shad would move that much as they are constantly moving.

Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: Matt Jackson] #13119427 04/10/19 03:26 PM
D
dstep0 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
Originally Posted by Matt Jackson
It sure helps locating locating brush piles you already have marked. Instead of driving over several time to locate it and drop a marker you can kill the engine near the waypoint, drop the trolling motor and easily find the brush pile without driving over it. You can quickly see if fish are suspended in the brush or if its empty. Its neat to find a school of fish and see how they react to your bait. Some chase it as others dont even move. Then some will run from it. You will get a real understanding of how your moving baits work. I always thought my swimbaits were inches off of the bottom. That was not the case. Same with chatterbaits. I always thought they were 2-3 below the surface but were actually near the bottom. It really is a cool piece of technology that will help you understand whats down there and build confidence. It has taught me to move more because I know there are no fish around. You still have to make them bite but you know they are there. Its neat to literally chase a ball of shad through a cove.l had no idea shad would move that much as they are constantly moving.

Well that's the best testimony I've ever heard.

Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: Matt Jackson] #13119445 04/10/19 03:40 PM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Thats some really good information.

Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: Matt Jackson] #13119446 04/10/19 03:41 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

How do you have it mounted?

Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: Bissett] #13119490 04/10/19 04:25 PM
R
ring fry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Agree with all Matt said. Have had mine for a year now and can't even imagine fishing without it. Here are some other reasons it's for bass fishing.

When you see a school busting shad and you put the trolling motor on high, rush over there, and they're gone by the time you get there. You can pan the area and find where they went instead of blindly casting. For instance you can tell that they are at 11:00, 43' out from the boat and 3' under the surface.

When fishing boat docks that you are unfamiliar with, you can look ahead of you to, not only see a brush pile before you run over it, but also see if there are fish in or around the brush pile.

It makes it much easier to follow a grass line. You can follow the inside edge, outside edge and/or see scattered grass out in front or to the sides depending on where you are pointing the transducer.

Same thing following a creek channel. You can actually see if it veers to the left or right or goes straight.

You can see humps and ditches in front of you. Instead of guessing it might be 60' ahead, you might actually see that it is 37' ahead of you.

And it is really cool to watch a bass attack a school of shad and watch them scatter!! smile

You can see submerged stumps and laydowns and cast to them before your run over them.

It is an awesome tool

SE Kansas grass grower

Oh, and I have had mine mounted on the trolling motor shaft since I've had it and have no desire to change it. Yes it does no good with spot lock but you can tap spotlock off for a second, look around and put it back on.

Last edited by ring fry; 04/10/19 04:26 PM.

2008, 2022 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions
GO JAYHAWKS

Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: dstep0] #13119528 04/10/19 04:53 PM
BCBassCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by dstep0
It sure helps locating locating brush piles you already have marked. Instead of driving over several time to locate it and drop a marker you can kill the engine near the waypoint, drop the trolling motor and easily find the brush pile without driving over it. You can quickly see if fish are suspended in the brush or if it’s empty. It’s neat to find a school of fish and see how they react to your bait. Some chase it as others don’t even move. Then some will run from it. You will get a real understanding of how your moving baits work. I always thought my swimbaits were inches off of the bottom. That was not the case. Same with chatterbaits. I always thought they were 2-3’ below the surface but were actually near the bottom. It really is a cool piece of technology that will help you understand what’s down there and build confidence. It has taught me to move more because I know there are no fish around. You still have to make them bite but you know they are there. It’s neat to literally chase a ball of shad through a cove.l had no idea shad would move that much as they are constantly moving.

Yep, I wonder how many he just sold...

Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: BCBassCat] #13119567 04/10/19 05:21 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Originally Posted by dstep0
It sure helps locating locating brush piles you already have marked. Instead of driving over several time to locate it and drop a marker you can kill the engine near the waypoint, drop the trolling motor and easily find the brush pile without driving over it. You can quickly see if fish are suspended in the brush or if it’s empty. It’s neat to find a school of fish and see how they react to your bait. Some chase it as others don’t even move. Then some will run from it. You will get a real understanding of how your moving baits work. I always thought my swimbaits were inches off of the bottom. That was not the case. Same with chatterbaits. I always thought they were 2-3’ below the surface but were actually near the bottom. It really is a cool piece of technology that will help you understand what’s down there and build confidence. It has taught me to move more because I know there are no fish around. You still have to make them bite but you know they are there. It’s neat to literally chase a ball of shad through a cove.l had no idea shad would move that much as they are constantly moving.

Yep, I wonder how many he just sold...

He got my attention!

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: Bissett] #13120055 04/11/19 02:23 AM
M
Matt Jackson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Fish sitting on the bottom are hard to see unless they are moving. You will see videos of fish where you can very clearly see details of the fish. Bass do not look like that and look more like little blobs, but I will say I saw a massive fish that clearly looked like a fish and watched its body turn around. The best I can explain it is as if you were scanning a dark room with a flashlight. You do see every branch in the brush, and bridge columns are cool to click the transducer down for a vertical view.

As ring fry says following creek channels is easier. The navionics is close to where the creek channel is but with this you know your in it. Everyone has that favorite bridge corner that you will fish and fish. It makes it real easy to leave when you pull up and scan around to find no fish within a couple of minutes. Might not even make a cast. It will make you a better off shore fisherman. For me I like to have visual targets to fish. You now have a visual target to fish offshore.

This time a year a lot of people are fishing super shallow water. Well while your doing so your also able to take a look out across the cove to find fish that may have pulled out in the channel. Again and stress that you still have to make them bite as it is no gimmie. It really is an awesome tool to have. I do believe in it and have no affiliation with Garmin. Even though I may have sold a couple of units for the rep at the Fun N Sun show. The boat is rigged with Lowrance front and back, the Garmin was added upfront solely for livescope as thats the only transducer hooked to it.

Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: Matt Jackson] #13120070 04/11/19 02:48 AM
M
mrh Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
Which transducer are you using the 12 or 32? Lots of great info from you and ring fry.

Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: Bissett] #13120176 04/11/19 11:11 AM
R
ring fry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
I've had the original Panoptix PS21, LVS12 and LVS32. I ran the 12 and the 32 at the same time for awhile and liked it. I've since upgraded trolling motor so I only have the LVS32. $500 vs $1500. They both do what they are designed to do and especially in this case you get what you pay for.

SE Kansas grass grower

GO JAYHAWKS

Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: Bissett] #13120288 04/11/19 01:32 PM
M
metalruch1 Offline
Angler
Angler
M
I purchased Garmin units to eventually get the live scope... great info from everyone on here... I want to know if it truly helps eliminate water quickly... it sound like it does...but to me, that would be the reason to get it. Example... pulling into a cove and using it to scan ahead not down to see if there is baitfish and/or bigger fish in the cove and spot them in cover...is this a realistic expectation?

BOOMER SOONER

Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: Bissett] #13120354 04/11/19 02:30 PM
R
ring fry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
That is a somewhat realistic expectation. That being said, it isn't quite that simple. I now make a lot less 'blind' casts now but still make plenty in a day. Realistically you can fairly quickly scan boat docks, brush piles, rock pules, creek bends, grass lines, etc. But it may not be quite as quick as you might think to scan an entire cove quickly.

SE Kansas grass grower

GO JAYHAWKS

Re: LiveScope for bass fishing? [Re: Bissett] #13120476 04/11/19 04:37 PM
M
metalruch1 Offline
Angler
Angler
M
ring fry, thanks for the info... makes sense sir!

BOOMER SOONER

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide