Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Guess It's Time #13102952 03/26/19 01:29 AM
Nocona Brian Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Got on the scale yesterday and came to the realization that diet alone isn't doing it anymore. Went from +270 in 2016 down to about 210 maybe all in that year, I can't remember, but we're back up into the 230's and with summer around the corner.... eeks!

I still ride, and have gotten leaps and bounds faster, but I find I've got to ride stupid miles at crazy levels to lose weight, part of that is I eat bad because I ride, and I ride because I eat bad, but it's time to reign it back in.

Hopefully this post will be my motivator to get it going. Busy with work is an understatement, but with my wife starting a bootcamp fitness thing in the morning, and noticing how slow this section has gotten, maybe I can get something positive going again.

We'll check back in a week.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Guess It's Time [Re: Nocona Brian] #13103241 03/26/19 12:09 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
This post could be several peoples motivator to get it going. Im game for some accountability. Lets post every week. Can we get others to join? Lets give it a week or two to gather folks and lets do this. Dont everyone jump in at once. Im all in. Will you join, too?

List so far.......Nocona Brian, Okie Poke, ???

GL Brian!

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Guess It's Time [Re: Nocona Brian] #13103738 03/26/19 05:21 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I
Intermittent fasting...pick 8 hours in the day to eat, then stop until 16 hours has past, then go another 8.

Squat thrusts, over and over, then repeat.

Ice baths will burn fat since your internal thermostat will kick into overdrive to heat the body. If you don't do ice, just cold water will do.

Hard to do, but you can do it...cut out most sugar!

When it comes to your big meals, eat slower and trim fats, and I do not mean "the fat off meats." Cut out the extras or cut those in half.

...Continue riding!

Re: Guess It's Time [Re: Nocona Brian] #13114314 04/05/19 11:26 AM
JavelinJ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
No offense, but I see more fat cyclist than anything. There is this thought process that they can "cab up" and eat whatever because they ride .

Just doesn't work. I ride 100ish miles per week and running 25ish miles per week. Still eat chicken, fish and veggies for the most part.

Now, I have to cut back somewhere or add in more calories as I can't quit losing weight. I am down to 153. Goal weight was 158.

Re: Guess It's Time [Re: JavelinJ] #13123887 04/15/19 01:15 PM
Nocona Brian Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by JavelinJ
No offense, but I see more fat cyclist than anything. There is this thought process that they can "cab up" and eat whatever because they ride .

Just doesn't work. I ride 100ish miles per week and running 25ish miles per week. Still eat chicken, fish and veggies for the most part.

Now, I have to cut back somewhere or add in more calories as I can't quit losing weight. I am down to 153. Goal weight was 158.

None taken here, I wouldn't say I'm fat, I'm just heavier than I look. People were thinking all kinds of thoughts when I was down below 210, most of the time if I tell someone my weight they don't believe it. I agree with you though on that thought process, it's not just fat cyclist (they haven't found the balance) I ride with a bunch of cat 3 or better guys and everyone has it, beer, junk food, whatever..

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Guess It's Time [Re: Nocona Brian] #13226535 07/27/19 12:21 AM
W
Wettle Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
Nothing like summer time to rejuvenate your commitment to fitness! Nicer weather and being outside more are great motivators. Plus you'll beat the crowd that starts at New Years by a good couple months! grin

Re: Guess It's Time [Re: Nocona Brian] #13226845 07/27/19 01:02 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Cmon, fat boys. Lets get involved and committed. Im not in denial anymore. I know Im fat. The most important part of the start is seriously wanting it. Lets go, lets join in! Live a longer, healthier life, and feel better, too. Whats not fun about that? It may help with your lil libido as well...... walking

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Guess It's Time [Re: Nocona Brian] #13226945 07/27/19 03:57 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I
I almost joined a gym in Plano off Plano Pkwy a few months back. My friend Phyllis did. The owner is fat, way fat, I'd say a few pounds from obese, 5'7", 45 or so and about 280 is my guess.

He is also a street bike-rider. I street right myself, but I'm much more of a dirt-trail rider.

He's training for the Hotter Than Hell ride.

He did a 65 mile ride last weekend, and on Monday, he showed up at the 5:30 am class that Phyllis attends. He told the class about his ride, and that when he finally finished, paramedics were waiting for him.
The other riders in front of him told officials to be ready. He was on IVs and in an ambulance for a while, but released. That was on Sunday.

Monday, after the 5:30 am class, he cancelled the rest and went home. His body was still suffering.

Bottom line, if the legs have strength, a street rider can still ride, but that does not mean he is healthy. We all know when we need to eat better, look better and feel better. It's not hard.

...just do it.

...!

Re: Guess It's Time [Re: Nocona Brian] #13226950 07/27/19 04:05 PM
R
RonL Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Carbohydrates is your biggest enemy ! No carb diet will keep everything from turning into sugar that not only is a fat factor but fights against diabetes. I been doing physical therapy for couple months not and have a few more to go then Ill be getting more fit .

RonL
Re: Guess It's Time [Re: Nocona Brian] #13252443 08/19/19 05:18 AM
W
Wettle Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
Gotta admit this inspired me to get back at it after posting. I can definitely notice the different, more in how I feel than look at this point, but it's something. Been sleeping like a baby too!

Re: Guess It's Time [Re: Nocona Brian] #13334413 11/07/19 04:24 AM
O
otay michael Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
67/5'10'/190 lbs/no medical concerns... yet! ;/)

Starting a new trend here, I hope. As I read some of these threads, I realize folks are talking gibberish, in that they may say 'I've lot 40 lbs in three weeks', with no other info but maybe a diet name or new regimen. Without knowing the three main facts I posted about myself above, nobody knows if losing 40 lbs, when your 400 lbs, or losing it when your 170, it'll mean nothing.

So I make a motion we all post those few important facts before any posts. The one on 'low T' and folks throwing around numbers, with no idea their age, weight/height then it's useless info. Anyone second the motion?

PS As far as my fight against weight, I was up to 210 a year ago, when for years I was just under 200. That scared me, so I heard about a friend that was diabetic but got off insulin (never started it really, he went no carbs/sugars and started to exercise some, and reversed it). So I followed suit, and even joined a gym now, and work out every other day for 1.5 hours, treadmills and weights. Wife with me. She pre-diabetic and had a mini-stroke a year ago, she's now serious about diet and excercise, prior could care less.

Two of my younger bros are truck drivers, one does not exercise and is overweight and depressed, the other workout, watches foods and feels great and looks great.
Moral of the story: Keep exercising guys/gals, you'll feel so much better.

See Michael Seewald's latest series https://www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.

[Linked Image]
Re: Guess It's Time [Re: Nocona Brian] #13337514 11/10/19 02:26 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
51/5'8"/170# No medical concerns to speak of other than my body comp being out of whack. Next physical is in April '20. Attempting to drop my body fat 5% by then. Scale weight is just a number to me. As long as I feel good and my clothes fit I don't care what the scale says since it will fluctiate anyway. Currently I do not feel good and my clothes are not fitting...

I take full responsibility and am ashamed since I worked in the medical/performance-rehab training world for 25+ years and still consult. I know how and what to do but lost all motivation 2 years ago. Digging out of that hole now...

There are very few absolutes in this life but one in particular is you cannot out exercise a poor lifestyle and detrimental eating habits. I was told I was "pre-diabetic" which is basically like being almost pregnant. It was my GP's way of scaring me but we know each other well, he knows my background and family history so we had a giggle and moved on. My current 'job' calls for me to sit for hours on end. Worse thing for a person is to sit. New studies equate sitting to smoking in terms of the terminal impact on your health. Movement is medicine regardless of the source - biking, walking, etc.

Last edited by H2O Seeker; 11/12/19 01:52 AM.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Guess It's Time [Re: Nocona Brian] #13338902 11/11/19 05:32 PM
G
gander Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
I am 61yo 6' 218lb for now down from 228lb. I am at day 51 of my commitment to get back into shape. Had a job for over 30 years that kept me in decent shape by climbing poles ladders etc and being on my feet most of the day. At 5 years into retirement I decided to take action as there are too many things I enjoy and want to do so for many years. I started an elliptical routine of 30 mins with half at HIIT level with five days on with one off. I am working on upper body strength every other day and core/abs every other day. AB wheel and pushups are killing me lol but I am committed to change. There are so many exercises available out there that you can do at home and I prefer home workouts as opposed to going to gym. A diet change is in the works ie.. no sodas junk food chips sweets reducing beer consumption etc...I wish looking back now that I would have started this routine when I retired but I guess better late than never. To be continued

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide