Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by Brandon Adamcik
Should I have let it go?

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Nope, you did the right thing. Fraudulent bastards like that run up the costs of insurance for honest folk. Burn him.

thumb Just another reason (integrity) why Im voting for Bob Davis to be our next President. #BobDavis2020

roflmao

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: What would you do? [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13110584 04/02/19 02:59 AM
B
Brandon Adamcik Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
B
Paid 2 yrs ago for hail damage to roof gutters etc.
Said it wasnt significant damage in his opinion so he pocketed the 1st check. No repairs made. No depreciation check received. Changes insurance.
Last Sundays storm rocks his house so he files on his new insurance provider in hopes they would pay again for previously bought damages.

There is a program in place for adjusters to see prior claims even if through another company.
May or may not run the report.
I simply called a contact that works for his insurance provider, which I adjusted for 20 yrs ago, and informed them of his intentions.

So instead of a $25,000 claim (roof gutters fence etc) it will be an $8000 fence claim only(less4,000 deductible).

Last edited by Brandon Adamcik; 04/02/19 03:01 AM.

Czechfish
Re: What would you do? [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13110586 04/02/19 03:00 AM
K
Kentucky Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
K
nope, done good

Re: What would you do? [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13110612 04/02/19 03:24 AM
Team Skeeterless Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Properly played! As an adjuster we look for these types of situations. Ive even had a claim on roof that somehow was paid the actual cash value twice for different claims and yet no work was done on roof. Once a roof is totaled the homeowner is not entitled to unlimited settlements by changing insuring companys. Well done sir.

Nick Larsen
Re: What would you do? [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13110655 04/02/19 05:58 AM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
So Im referred to guy that asks me to meet his adjuster and take care of his repairs.
I show up and to my amazement so do 3 other roofing salesmen. Circle jerk of epic proportions. He has the nerve to say 4 sets of eyes along with the adjuster better his odds.
The home owner then brags to us that he had a claim with a different insurance company 2 years ago and just pocketed the initial funds(8k). Now hes filed on his new company for the recent 3 hail that obliterated his home and fence expecting them to pay too.
Well his adjuster sends out another roofer because the house is steep and 2story. That guy shows up, sees 4 roofers and drives off. Texts the homeowner that he expected to get the roof since he was doing the inspection.

Anyway, wasted morning all the way around.

The homeowner tells me he already had all these guys coming out before he was introduced to me.
Instead of being a man and calling the others off, he opts to waste everybodys time. DB

I let it fester for a bit then decide to call an adjuster for his current company that I work with frequently because I know not all companies run an ISO report for prior claims.
Gave her all his info and his intentions.
Needless to say he wont get a new roof from them and by the time they pay for the fence and they remove his 4K deductible he wont get squat.

Should I have let it go?

Nope ! all his bs aside he completely wasted your time . Ive drove states away geared to the teeth and ready to rock because some jackarse calls blowing us up . Only to arrive and either not be at all ready for me or totally bailed on us and didnt have the courtesy to tell us they went with someone else. Its rude and its not cool dont waste my time and I wont waste yours. And if theres another crew on sight for something I was called for , thats a whole other big time issue dont mess with my money ! You just nailed a lot of pet peeves sorry you had to deal with this bud

Re: What would you do? [Re: Nickbyrd] #13110757 04/02/19 12:50 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Nickbyrd
So I’m referred to guy that asks me to meet his adjuster and take care of his repairs.
I show up and to my amazement so do 3 other roofing salesmen. Circle jerk of epic proportions. He has the nerve to say 4 sets of eyes along with the adjuster better his odds.
The home owner then brags to us that he had a claim with a different insurance company 2 years ago and just pocketed the initial funds(8k). Now he’s filed on his new company for the recent 3” hail that obliterated his home and fence expecting them to pay too.
Well his adjuster sends out another roofer because the house is steep and 2story. That guy shows up, sees 4 roofers and drives off. Texts the homeowner that he expected to get the roof since he was doing the inspection.

Anyway, wasted morning all the way around.

The homeowner tells me he already had all these guys coming out before he was introduced to me.
Instead of being a man and calling the others off, he opts to waste everybody’s time. DB

I let it fester for a bit then decide to call an adjuster for his current company that I work with frequently because I know not all companies run an ISO report for prior claims.
Gave her all his info and his intentions.
Needless to say he won’t get a new roof from them and by the time they pay for the fence and they remove his 4K deductible he won’t get squat.

Should I have let it go?

Nope ! all his bs aside he completely wasted your time . I’ve drove states away geared to the teeth and ready to rock because some jackarse calls blowing us up . Only to arrive and either not be at all ready for me or totally bailed on us and didn’t have the courtesy to tell us they went with someone else. It’s rude and it’s not cool don’t waste my time and I won’t waste yours. And if there’s another crew on sight for something I was called for , that’s a whole other big time issue don’t mess with my money ! You just nailed a lot of pet peeves sorry you had to deal with this bud

I have a good friend who is an insurance adjustor and I tell him (only half jokingly) that I don't know how he sleeps at night because all he does everyday is to screw policy holders out of as many benefits as he can every day on behalf of the insurance companies..when he denies it,I ask him who is paying his salary,the insurance company or the policy holder.....to the original complaint,it's not uncommon to be in competition with other bidders in many businesses....also for every homeowner that didn't show up to meet an adjustor,I'm willing to bet there's an equal number of times the homeowner took time off from work to meet an adjustor that was either late on never showed....

Re: What would you do? [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13110907 04/02/19 02:55 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Must own the home outright. Most insurance checks have to be endorsed by both the homeowner and the mortgage company.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: What would you do? [Re: beartrap] #13111147 04/02/19 06:08 PM
M
mattm Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by beartrap
Originally Posted by hopalong
if I understand this correctly there was a second storm that caused damge to his house....if so,there is no fraud here.....I assume he had roof damage from a storm two years ago,filed a claim and decided to put the payment in his pocket rather than repair the damage or replace the roof even though the damage may have shortened the life of his roof.....there is no fraud there...nothing in his policy says what he has to do with the money paid.....
he insures with another company probably because his previous company jacked his rates up and now he has another claim for roof damage from another storm....he is entitled to collect for that damage also......there is no fraud involved.....you don't see insurance companies refunding premiums if someone doesn't have any claims and there is nothing fraudulent about claiming damages to your prop[erty that you paid insurance premiums to protect...insurance is a calculated risk agreed to by both parties...most of the time the insurance companies collect a lot more than they have to pay out...

wouldn't the fact that he is claiming on the same damage a second time with a diferent co. constitute fraud?

well the op said he had damage for a storm two years ago and pocketed the money then a recent hailstorm obliterated his house and fence so have to assume there were two different storms...maybe the original poster can clarify if there is two different storms or not....if there was two different storms,I don't see where there is any fraud...

Are you being serious? First insurance company gave the guy the money to replace the totaled roof. Guy didnt do it and now a different storm causes more damage. You expect the 2nd company to be responsibe for the already totaled roof the 2nd storm did additional damage too?

If so lets say your house burns down, nothing but charred 2x4's left. A couple of days later drunk teenagers come by with some diesel and make a bonfire out of your charred 2x4's. Does the insurance company owe you a second claim?

Re: What would you do? [Re: mattm] #13111182 04/02/19 06:33 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by mattm
if I understand this correctly there was a second storm that caused damge to his house....if so,there is no fraud here.....I assume he had roof damage from a storm two years ago,filed a claim and decided to put the payment in his pocket rather than repair the damage or replace the roof even though the damage may have shortened the life of his roof.....there is no fraud there...nothing in his policy says what he has to do with the money paid.....
he insures with another company probably because his previous company jacked his rates up and now he has another claim for roof damage from another storm....he is entitled to collect for that damage also......there is no fraud involved.....you don't see insurance companies refunding premiums if someone doesn't have any claims and there is nothing fraudulent about claiming damages to your prop[erty that you paid insurance premiums to protect...insurance is a calculated risk agreed to by both parties...most of the time the insurance companies collect a lot more than they have to pay out...

wouldn't the fact that he is claiming on the same damage a second time with a diferent co. constitute fraud?

well the op said he had damage for a storm two years ago and pocketed the money then a recent hailstorm obliterated his house and fence so have to assume there were two different storms...maybe the original poster can clarify if there is two different storms or not....if there was two different storms,I don't see where there is any fraud...

Are you being serious? First insurance company gave the guy the money to replace the totaled roof. Guy didnt do it and now a different storm causes more damage. You expect the 2nd company to be responsibe for the already totaled roof the 2nd storm did additional damage too?

If so lets say your house burns down, nothing but charred 2x4's left. A couple of days later drunk teenagers come by with some diesel and make a bonfire out of your charred 2x4's. Does the insurance company owe you a second claim?

the original poster was never specific as to how much damage the first storm caused nor did he say if he was paid for a new roof or just partial repairs...typically most hail storms shorten the life of a roof rather than totally destroying it....I'm not advocating defrauding an insurance company but from the story there was some minor damage but it wasn't leaking and house was still liveable...the second storm "obliterated" the roof according to the description given by the original poster....unless we know the damage assessments and amounts paid,we really can't make a judgement as to who is right in this case...

Re: What would you do? [Re: beartrap] #13111199 04/02/19 06:47 PM
M
mattm Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
I've never received anything but a full replacement check.

Re: What would you do? [Re: beartrap] #13111206 04/02/19 06:57 PM
N
nitroslim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N

Its the principle of insurable interest. There is no requirement for a carrier to inspect a home or other property prior to providing the insurance. It is in good faith that the owner represents the property in an insurable fashion, as that is the intent of the policy. If the homeowner had a claim, where the roof was totaled and actual cash value was paid, ( pending the replacement of the roof, where they would collect the holdback ) then that roof has no insurable interest, or value, to the new policy. Claiming again, is fraud cut and dry. Items that were not included in the prior claim, yes, those can be claimed. It is also up to the owner to segregate damage from storms. look up Hamilton Properties v. The American Insurance Co

Re: What would you do? [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13111208 04/02/19 06:59 PM
B
Brandon Adamcik Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
B
No, his roof was perfect. Farmers insurance just felt like replacing the roof gutters etc for chits and giggles.
Smh

Czechfish
Re: What would you do? [Re: beartrap] #13111287 04/02/19 08:24 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

the contract you have with your ins. carrier
says
if they write you a check for damage, the damage needs to be repaired
straight up fraud
it will be hard to prove though

Re: What would you do? [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13111292 04/02/19 08:31 PM
Derek 🐝 Offline
Queen of Bees
Queen of Bees
No, his roof was perfect. Farmers insurance just felt like replacing the roof gutters etc for chits and giggles.
Smh

That was nice of them.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: What would you do? [Re: Derek 🐝] #13111299 04/02/19 08:44 PM
cocodrie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
Smh

That was nice of them.

Now that's a great insurance company.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide