Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Boat Rigging help [Re: toofy] #13101244 03/24/19 03:10 AM
J
JWfish Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted by toofy
I've used Chris at Lakeside Marine Specialties multiple times. Alvarado, TX south of Fort Worth. He pays attention to details and has always gotten it right for me the first time. He's a bass angler himself and knows what works. His place is on the lake so he can test things out and troubleshoot easily. I am like you in that I want to plan ahead and schedule these things to minimize downtime and maximize effeciency. He can work by appointment so that when you drop off your boat he gets to work on it right away. This is much different from the big boys at Cabelas who take your boat and let it sit for 3 weeks before they get around to even looking at it.

https://www.lakesidemarinespecialties.com/contact-us

Originally Posted by toofy
I've used Chris at Lakeside Marine Specialties multiple times. Alvarado, TX south of Fort Worth. He pays attention to details and has always gotten it right for me the first time. He's a bass angler himself and knows what works. His place is on the lake so he can test things out and troubleshoot easily. I am like you in that I want to plan ahead and schedule these things to minimize downtime and maximize effeciency. He can work by appointment so that when you drop off your boat he gets to work on it right away. This is much different from the big boys at Cabelas who take your boat and let it sit for 3 weeks before they get around to even looking at it.

https://www.lakesidemarinespecialties.com/contact-us

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Boat Rigging help [Re: Andrew Murphy] #13101250 03/24/19 03:20 AM
J
JWfish Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Agree 100x's on working with Chris at Lakeside Marine. Our new boat is with him as we speak and will be ready in a few days. He puts a lot of thought and expertise into what he does and is 100 per cent committed to making sure you are a happy customer.

Re: Boat Rigging help [Re: JWfish] #13101280 03/24/19 05:39 AM
T
toofy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T

Last edited by toofy; 03/24/19 02:51 PM. Reason: duplicate
Re: Boat Rigging help [Re: Andrew Murphy] #13101283 03/24/19 06:02 AM
T
Tjhook Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I'll do it

Semper Fidelis
Re: Boat Rigging help [Re: Andrew Murphy] #13101452 03/24/19 03:35 PM
L
Lazy Ike Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Andrew Murphy
Originally Posted by H2ODawg67
Originally Posted by Dubee
Shut up and fish

Dubee's not being rude, there's a guy that does installs. His screen name is "shut up and fish".

Ha I was wondering there for a second. Thanks

His name is David i havent used him but have met & talked to him, nice & knowledgeable, excellant work . Shut up and Fishx3

Re: Boat Rigging help [Re: Andrew Murphy] #13105992 03/28/19 02:24 PM
skeeterzx202 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
search youtube- everything is explained if you watch enough videos. Not that hard of a task and you definitely should not have to "cut" anything. maybe predrill some mounting screws but that is it. most all boats have areas that can be removed and wires routed trough for mounting graphs.

Waterloo Rods/Smacktackle baits
Coleto Bassmasters
South region B.A.S.S. Nation
Re: Boat Rigging help [Re: Andrew Murphy] #13106011 03/28/19 02:36 PM
T
texasbassdude Offline
Angler
Angler
T
I'd give it a go at doing it yourself. I've installed my own TM and fish finders and it's not that difficult. If you run into problems, folks here on the forum are usually pretty helpful.

As far as drilling the holes, if the existing ones don't fit (I think the Ultrex fits the Fortrex mount), then just take your time and be happy with the positioning of the TM before you do the drilling. Getting someone else to help by holding the TM would be good, too.

Re: Boat Rigging help [Re: Andrew Murphy] #13106518 03/28/19 09:39 PM
White Oak Skeeter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Granted, I am incompetent when it comes to do it yourself projects of nearly any kind. But, if you aren't sure of your own abilities, and you want the install to look great, have the graphs set up correctly, have the Ultrex not only installed, but configured properly, I highly recommend David Goodson at Shut Up and Fish. He has installed several trolling motors and 7 or 8 graphs for me. He takes the time to not only set it all up but he will help you learn how to navigate through the ten thousand menus on the graphs. He may not be the cheapest, but he is the only one I trust for that kind of work. Nope, he's not my brother or cousin. No blood!!

Re: Boat Rigging help [Re: Andrew Murphy] #13106861 03/29/19 02:20 AM
Texascajun69 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Ultrex bracket is longer than Fortex. Holes DO NOT MATCH

John K Fontenot
Diapers and Politicians need to be changed often; and for the same reason.
Re: Boat Rigging help [Re: Andrew Murphy] #13109944 04/01/19 05:12 PM
A
Andrew Murphy Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
A
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm looking at different options.

For those of you saying to Do It Yourself:
Just this weekend, I was trying to re-tighten a bracket to the windshield where the screws had backed out, and ended up breaking the window by over tightening....Call it Murphy's law, or Murphy being a dumb [censored]. I can get away with some repairs, but don't have best of luck all the time. I took a picture of the break and sent to my Handy man friends, to tell them, "see this is why I always ask for yalls help, or call a professional". I was doing a storm door install that day, and got used to tightening all the way until I heard the bit slip. Had the screw gun in my hand, and remembered I needed to tighten the brackets that were loose. First attempt, and "POP", windshield shattered.

Another question I figured I'd ask: Is there a shop that does package deals? I remember one time being told by a local store owner to buy from him and "he could get me some discounts, rather than buying from liberal Tackle Warehouse in California" or something to that effect. I'll be buying an Ultrex, 2 fish finders(jury still out on which ones), and a 3 bank battery charger / new battery or two. That is going to be quite the purchase, so wondering if it would be worth going to a local shop to buy everything, or shop each individually online for best deals and ship to my house, then have shut up and fish install or do certain things myself. Lots to think about, but now that I have to take my boat in to tracker center for the windshield repair, i'm checking with their marine sales, to see what they can offer. Also, double checked with Shut up and fish, to see if they can do windshield repairs.

roflmao bang helpsign

Re: Boat Rigging help [Re: Andrew Murphy] #13110048 04/01/19 06:34 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Buy it all from shut up and fish and have him install it.

Re: Boat Rigging help [Re: Andrew Murphy] #13110061 04/01/19 06:38 PM
A
anthonyh821 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted by Andrew Murphy
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm looking at different options.

For those of you saying to Do It Yourself:
Just this weekend, I was trying to re-tighten a bracket to the windshield where the screws had backed out, and ended up breaking the window by over tightening....Call it Murphy's law, or Murphy being a dumb [censored]. I can get away with some repairs, but don't have best of luck all the time. I took a picture of the break and sent to my Handy man friends, to tell them, "see this is why I always ask for yalls help, or call a professional". I was doing a storm door install that day, and got used to tightening all the way until I heard the bit slip. Had the screw gun in my hand, and remembered I needed to tighten the brackets that were loose. First attempt, and "POP", windshield shattered.

Another question I figured I'd ask: Is there a shop that does package deals? I remember one time being told by a local store owner to buy from him and "he could get me some discounts, rather than buying from liberal Tackle Warehouse in California" or something to that effect. I'll be buying an Ultrex, 2 fish finders(jury still out on which ones), and a 3 bank battery charger / new battery or two. That is going to be quite the purchase, so wondering if it would be worth going to a local shop to buy everything, or shop each individually online for best deals and ship to my house, then have shut up and fish install or do certain things myself. Lots to think about, but now that I have to take my boat in to tracker center for the windshield repair, i'm checking with their marine sales, to see what they can offer. Also, double checked with Shut up and fish, to see if they can do windshield repairs.

roflmao bang helpsign

Another vote for shut up and fish. David rigged up my pontoon which never had a trolling motor or graphs. He did a very professional job and had me in and out in one day. I shopped around and found the best prices and bought them online and then took everything to him to have installed. My list was very similar to yours.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide