Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! #13066051 02/18/19 01:11 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content OP
Pumpkin Head
OP Online Content
Pumpkin Head
With no more local Rainbow Trout Stockings being made until next December trout stocking season is coming to an end. There are still trout in a lot of the water bodies that were stocked across Texas. Myself,Rick-Catyakker,and Steve fished several stockings in the area over the past several weeks and easily limited out at all of them. We caught plenty of fish and released plenty of fish. We fished the Blanco River, Llano River,San Gabriel River,Earl Scott Pond,Guadalupe River,and the Frio River. All fish were caught on Gold Super Duper Lures and the Berkley Trout Bait-Cheese Colored. All of the water bodies are in great shape. It was also very nice to meet Torry aka Jagg,and Dick aka Ifishlbj at two of the stockings. Looking forward to next December! Catching a bunch of Rainbow Trout with some good friends. It just don't get any better! fish

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13066066 02/18/19 01:25 AM
P
Pot licker Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Thats awesome Chuck! You guys did great cheers
Is that an albino trout? It sure is pretty! coolphotos Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Pot licker; 02/18/19 01:26 AM.

Texas Elite Angler 🎣
https://www.jiglyf.com
Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13066074 02/18/19 01:31 AM
Pumpkin Head
OP Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Thanks Yesenia for the reply! cheers That is a regular Rainbow Trout with a genetic problem. For what I was told they get it from the hatchery. hmmm

Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13066206 02/18/19 03:52 AM
V
Vogey Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
V
Banker...Love that Strike King cap...and what are you doing with that "goldfish" ? Is there anything you don't go after ? laugh

Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13066258 02/18/19 06:19 AM
P
Pot licker Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Thanks Yesenia for the reply! cheers That is a regular Rainbow Trout with a genetic problem. For what I was told they get it from the hatchery. hmmm

Hmmm..... Well thanks that info. thumb

Texas Elite Angler 🎣
https://www.jiglyf.com
Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13066512 02/18/19 03:52 PM
Pumpkin Head
OP Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Thanks Steve for the reply! cheers Love the trout stocking season. It feels a void on the slow sunfish bite during the winter months. They are a BLAST to catch and very good eating. thumb Yesenia: I was told that the Albino Trout have genetic conditions brought on by hatchery conditions. Was told this by other anglers and a biologist. I used to think they were some sort of hybrid trout. noidea A genetic condition makes more since! coolio

Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13075189 02/26/19 02:30 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Nice post and some great times. You covered a lot of "MILES"! What was your best trout place to fish this stocking season?

Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13078189 03/01/19 12:27 AM
I
ifishlbj Offline
Angler
Angler
I
BAF- I fished stocked parks in Williamson County. The lakes at Garey Park. The lake at Shirley McDonald Park. And, the dam in San Gabriel Park. All locations produced great numbers of rainbows. I caught a few on canned whole kernel corn and all the rest were caught on gold SDL.

The Trout Derby at Garey Park was a blast with my oldest granddaughter, Laurel. The only way I will ever fish the derby at Shirley McDonald Park will be on a cold, rainy day! There were at least 200 folks there for the derby this year! San Gabriel Park is great anytime, but if you fish near me there you will need waterproof boots or waders.

Next season, we will try Garner State Park! We will probably RV there and stay a couple of days.

Think ahead and order your SDL ahead of time! They work really well in Colorado also.

According to Marcos J. De Jesus, that golden color trout is an amelanistic rainbow trout. It is a mutation that limits the formation of the dark spots.

This is the time of the year to chase white bass on one particular section of the San Gabriel River above Lake Georgetown!

Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13085490 03/08/19 12:17 AM
Pumpkin Head
OP Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Thanks Curtis and Dick for the replies. cheers Curtis: The best trout stocking for me was the Llano River at Castel. Got my biggest fish there and there was not much of a crowd. Guess the 24 degree temperature kept a bunch away. dance2 I even fished there once more and easily limited out catching some very nice trout. thumb Dick: It has been a GREAT stocking season all around. partyon Yes Sir I totally agree with you about the Gold Super Duper(SDL). It was truly the lure to choice for me which got great results all season long. hooked It was great meeting you and looking forward to fishing with you again down the way. rockon

Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13085597 03/08/19 01:50 AM
G
garbow Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Now thats sweet!! So glad yall got in some quality time!!!nothing better!!!

Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13086923 03/09/19 11:08 AM
Pumpkin Head
OP Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Thanks garbow for the reply! cheers

Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13089858 03/12/19 02:50 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Thanks Curtis and Dick for the replies. cheers Curtis: The best trout stocking for me was the Llano River at Castel. Got my biggest fish there and there was not much of a crowd. Guess the 24 degree temperature kept a bunch away. dance2 I even fished there once more and easily limited out catching some very nice trout. thumb Dick: It has been a GREAT stocking season all around. partyon Yes Sir I totally agree with you about the Gold Super Duper(SDL). It was truly the lure to choice for me which got great results all season long. hooked It was great meeting you and looking forward to fishing with you again down the way. rockon

I would have guessed the Blanco would have been your best stockings. This has been a pretty good stocking season with the exception of the Guadalupe River. If not for the SUPER FAST river flow this season could have been one to remember! Can't wait until the next season. woot

Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13091050 03/13/19 04:10 PM
T
Texdan Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
My wife and I are headed to Garner State park for a few days early next week and I'm wondering about the trout fishing there. I know stocking is long over but any tips on where to try? I've never been to Garner so have no idea where they stock or where I might try to fish. Any info/tips would be welcome!

Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13091480 03/13/19 09:42 PM
Pumpkin Head
OP Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Texdan: There is a chance that some trout are still there. I would fish by the spill way (park side). Also fish up from the spill way about 50 to 75 yards. I have been using Gold Super Duper Lures and the BerKley Trout Bait-Cheese Colored all season long. I was there in Mid February and easily limited out . I think there should still be some there but they will be hard to find. hide2

Re: Trout Stocking Season Coming to an End! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13092168 03/14/19 02:25 PM
T
Texdan Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Texdan: There is a chance that some trout are still there. I would fish by the spill way (park side). Also fish up from the spill way about 50 to 75 yards. I have been using Gold Super Duper Lures and the BerKley Trout Bait-Cheese Colored all season long. I was there in Mid February and easily limited out . I think there should still be some there but they will be hard to find. hide2

Thanks Banker. I also used the Gold SD's to fish the Canyon spillway based on everyone's comments here. Will give it a shot in a few days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide