G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Originally Posted by Brutaldudeski
Just more unnecessary googan hate. Literally every bait company out there is ripping off something in it's own way.

Yep.

I'm not a Googan follower, but they have a huge audience appealing to a younger crowd and they are good for the sport.

Can anyone post a soft plastics manufacturer who doesn't produce one bait that mimics a bait created by another company?

What do I win?

[Linked Image]post pictures

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: Medinalakeguy] #13065089 02/16/19 11:30 PM
C
cg203 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Both were designed by Steve Parks who owns the patents for Rage Tail. The claw design is almost identical. As said above he’s a pretty big deal in the fishing lure industry right now. He told me the other day he has 11 patents on his designs. It would be amazing to make a great living doing what you love to do!

Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: grout-scout] #13065099 02/16/19 11:41 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Just more unnecessary googan hate. Literally every bait company out there is ripping off something in it's own way.

Yep.

I'm not a Googan follower, but they have a huge audience appealing to a younger crowd and they are good for the sport.

Can anyone post a soft plastics manufacturer who doesn't produce one bait that mimics a bait created by another company?

What do I win?

You misunderstood the challenge. Show one company where every soft plastic they manufacturer is totally unique and doesn't spoof another company's design.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: thirtysixit] #13065104 02/16/19 11:48 PM
B
bradnitro175 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by thirtysixit
Originally Posted by C.Seymour
Originally Posted by PlanoTom
Googan baits are really good at catching flat breams.

Ya, becauase your a DB if you don't curve your hat like Bill Dance..
Never used a ''googan'' bait, but man I get tired of how you should wear your hat guy.

[Linked Image]

If you wear a flat bill hat you shouldn't be allowed to fish in Texas..... Change my mind.

also *you're*

If you're a bass fisherman and wine about a bait company that makes Bass lures you shouldn't be allowed to fish in tx.

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: Medinalakeguy] #13065152 02/17/19 01:02 AM
R
rodiebob Offline
Angler
Angler
R
YES, coz in Texas we need way more lures than we have now..So we can can take three times as long to make decisions..lol...

Walks With Fish
Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: Medinalakeguy] #13068613 02/20/19 01:29 PM
BriannShell Offline
Extremely Happy Angler
Extremely Happy Angler
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

They all mimic one another! The Googans didn't do anything others don't and like others have said if your making a craw bait it needs to look like a craw!

Lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep
Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13068634 02/20/19 01:54 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah

Yep.

Only one. The dude out of Hollywood who made the Basstrix Paddletail Tube. Everyone else has knocked him off, but he was the first to produce a soft, hollow-bodied swimbait that is extremely lifelike.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: Medinalakeguy] #13068891 02/20/19 05:01 PM
L
L a r r y Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Originally Posted by JCBfromTHF
I know they met with Steve Parks on at least a couple of occasions. I think one of them even took a solo trip with him to a factory over seas. They fished with him in Mexico as well I believe. So yeah I suspect they probably got a license agreement with him to use his Rage design to some degree.

The packaging is another thing that reminds so many people of Rage. I know Rob has said they went to the people with the patent on that clam shell packaging and licensed it from them as well.

I have used the Rage baits a lot and am super impressed with them. That's coming from someone who is not a Strike King fan at all. I have not used the Googans baits but did play with them in the store last week and I think they hit it out of the park at least on the craw design. I can see where it might even be better than the Rage just because its softer and I like their scent better than the coffee scent in the Rage.

I know the Googans get a lot of hate here on this forum but they did these baits right guys. They could have put out some junk with the Googan name on it and sold plenty of it just on the name. Instead they decided to compete with the best.

And if you read all of that and don't know who Steve Parks is then shame on you! Next to Ed Chambers he is probably one of the best lure designers of our time.

If you do some research, LUNKERSTV, did meet with BIG O, and have in depth meetings with him, on being able to use the molds for the flanges on the appendages. There is no FOUL PLAY, PATENT INFRINGEMENT on the googan baits that are currently being sold. It has all been done by the BOOK, by EVERY PATENT, and so forth. These young men are not out to STEAL anything from the BIG bait manufacturers, this deal has been in the works for quite a few years. SO the above statement is pretty spot on for what has transpired

Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: Medinalakeguy] #13068901 02/20/19 05:14 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Yall are also forgetting who is really the mastermind behind it all, and that's Scott Martin. Why do you think you are seeing it plastered all over FLW now.

Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: Medinalakeguy] #13070582 02/21/19 10:31 PM
B
Burgerboy Offline
Angler
Angler
B
What is not really being mentioned is the quality and softness of the plastic. Yes everyone mimics each other somewhat. But the reality is a higher end bait like a Strike King,Yamamoto or a Missile Baits , is going to have a softer plastic for more action. That is not to say bait like a Zoom or a Yum does not have it's place. They tend to be cheaper, you get more of them and tend to be a littler more durable. Yes the Googan is similar but it is an industry of monkey see, monkey do.

Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: Burgerboy] #13070598 02/21/19 10:43 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Burgerboy
What is not really being mentioned is the quality and softness of the plastic. Yes everyone mimics each other somewhat. But the reality is a higher end bait like a Strike King,Yamamoto or a Missile Baits , is going to have a softer plastic for more action. That is not to say bait like a Zoom or a Yum does not have it's place. They tend to be cheaper, you get more of them and tend to be a littler more durable. Yes the Googan is similar but it is an industry of monkey see, monkey do.

Lol. You think SK and Missle are better baits than Zoom? Did i read that right?

Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: Burgerboy] #13070625 02/21/19 11:13 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Burgerboy

I touched a little on the softness of the Googan baits in one of my earlier responses. I can tell you right now the Googan craw is softer than the Rage craw though. I wont compare the others since we are talking Googan vs Strike King in this thread though.

Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: Medinalakeguy] #13070747 02/22/19 01:02 AM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
they don't look very similar to me at all

Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: Medinalakeguy] #13070800 02/22/19 01:30 AM
M
MV Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
My Son caught a 9.14 Monday on the Krankin Kraw. He likes them.

Re: Googan Squad or Scam? [Re: Sinkey] #13071010 02/22/19 03:29 AM
W
Will.i.am Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
The real mastermind behind all of this is "Hector" who likes to fish but has a big following/companies in the gaming aka E sports industry and pretty much helped Rob (lunkersTv) through all this stuff and has brought a lot of the gaming stuff into what you see these guys doing fishing wise.. Scott Martin is just getting his piece of the pie as they expand and try to put their footprint in all the corners of the fishing industry! He's also very marketable and uses social media to promote his brand which you see more and more of the elite and flw doing now.. They have sponsors some MLF guys as well,

It's genius if you ask me, people dont wanna get out of the old way of thinking as this world we live in changes in everything we do!

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide