Forums59
Topics1,039,138
Posts13,959,786
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
April 27 Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. #13055351 02/07/19 02:47 PM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Ive had some folks asking if we can do a get together again this spring..so i wanted to make a post to see if there is any interest....Do to bad weather we had to change the date last year and a lot of folks who wanted to, couldnt make it
Lets toss some dates around and see what we come up with, however I'd like to suggest late April as a good time to be on murvall, the lake has settled down from the spawn and the fish will be back on good structure/ cover, . whether you shoot docks, chase brush piles, or fish timber it will all be producing ...there are very nice amenities and accommodations at murvaul Marina such as Rv and cabin rentals... plenty of room, nice free boat ramps....this could be a lot of fun...things do book up fast so we need to get on the ball.

What is a potlicker?... The second boat on the water is just the first potlicker banana

2nd annual Potlicker classic ( fun tournament)..last year we had a great time with this tournament and I hear the defending champions(T-Box & Hickory Nut) are chomping at the bits to bring our money back home. flehan...in all seriousness ,They dont stand a chance this time! de bolt

Last edited by TroyKing; 02/07/19 05:43 PM.

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: TroyKing] #13055434 02/07/19 03:50 PM
T
THarris22 Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Hopefully I can make this one. Murvaul has been tough lately maybe it will settle down by then. The lake has changed some since last year for the most part it's just been tough to get a constant bite going.

Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: TroyKing] #13055482 02/07/19 04:34 PM
C
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Other than Easter weekend I’m in.

Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: CrappieXpress] #13055513 02/07/19 05:01 PM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
I just called murvaul Marina and checked for cabin and RV availabilities... They have plenty of cabins and RV sites available for the weekend of the 27th and 28th.... They are nearly full the first and second weekend of May., Anything after that you get into graduation ceremonies and that's what stopped a lot of people from coming last year.

So let's set it for April 27th and see what we get....if you want to stay the night in an rv or a cabin speak up pretty fast ....for more details you can google Murval Marina.

Last edited by TroyKing; 02/07/19 05:14 PM.

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: TroyKing] #13055613 02/07/19 06:34 PM
B
bush hog Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
It was fun last year and some good food too! See ya there!

To whom much is given, much is required.
Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: TroyKing] #13056378 02/08/19 01:49 PM
Three Nails Guide Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Wife and I are going to try and make this one.

Mark Standridge
East Texas Crappie Guide
Fork Palestine
www.threenailsguide.com
www.facebook.com/threenailsguide
Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: TroyKing] #13056938 02/08/19 10:39 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
1st,
Let me give you the definition of “Potlicker”
Someone that follows you around marking the spots you are fishing
2nd,
Let me give the definition of “Skilled Angler”
Someone that scans the lake, marks structures that he found on his own, then determines which types of structure is holding the better quality fish, the lures and presentation required to catch them

roflmao loco nannyboo

Bring your A game boys, Hickory Nut & I will bring ours fish hooked banana boxing

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: TroyKing] #13057039 02/09/19 12:28 AM
B
bush hog Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Hahaha....here we go.... duel slinger

To whom much is given, much is required.
Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: tboxfish] #13057079 02/09/19 01:06 AM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by tboxfish
1st,
2nd,
Someone that scans the lake, marks structures that he found on his own, then determines which types of structure is holding the better quality fish, the lures and presentation required to catch them

roflmao loco nannyboo

Bring your A game boys, Hickory Nut & I will bring ours fish hooked banana boxing

1st,
2nd,

roflmao loco nannyboo

Well first of all I know when im soundly whipped!! flehan... And to be honest with you Hickory nut was rather intimidating... He just looks like a Gunnery Sergeant or something scared... Now I'm not one to cause trouble or start rumors or anyting but it was really Crappiecat that said yall followed them around all day... The weird thing is I've never really known him to catch much of anything....But that's all I heard about for three months I bet violin

Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: TroyKing] #13057622 02/09/19 03:47 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TroyKing

Well first of all I know when im soundly whipped!! flehan... And to be honest with you Hickory nut was rather intimidating... He just looks like a Gunnery Sergeant or something scared... Now I'm not one to cause trouble or start rumors or anyting but it was really Crappiecat that said yall followed them around all day... The weird thing is I've never really known him to catch much of anything....But that's all I heard about for three months I bet violin

Your 1st mistake was listening to CrappieCat, your 2nd mistake was putting what he said in print roflmao

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES

Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: tboxfish] #13057838 02/09/19 07:41 PM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by TroyKing

Your 1st mistake was listening to CrappieCat, your 2nd mistake was putting what he said in print roflmao

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even crappie fish anymore... I think he hangs out in the bass section most of the time now... He needs to change his handle from Crappiecat to BassDog0i812 or something noidea

Last edited by TroyKing; 02/09/19 10:01 PM.

Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: TroyKing] #13059367 02/11/19 02:00 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
All kidding & joking aside, y’all need to plan to attend this.
Great times, fellowship, not to mention a fish fry with all the fixings and some awesome pies by Troy’s better half! cheers

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES

Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: TroyKing] #13059541 02/11/19 04:10 PM
S
Slewfoot Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Me and little man might make it if momma doesn't kill us before then! Tourney every weekend in April it appears! He's been looking for a reason to get back to Murvaul and stick them bigguns 2 at a time like he did with Mark!!! thumb

Plus Hickory Nut needs somebody to drink beer with! I think I know just that guy!!! cheers

Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: TroyKing] #13061473 02/13/19 03:54 AM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
I'm gonna bring my A game and a prop nut wrench!!!!

Last edited by MrRoachie; 02/13/19 03:55 AM.

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!

Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
Re: Murvall spring G2G, & 2nd annual potlicker classic. [Re: bush hog] #13061567 02/13/19 11:15 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by bush hog
Hahaha....here we go.... duel slinger

Dang...this is a tough crowd, huh, Bush hog? Personally, I think all y’all need to bring your A game, as it helps fill the fryer basket...As I recall, many of y’all brought frozen fish based on your doubts about your fishing abilities...just saying, I didn’t bring any extra fish. fish

Troy, I WILL be bringing my homemade tartar sauce this year, just in case anyone wants a little side pot action...

Bass Section?? slinger

Actually, I have been hanging out in Old/New Mexico since Jan 1 (and quite a bit of October)...they got no internet where I’ve been...I do need to write some stories in the hunting section...got some really wild stuff (complete with pics) coming up! Currently working on permission to show really cool photos to the public (you guys) on some record book heads (mounts) coming out of the two Mexico’s...stay tuned!

All I can say about last year, if I can get Crappieexpress trained up to give me get an angle on a dock shot, this year, his knowldge of the lake is good enough, that it won’t matter how fast you electronic potlickers beat us to our holes... cheers

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide