Print Thread
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: Frank the Tank] #13046020 01/30/19 12:01 AM
M
McLovin’ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
So Howell is winning catching over 20 with 1.15 average??? LOL--so whoever wins the dink derby will probably end up winning, we'll just have to see

So in a real tournament Tharp would probably be on top with catching 9 fish with a 3.03 avg
There were some good big ones caught today by Tharp and Birge and I'd imagine there will be bigger caught as weaver continues to warm this week

Just going to have to retrain my brain to have to watch this style

Would be kind of neat to see them run catch/release with live leaderboard just as they do now, but only keeping their best 5 for daily total

Last edited by Mudbone; 01/30/19 12:03 AM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: Frank the Tank] #13046022 01/30/19 12:01 AM
J
JWalls Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I like the format. Thought they did a great job for the first one they did. My 20 year old non fishing children will get caught up in what is going on in MLF show and sit down and watch it. Would never happen with a Bassmaster or FLW wrap up show. Watching them throw big bags on scales and pull out two bass afterwards is not more exciting especially when you already know who won. I think having a different format that appeals to not hardcore 5 biggest bass is all that matters anglers will attract new people to watch bass fishing. If they had made it the same as the other two than there would have been no reason to start it. I think their very existence is forcing the other tours to raise their level of production so even those who do not like MLF format will benefit. It is funny to see how people enjoy different aspects of the same sport. I enjoy going out on Squaw and catching 20 to 40 bass with most being keepers. Others get on here and say that sucks and they would rather fish all day for a couple of bites with the chance to catch a big one.To each his own.

Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13046029 01/30/19 12:06 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Maybe, just maybe, they're working through their first event. This will continue to improve. If you're judging this on day one then just sit tight and let them get a couple underway. It's hands down better than any live anyone's watched since lives been a thing for fishing. Looking forward to the activation after today's round.

Yall never mind Mr Jones. I think hes a shareholder.

Lol, now that would be something. Look I get that theres a contingent whos just grumpy about this change, doesnt handle change well and is grasping at any last bit of nostalgia. I just prefer rooting for success of the platforms important to our sport. Its big picture man, not worrying about choppy live coverage or if the announcers are talking too much.

Im a fan of all of it, MLF, BASS and FLW. Seems like this is a 50/50 deal for most so theres going to be plenty of whining from the gallery...

Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: Walls] #13046044 01/30/19 12:20 AM
N
Neches Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by 5X3Phoenix
Maybe, just maybe, they're working through their first event. This will continue to improve. If you're judging this on day one then just sit tight and let them get a couple underway. It's hands down better than any live anyone's watched since lives been a thing for fishing. Looking forward to the activation after today's round.

I enjoyed what I could watch of it today, but I have to disagree with that assessment. I have never seen a single FLW event in my life until this last one at Sam Rayburn, and honestly had no clue who any of those guys were- but I enjoyed the heck out of their FLW Live. I loved it. Loved even more that it was available immediately afterward on youtube in it's entirety. I watched it all day long that Sunday on my big TV while doing chores. FLW has a new fan.
FLW at Rayburn was the best live coverage I have ever watched. I couldn't quit watching it and couldn't wait for the next day. I watched about 20 minutes of the MLF today and turned it off, just wasn't doing anything for me.

Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: Mark Jones] #13046051 01/30/19 12:27 AM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
[quote=Mark Jones]Maybe, just maybe, they're working through their first event. This will continue to improve. If you're judging this on day one then just sit tight and let them get a couple underway. It's hands down better than any live anyone's watched since lives been a thing for fishing. Looking forward to the activation after today's round.

Look I get that theres a contingent whos just grumpy about this change, doesnt handle change well and is grasping at any last bit of nostalgia. I just prefer rooting for success of the platforms important to our sport. Its big picture man, not worrying about choppy live coverage or if the announcers are talking too much.
/quote]

+1 And it's all FREE! Just like when MLF came about, (and wasn't free) we heard all the bitching and moaning. That concept went on to become #1 on The Outdoor Channel. For three straight years. Attracting so many sponsor dollars, it morphed into the BPT. And most of the naysayers became subscribers and big fans of MLF. Most polished, best produced fishing show on television. Ever. Rest assured, the BPT will exceed the mark set by the original. Give 'em time to work out the kinks. BPT admitted there would be multiple challenges on the front end. Especially with coverage.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: McLovin’] #13046165 01/30/19 01:55 AM
J
JWalls Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted by Mudbone
So Howell is winning catching over 20 with 1.15 average???

Still probably dinks but it was 1 lb 15oz (1.91) avg. Howell is more than 36 pounds ahead of half the field (20 of "best in the world") who are wishing they could of had a dinkfest like that.

Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: Mark Jones] #13046232 01/30/19 02:49 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

Lol, now that would be something. Look I get that theres a contingent whos just grumpy about this change, doesnt handle change well and is grasping at any last bit of nostalgia. I just prefer rooting for success of the platforms important to our sport. Its big picture man, not worrying about choppy live coverage or if the announcers are talking too much.

Im a fan of all of it, MLF, BASS and FLW. Seems like this is a 50/50 deal for most so theres going to be plenty of whining from the gallery...

Im just yankin your chain.

I like just about any kind of competitive fishing. Hell, I even DVR wicked tuna for Christ sakes. The key being COMPETITIVE fishing. I dont enjoy lazy fishing, and I hate the taste of fish. So, I buy 10-12 licenses a year to fish with adrenaline. Id like to have a MLF type tourney. I might be good at it, since catching 2 pounders seemsto be be my forte lately.

cheers

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: Frank the Tank] #13046244 01/30/19 03:00 AM
U
Used2fish Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
U
Under 2lb average sounds riveting

Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: Frank the Tank] #13046250 01/30/19 03:06 AM
B
boyd1002 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I didnt get to watch much but what I did watch was really well done. Definitely enjoyed it more than I thought. They did clarify that group b does not get to watch LIVE.. which I expected.. I did see where randy Howell put a recap of his day on Instagram.. do the group b anglers see that (or this forum for that matter) and how does it impact their decisions..

Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: JWalls] #13046324 01/30/19 04:51 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by JWalls
Originally Posted by Mudbone
So Howell is winning catching over 20 with 1.15 average???

Still probably dinks but it was 1 lb 15oz (1.91) avg. Howell is more than 36 pounds ahead of half the field (20 of "best in the world") who are wishing they could of had a dinkfest like that.

I agree!

He caught 17, 18, 19 more "dinks" that several of the "best in the world" which seems to be an humbling experience. bolt

Makes an old regular Joe not feel so bad about not catching 10-20 or more every time he goes to the lake. welcome

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: Frank the Tank] #13046333 01/30/19 05:19 AM
fosterfence Offline
Angler
Angler
I wish no ill will on any Tour. I thought the announcing was just ok. Switching anglers so often, and having very little 3 box stunk. The video quality was exceptional. I found it compelling that no one is talking about how Ish fish was weighed, then he asked for weight on another scale and it was 10oz heavier. He knew that larger fish was bigger. And then he started weighing multiple times. He even told the Marshall you need to get that scale calibrated after day is over. How many ounces did he lose, or others during the day from smaller fish, or gain? All different scales. What if you were doing that for a living and you were 2oz out of check range after seeing that? How would you feel?
My biggest problem is it seems like so much of this was done out of spite. Did the industry need changes? Yes. But spite doesnt do anyone good. And with all the social feeds to boot, you cant tell me Group B didnt see anything from today. I wish them well, BASS, and FLW just as much. I like the format in a way, but all the variables keep me from feeling like it is the purest form,

Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: fosterfence] #13046337 01/30/19 05:33 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by fosterfence
I wish no ill will on any Tour. I thought the announcing was just ok. Switching anglers so often, and having very little 3 box stunk. The video quality was exceptional. I found it compelling that no one is talking about how Ish fish was weighed, then he asked for weight on another scale and it was 10oz heavier. He knew that larger fish was bigger. And then he started weighing multiple times. He even told the Marshall you need to get that scale calibrated after day is over. How many ounces did he lose, or others during the day from smaller fish, or gain? All different scales. What if you were doing that for a living and you were 2oz out of check range after seeing that? How would you feel?

What?!, I never saw any of that
eek2

Last edited by Legend LE-195; 01/30/19 05:34 AM.
Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: Used2fish] #13046354 01/30/19 06:27 AM
Wes H Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by Used2fish
Under 2lb average sounds riveting

Whats the average fish weight from a bassmaster tourney?

fish
Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: Frank the Tank] #13046407 01/30/19 12:05 PM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I didnt get to watch it so who advanced I cannot find the results and are the others fishing today.

Re: Bass Pro Tour [Re: Frank the Tank] #13046417 01/30/19 12:27 PM
J
JWalls Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Day 1 results

They have to fish two days to advance. Group A was yesterday and tomorrow.
Group B Today and Friday.

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide