Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Palestine duck hunter ?? [Re: elkhartdom] #13046751 01/30/19 05:12 PM
K
kdub#1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Originally Posted by elkhartdom
thats the story I got also, I didn't know duck hunters had the "right of way" on a lake.

When someone gets to a spot first they have right of way. Most duck hunters set up on public lakes sometimes hours before sunrise, when someone in a bass boat or any boat for that matter decides they should be within 200 yards of the duck hunt they are messing up the hunt. While one can fish much closer than that, being that close to a duck hunter will scare away any birds that might come into his spread and also put oneself within range of steel shot intended for birds. Just be respectful and stay out of their hunting area.

Sometimes you have to go up a creek or through a cove etc to get to where you need to go and sometimes you simply don't se them, oit happens..just don't be a D.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Palestine duck hunter ?? [Re: doctorb] #13046857 01/30/19 06:44 PM
S
Smash-Tech Custom Baits Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by doctorb
I wish the game warden had written them tickets. Maybe they would have learned their lesson.

It wouldn't have been a ticket. Hunter Harassment is a Class B and they would have been arrested on the spot and boat towed or a warrant for their arrest issued and picked up later and booked in jail to await the judge to bond out.

Re: Palestine duck hunter ?? [Re: wild bill] #13046867 01/30/19 06:49 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Buncha lake namers in here

[Linked Image]
Re: Palestine duck hunter ?? [Re: McLovin’] #13046907 01/30/19 07:23 PM
B
BSanders Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
2 limits on Palestine??? roflmao

Re: Palestine duck hunter ?? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13046910 01/30/19 07:25 PM
B
BSanders Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
It's Palestine..... everybody that's ever watched Duck Dynasty bombards that lake!! To kill a few gadwalls or wood ducks!!

Re: Palestine duck hunter ?? [Re: wild bill] #13048089 01/31/19 08:38 PM
O
olducker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
O
I am a duck hunter and fisherman.. I would remind everyone that not only is duck season only a couple of months of the year. it is highly restricted in the areas of the lake it is permitted. There are a very limited number of lakes that allow duck hunting at all. Competition for the public spots is fierce. I would ask you fishermen to give them a break. It is one of the few publicly available hunting sports left. Hunting is a slowly dying sport. Traditions are fading and access is becoming for the wealthy only..A public reservoir hunt requires enormous effort, but is still available... barely... give them a break.. just go around ...

Re: Palestine duck hunter ?? [Re: olducker] #13048189 01/31/19 10:00 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by olducker
I am a duck hunter and fisherman.. I would remind everyone that not only is duck season only a couple of months of the year. it is highly restricted in the areas of the lake it is permitted. There are a very limited number of lakes that allow duck hunting at all. Competition for the public spots is fierce. I would ask you fishermen to give them a break. It is one of the few publicly available hunting sports left. Hunting is a slowly dying sport. Traditions are fading and access is becoming for the wealthy only..A public reservoir hunt requires enormous effort, but is still available... barely... give them a break.. just go around ...

^^A lot if wisdom here^^
As outdoors people both fisherman and hunters, I think we all owe it to the future generations to do what we can to keep things going.

Re: Palestine duck hunter ?? [Re: fouzman] #13048222 01/31/19 10:40 PM
M
metalman BDB Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Originally Posted by fouzman
Originally Posted by csbrad58
I am not a member of this thread and I'm using a friend's access to post this. First let me say that I do fish and I also hunt. I am the hunter that was in Old Folks on Palestine trying to hunt Saturday morning. In spite of the poor duck season this year, I was set up with decoys out about 5:30 that morning. About 7:00 I started hearing bass boats that seemed to be coming from the Villages. I didn't know there was a tournament that morning or I would likely have hunted Pines or Fork. Several boats came into the cove I was hunting, but they trolled along and were about 50 to 60 yards from me. Not ideal for my duck hunting, but I can deal with that. However, 2 boats came in and set up within 30 yards of me. I'll add that decoys were out, I did not have my blind on my boat up, and it was quite obvious we were duck hunting. One boat dropped his trolling motor on the very edge of my decoys right in front of me. I had actually set the decoys closer to my boat than usual and told my son I should have set them further out. The boat dropped its trolling motor and then moved about 10 feet beyond my decoys. The problem was I had 2 boats, one about 30 yards from me and the other within 25 yards of me and both stayed stationary and didn't move along. I waited and when they didn't move on we made sure they knew we were there and they still stayed. I called the local game warden, who I am familiar with, and told him what was going on. Just so happens he was already on the lake and said he would be there in about 10 minutes. When I got off the phone I proceeded to inform the guys fishing in the immediate area that I was there first and what they were doing was considered hunter harassment. I asked them to leave the area and warned them a warden would be there in about 10 minutes or so and it would be in their best interests to leave the area. They didn't. I'm sure they thought it was a bluff. Warden there in 10 minutes? He going to drop out of a helicopter or something? Well, about 10 minutes later here came 2 wardens in a boat with a small mud motor. He went to each boat and informed them they needed to clear the area and why. Everyone complied, although a couple of them grudgingly. One kept asking the warden what the law was on the matter and the warden had to keep repeating himself. No one was ticketed. And I'll add that I saw none of them catch any fish in the area. I stayed about another hour, picked up the decoys and left. As I was leaving boats started moving back in. The warden did what he was supposed to do. As a fisherman and duck hunter I don't get upset about a bass boat trolling by me while hunting as long as they keep moving along. I'm glad to see them on the lake as it helps keep ducks moving.....provided there are any ducks. But it is extremely discourteous what these guys did Saturday morning in old folks, especially 2 of these teams. It was a blatant disregard for someone else's privilege to be on the lake as a duck hunter. Duck season is November through January and I've been hunting on some very cold mornings and see bass fishermen on the lake. I give those guys kudos. I've had a few fishing that didn't see me, but most are courteous. I called the game warden and I would do it again without hesitation. If you are going to be on the lake, know the laws that might pertain to you.....whether you are fishing, hunting, etc. I'm almost 64 and have mellowed with age so I decided to let the warden handle the situation. As someone posted, fishing rods are not very effective against shotguns. Not only that, my duck boat is like a tank and my mud motor doing donuts in the cove would not have helped fishing in the area. To those of you on here who understand the law and are supportive of doing the right thing, I thank you. And to those who think otherwise and believe the lake belongs to them alone...well, not much to say, except be glad I called the warden. If there had been ducks flying in the area and we started shooting it could have been interesting. Now that duck season is over maybe I'll see you on the lakes fishing. Good luck and be safe.

You had my full attention and empathy until you posted the bs I highlighted in red. If you had done that, you'd be no better than those who were harassing you.

The gun would have been a slight over reaction ....but getting in my duck boat and running circles around them would have been the courteous, righteous thing to do 2cents

Re: Palestine duck hunter ?? [Re: wild bill] #13064537 02/16/19 05:18 AM
O
Ohheck Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
O
Total lack of common courtesy.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide