Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Saints no call [Re: bill oxner] #13037838 01/21/19 11:09 PM
C
COFF Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
What's incredible to me is that we can use replay to overturn the Eddleman punt drop in the AFC game, where they literally had to look at 3 different angles separately to determine it didn't touch is right hand, left hand, or body, but can't use it to see a blatant penalty that could/should have been observed by at least 3 different officials.

Re: Saints no call [Re: Happykamper] #13037903 01/21/19 11:58 PM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Were they still not ahead after the call was made? They could have won the game. They didn't do what it took. If the call had ended the game and prevented them from a chance to go ahead then it would have clearly cost them the game.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Saints no call [Re: bill oxner] #13037908 01/22/19 12:01 AM
B
bill oxner Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B

The play was not reviewable. In hindsight, what would have happened if the coach had thrown the flag to review and claimed that the defensive back had stepped out of bounds before he made the hit?

[Linked Image]

The birds and the guides follow mr out
Re: Saints no call [Re: Hard Rain] #13037913 01/22/19 12:03 AM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Hard Rain
I read where Bill Belichick has said all plays should be subject to challenge including penalties or no calls. You would still have the same amount of challenges but you could challenge any play for review. To me that makes the most sense for a play like this and would have corrected the no call.

What if Peyton had used up all his challenges? They would still be crying.

There is pass interference on almost every play. Certainly a penalty on about every play. Some may be away from the ball. So could you challenge a hold, pass interferenc etc on any big game changing play?

Re: Saints no call [Re: bill oxner] #13037917 01/22/19 12:06 AM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
The marque match up would have been Brady vs Brees. Why would the NFL not want that?

Re: Saints no call [Re: Fishspanker] #13037970 01/22/19 12:47 AM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Fishspanker
I read where Bill Belichick has said all plays should be subject to challenge including penalties or no calls. You would still have the same amount of challenges but you could challenge any play for review. To me that makes the most sense for a play like this and would have corrected the no call.

There is pass interference on almost every play. Certainly a penalty on about every play. Some may be away from the ball. So could you challenge a hold, pass interferenc etc on any big game changing play?

Yes that would be my understanding but once your 2 challenges are gone you are SOL if something major happens. Like the current challenges it takes overwhelming evidence to overturn a call on the field so it would be smart to hold at least one towards the end of the game. I actually think this is better than the current system at least in consideration of the quality of the NFL part time refs.

Re: Saints no call [Re: Fishspanker] #13037980 01/22/19 12:57 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Fishspanker

Like Hard Rain said, how would that be any different than the current system? It would just expand the types of plays that can be challenged.

[Linked Image]
Re: Saints no call [Re: bill oxner] #13038055 01/22/19 02:13 AM
K
Kicker16 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
If the Saints wouldn't have blown a 13-0 lead at home and went better than 2 for 5 in the red zone, this would hardly be a issue. Yes it was a bad call but they had their chances and let them get away.

Re: Saints no call [Re: Kicker16] #13038066 01/22/19 02:22 AM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Kicker16
If the Saints wouldn't have blown a 13-0 lead at home and went better than 2 for 5 in the red zone, this would hardly be a issue. Yes it was a bad call but they had their chances and let them get away.
^This is a better way of saying what I was thinking...Fishspanker touched on it too. Im a big fan of taking accountability where accountability should be taken...control what you can control.

Re: Saints no call [Re: Sawhorse] #13038071 01/22/19 02:26 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
^This is a better way of saying what I was thinking...Fishspanker touched on it too. Im a big fan of taking accountability where accountability should be taken...control what you can control.

I get the point, but I disagree with it to an extent. Could they have done more to win? Sure. If the correct call is made, they would have won, so they did do enough to win except for an egregious missed call that everyone agrees was a foul.

[Linked Image]
Re: Saints no call [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13038110 01/22/19 02:58 AM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

I get the point, but I disagree with it to an extent. Could they have done more to win? Sure. If the correct call is made, they would have won, so they did do enough to win except for an egregious missed call that everyone agrees was a foul.

And until changes (like you and others suggested) are made, the egregious missed calls that everyone agrees is a foul can, and will, continue to happen. I would just want my team (if I were the coach) to spend time working on things they can do (and could have done) to win despite the horrible call.

You said yourself that they could have done more to win. My energy would be spent against doing that. Theres no value in complaining about the bad call that cost you a trip to the Super Bowl.

Re: Saints no call [Re: bill oxner] #13038123 01/22/19 03:14 AM
M
McLovin’ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Let's be honest, The officiating has been a complete $&@! show the entire year...

Just put panties on the QB and let's don't touch them and hopefully find a middle ground between what we used to know as the NFL and coed flag football.

The officials were WAY too involved in too many games this year and I would put money on someone being fired over some of the bad calls/no calls this weekend

Re: Saints no call [Re: Sawhorse] #13038124 01/22/19 03:17 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

And until changes (like you and others suggested) are made, the egregious missed calls that everyone agrees is a foul can, and will, continue to happen. I would just want my team (if I were the coach) to spend time working on things they can do (and could have done) to win despite the horrible call.

You said yourself that they could have done more to win. My energy would be spent against doing that. Theres no value in complaining about the bad call that cost you a trip to the Super Bowl.

Except, even without doing more, they still should have won. I get the point that they had more chances to win, but they did enough to win if the most obvious pass interference and hit to the head of all time is called.

They did enough to win and got screwed.

[Linked Image]
Re: Saints no call [Re: Sawhorse] #13038147 01/22/19 03:40 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

The other team happens to be a pro football team as well, don't put that they should have done more to win stuff up there, they did get a 13-0 lead early in the game, they did put themselves in position to win the game but a bad no call kept them from ending the game right then and there, the bottom line is there was a flagrant no call penalty, it was actually 3 penalties in one, there is just no way that call cannot be made, the Rams should have lost the game, there is no other way to spin it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Saints no call [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13038152 01/22/19 03:42 AM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Except, even without doing more, they still should have won. I get the point that they had more chances to win, but they did enough to win if the most obvious pass interference and hit to the head of all time is called.

They did enough to win and got screwed.

Even without doing more, they still should have won. But they didnt. They didnt do more and they didnt win. They cant control the blown call...they can control the doing more.

Im looking backward and saying they got screwed......buuuut they didnt do enough to secure the win and ended up being in a position to get screwed. Next time do enough to secure the win and go to the Super Bowl - Or - Do enough to win and roll the dice on sitting at home while the Rams go again because of a blown call.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide