Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 #13015486 01/03/19 03:34 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
A Belated Happy New Year!!!

OK, this is a simple one week prelim for January 2019. We have been on an earlier schedule at work, and I am a late nighter, not an early bird. I hope to post January Thursday night, but if not, it could be Friday night.

OK, here is your 1 week or 10 day prelim brief for January 2019 ...
Mon 31st- BFT
Tues 1st- BFT
Wed 2nd- ZIP
Thurs 3rd- ZIP
Fri 4th- ZIP
Sat 5th- ZIP
Sun 6th- ZIP
Mon 7th- BC
Tues 8th- BFT
Wed 9th- YC
Thurs 10th- YC
Fri 11th- YC

Moon Phases---
5th- New Moon
14th- 1st Qtr

PYC Days---
31st/1st
9th/10th

That should help tide you over until I can get back Thursday or Friday PM. Sorry for the delay! I am running short on Vitamin Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Until then, Stay Safe, Stay Warm, and Keep Dry!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13016408 01/03/19 11:04 PM
S
snowyriver6 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
that calender doesnt jive with my days off. I wanted to go this weekend

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13016656 01/04/19 02:14 AM
L
Littlefeather Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Youre really letting me down Lynn! My boat wants to go after blues the next 2 days. Please edit the BC days. grin

Those who dance are considered mad by those who cannot hear the music.
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13018480 01/05/19 06:57 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I hope to post the full calendar by Midnight. I have 2019 strung throughout 3 computers & trying to pool it all. Portions are on U-6 2006 Dell tower [XP], U-8 rebuilt Sony Aio laptop [XP], and U-9 refurbished Dell (WINDOWS 7] .

I did not create the calendar, nor can I alter it. But I will give you another few tips.

For those ZIP days ...
Tip 1--- You still have a 25% to 33% estimated window to catch Blues, Yellows, and Gator Gars, as some do not run the norm. They run a "Rogue" schedule.

Tip 2--- Use out of the ordinary (non-natural) baits, such as stink baits, and so on.

Tip 3--- By using a boat, you can locate schools of fish with your scope (finder) to try your best to find one that will open its mouth (surely one of the masses will accidently suck down your bait on a hook).

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13019435 01/06/19 06:35 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Once again, A Belated Happy New Year!!!

Since this is the Intro for the Year 2019, for those just now tuning in, here are the URLs (web-dresses) for the previous years. You can back up to a little of the background behind the Calendar and tips along the way shared in the yearly threads. I was taught by two YellowCat teachers, and learned from what they had been taught, as well as learned from their experience. However, I stumbled upon the Calendar by accident (or was it?) in 1981 & 1982. I mapped out my plan & decided to put it to the test for 3 years (1983, 1984, 1985) on the Trinity River (below TX 21). In a nutshell, I've been using the Calendar for almost 40 years. I tell folks I didn't create it, I just discovered it. The pattern was already there, but due to circumstances, it unfolded & then I had to wonder. Well, there is no wonder any more. As many have found out, including many here on TFF, it just plain works. You can save these links to the previous years, as well as this current year's thread:

Previously ...
2010 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5176857/1>
2011 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5657988/1>
2012 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/7059981/1>
2013 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/8477517/1>
2014 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/9620277/1>
2015 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10541276/1>
2016 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11325915/1>
2017 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12013552/1>
2018 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12556618/1>

And this year's ...
2019 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13015486/1>

I'm glad I posted the Prelim the other night, as sleep has been deprived here & there. Thursday night, I think I got about 3.5 hours worth before getting up from the recliner. Came to computer in the Library, and got caught on Skype by the wife, so we texted until about 4:30 AM. 2 cups of coffee got me thru the day, but I crashed at 8:30 PM Friday. Finally got 12.5 hours worth. So I'm a little more awake for the moment.

When I was posting the prelim the other night, I kept pulling up partial files. For the PYC days, I had to rely on them from the Quarterly print-out, as I mapped them out & circled them. So I'm about to search to see where I finally put the completed RTF calendars, moon phases, and PYC days for 2019. Ah-Ha! Found them in the "RTF Calendars" folder in U-6.

I was hoping to get time to get a printed edition for 2019 ready, but even though we slowed down at work, it seems my chores and projects here at home have increased. And as some might recall, my target this Spring (from March into May), I hope to finally catch "The Giant" (a really big Op/YellowCat). I will attempt it in the new Alumnacraft 12 footer, but rigged especially to prevent rollover, as this one takes off with a tractor pull & never gives. On May 5th, 2018, I did not realize I had "IT" on the line until I was almost right over it. It snapped my size 36 braided green nylon leader & took the hook. Maybe it was I who got lucky though, as I failed to think what it would do, if it stayed on & dove down.

If I don't get time for a 2019 printed edition, then I am hoping to put a 2020 calendar together, along with a Catfish Calendar companion book.

Well, let's get going for 2019. Here is the bigger picture of January. I finally found the PYC days completed file. It seems I used a different file name.

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JANUARY 2019
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX | XX | 1 BFT | 2 ZIP | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP | 5 ZIP
6 ZIP | 7 BC | 8 BFT | 9 YC | 10 YC | 11 YC | 12 ZIP
13 ZIP | 14 BC | 15 BC | 16 ZIP | 17 ZIP | 18 YC | 19 YC
20 BC | 21 BC | 22 BFT | 23 BFT | 24 BC | 25 ZIP | 26 BFT
27 BFT | 28 BFT | 29 ZIP | 30 ZIP | 31 BC
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- January 2019 Moon Phases---
5th- New Moon
14th- 1st Qtr
21st- Full Moon
27th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- January 2019 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
(31)/1 (Mon)/Tues
9/10 Wed/Thurs
18/19/20 Fri/Sat/Sun
27/28 Sun/Mon

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (January 2019), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 7th (Mon)
3rd Week- 14/15 (Mon/Tues)
4th Week- 20/21/24 (Sun/Mon/Thurs)
5th Week- 31 (Thurs)

Also February 1st,3rd,4th (Fri/Sun/Mon) are BlueCat days in case you want to make early plans.

***ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this is reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2019 KEY:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day.
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack 'em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Near Full Moon, Gator Gars & YellowCats seem to feed a few hours later.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC or PYC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat's Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.
Tip- Bleedover works both ways- Before & After a calendar day. Take advantage.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, remember that Bleedover could run as far as 12 hours (before & after).

And in the January Prelim for this year, I gave 3 tips as to ZIP days, mainly towards BlueCats.

So what are you waitin' for? My apologies, as I'm about 30 minutes behind as to hopes of posting before Midnight.

Be Careful out on the waters, especially if high winds!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13050377 02/03/19 02:43 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
WOW!!! Aren't we glad we don't live up at the top of the USA?

I can only wonder if any body even tried to go ice fishing during that blast this week up north.

This year's URL for the 2019 Catfish Calender, just in case you want to paste it in, to pull it up fast ...
2019 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13015486/1>

I'm glad I posted the Prelim the other night, as sleep has been deprived here & there. Thursday night, I think I got about 3.5 hours worth before getting up from the recliner. Came to computer in the Library, and got caught on Skype by the wife, so we texted until about 4:30 AM. 2 cups of coffee got me thru the day, but I crashed at 8:30 PM Friday. Finally got 12.5 hours worth. So I'm a little more awake for the moment.

When I was posting the prelim the other night, I kept pulling up partial files. For the PYC days, I had to rely on them from the Quarterly print-out, as I mapped them out & circled them. So I'm about to search to see where I finally put the completed RTF calendars, moon phases, and PYC days for 2019. Ah-Ha! Found them in the "RTF Calendars" folder in U-6.

We finally picked up at the shop some, so I can now see some daylight & fishing in the Spring sometime. Sadly I don't have time to put together a 2019 printed edition, but my fingers are crossed to put a 2020 calendar together. And I hope to compile a Catfish Calendar companion book (guide), along with other tips, such as YellowCats and then some.

I might add that there was recent mention here on TFF in the Catfishing section, of Bass Pro buying out Cabela's, and starting to phase out some of Cabela's products. Yes, I got that feeling last Sunday when I was looking for a specialty tool in all the local B-CS auto parts stores. As I was heading south down Texas Avenue, before turning left, I realized I did not see OfficeMax letters up above where the store was. After coming out of Advance Auto, I drove across the street into the shopping center, as I came by where OfficeMax had been, it was empty & no sign it had existed. As you may or may not know, a few years back, Office Depot bought the OfficeMax stores. I had wondered if they would eventually gut the OfficeMax stores & shut them down. I was correct. That was where I got the Catfish Calendars. I've seen inside Office Depot printing services here & unless they have machines hiding in back (out of sight), they have no capabilities of the services that OfficeMax had. I am already scouting another Copy store for affordability. I may have found one by accident on Friday. So we shall see.

So I guess we should remember, the only thing that remains the same, is change. Nothing stays the same.

As I noted last month, it seems I used a different file name to store the RTF calendars, Moon phases, and PYC days. So I best get going in hunting them down again in my massive data stored here in U-6.

Last month, I gave you an early heads up, as to the first of February (1st,3rd,4th Fri/Sun/Mon) being BlueCat days just in case you want to make early plans. As well as to tiode you over in case I was running late posting this month, which I am.

Without further delay, here ya go ...

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- FEBRUARY 2019
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 BC | 2 ZIP
3 BC | 4 BC | 5 BFT | 6 BFT | 7 YC | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP
10 BC | 11 BC | 12 BC | 13 ZIP | 14 ZIP | 15 YC | 16 YC
17 BC | 18 BC | 19 BFT | 20 BFT | 21 BC | 22 BC | 23 BFT
24 BFT | 25 ZIP | 26 ZIP | 27 ZIP | 28 BC

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- February 2019 Moon Phases---
4th- New Moon
12th- 1st Qtr
19th- Full Moon
26th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- February 2019 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
5/6 Tues/Wed
14/15/16 Thurs/Fri/Sat
23/24 Sat/Sun

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (February 2019), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 1 (Fri)
2nd Week- 4 (Mon)
3rd Week- 10/11 (Sun/Mon)
4th Week- 17//20/21 (Sun & Wed/Thurs)
5th Week- 27/28 (Wed/Thurs)
6th Week- NONE

*** ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

*** And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this is reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

For the official Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2019 KEY, just back up to the main January post.

Looking ahead into March, here is the first PYC grouping---
4/5 Mon/Tues (also 4- BC & 5- BFT)

And earliest BC days---
1//4 Fri & Mon

Well, what are you waitin' for?
Another chill hits on Thursday/Friday,
Have a Good One & Be Safe!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13079554 03/02/19 09:15 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] March 2019:

Looks like here we go again, as to the weather. Trees & leaves were already budding. This freeze will probably have them start off all over again.

I guess this month is crunch time for me, I got a date coming up with "The Giant" and I hope to meet head on. There's a trailer to be assembled, as well as modifioed for the 12 foot flat bottom. And then I have to pull the hitch off of the Camry & put it on the Metro. I will be looking up either a 150# or 200# scale, along with getting it certified, as I want to make sure all bases are covered. Lest we not forget, the two extended pontoons to stabilize & prevent a rollover should it become a tug-of-war between me & "The Giant". I've got a feeling, it won't come quietly. I remember my first tango with "Big'Un" back in August 1983 on the Trinity River. Even though I refer to her as 60#, it was actually over 65#, as per the Meat Locker employee who weighed it at 59# with the tail dragging the floor of the scales told us. That Op almost took me out of the boat, as I was not even braced for sch a brute that morning. At first estimate, I said about 115# as to "The Giant", but I am leaning on it being more than that. Probably not over 150#, but a record brute of an Op, for sure.

Well, I better get going before I fall asleep again here, and get March posted.

Without further delay, here ya go ...

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MARCH 2019
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / | 1 BC | 2 BFT
3 BFT | 4 BC | 5 BFT | 6 BFT | 7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP
10 BC | 11 BC | 12 ZIP | 13 ZIP | 14 YC | 15 YC | 16 ZIP
17 BC | 18 BFT | 19 BFT | 20 BC | 21 BC | 22 YC | 23 YC
24 BFT | 25 ZIP | 26 ZIP | 27 BC | 28 BC | 29 BFT | 30 BFT
31 BFT

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- March 2019 Moon Phases---
6th- New Moon
14th- 1st Qtr
20th- Full Moon
28th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- March 2019 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
4/5 Mon/Tues
13/14/15 Wed/Thurs/Fri
23/24 Sat/Sun

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (March 2019), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 1 (Fri)
2nd Week- 4 (Mon)
3rd Week- 10/11 (Sun/Mon)
4th Week- 17/20/21 (Sun/Wed/Thurs)
5th Week- 27/28 (Wed/Thurs)
6th Week- NONE

*** ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

*** And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this is reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

For the official Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2019 KEY, just back up to the main January post.

Looking ahead into April, here is the first PYC grouping---
1/2 (Mon/Tues)

And earliest BC days---
15/17/18 (Mon/Wed/Thurs)

Well, still waitin'?
Another chill hits this weekend into the week,
Watch out for those March winds on the lake!
Have a Good One & Be Safe!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13108651 03/31/19 10:56 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Sadly, it looks like our millipede crop is coming back this year. Two years ago we had a bumper crop & then some. Anybody ever tried using them for bait? They have a foul odor if pressed enough to click. Not sure, but that might be breaking their back. I would say we had them by the millions (to say by the thousands, would be such an understatement). They get into everything anywhere.

I won't have funds until late November to get the larger & wider 14 foot Mon Ark ready for action, so the duty of catching "The Giant" falls to the recently bought AlumnaCraft 12 footer. But I realize there are dangers in trying to boat a monster such as this one in a 12 footer, even though it is a flat bottom.

I managed to get my boat trailer (for the 12 footer) back in late November 2018 from Harbor Freight. But have yet had to assemble it. I did manage to register it & get my license plate just over a week ago. I have not pulled my hitch off the Camry yet, to put on the Metro. I have come up with a plan, as to the ballast or stabilizer (aka side pontoon) for the 12 footer, to keep "The Giant" from rolling the boat over, as I am sure he can do it. Looks like I may not hit the water until May. I will be posting on my "Giant" thread soon, as the preparation begins (or gets under way much more starting this month). I have not had a chance yet to check into a certified scale that will go up to 150 or 200 pounds. Running Branch Marina at Lake Limestone is an official TP&W weigh station, but I think the scale only goes up to 99 pounds. Normally, that would suffice. But "The Giant" ain't anywhere normal, as I have estimated this YellowCat to come in at around 115 pounds. If nobody has broken the record in Texas, it used to be 113# or so from Lake Livingston. The largest from Limestone was 107#. But after my encounter on Cinco de Mayo (May 5th) last year (2018), I had to re-evaluate my estimate on its weight, so it might get up to 150 pounds. It literally snapped my size 36 braided leader line. I thought I had bought solid braided, but it revealed it had a core instead.That's why it would be much safer to get a certified 200 pound scale instead of the 150# scale. I will only know once I get this monster up into the boat & get back to Running Branch to weigh it officially. I will be very disappointed if IT weighs under my original estimate of 115#. An 80 or 82 pounder was caught nearby back around 2006 or so. And this past year, Nancy at RB shared about another monster in early 2002 just before we started fishing there in July during the Independence day holiday.

It seems that somebody recently broke that old ChannelCat record finally. I wondered when that would finally happen.

Here ya go ...

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- APRIL 2019
XX / 1 YC | 2 YC | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP | 5 ZIP | 6 ZIP
7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 YC | 11 YC | 12 YC | 13 ZIP
14 ZIP | 15 BC | 16 BFT | 17 BC | 18 BC | 19 YC | 20 YC
21 BC | 22 BC | 23 BC | 24 BC | 25 BC | 26 BFT | 27 BFT
28 YC | 29 YC | 30 YC

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- April 2019 Moon Phases---
5th- New Moon
12th- 1st Qtr
19th- Full Moon
26th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- April 2019 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
1/2 Mon/Tues
10/11/12 Wed/Thurs/Fri
20/21 Sat/Sun
29/30 Mon/Tues

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days, 8 days this month (April 2019), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 15/17/18 (Mon/Wed/Thurs)
4th Week- 21/22/23/24/25 Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs)
5th Week- NONE

Get those notebooks, pocket planners, or smartphone reminders ready to jot this down ...

Looking ahead into May, here is the first PYC grouping---
7/8/9 (Tues/Wed/Thurs)

And earliest BC days in May---
12/13 (Sun/Mon)

Here is the official 2019 KEY once again.

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2019 KEY:
+++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC or PYC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCats Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.

Well, Have a Great One!!!
Be Careful, Be Safe & Enjoy!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13140360 05/01/19 09:00 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Definitely our millipede crop is back this year. It's a shame they can't be used for bait.

I should make a note I should be posting here in the next week on my preparation for "The Giant" in the thread- <Catfish Tails/Tales>.

Without further comments (so I don't doze off, even though it happened anyway), Here ya go (after a 4+ hour keyboard siesta) ...

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MAY 2019
XX / XX | 1 ZIP | 2 ZIP | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP
5 ZIP | 6 ZIP | 7 ZIP | 8 YC | 9 YC | 10 ZIP | 11 ZIP
12 BC | 13 BC | 14 ZIP | 15 BC | 16 YC | 17 YC | 18 BC
19 BC | 20 BC | 21 BFT | 22 BC | 23 BFT | 24 BFT | 25 BFT
26 YC | 27 YC | 28 ZIP | 29 ZIP | 30 ZIP | 31 BC
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- May 2019 Moon Phases---
4th- New Moon
11th- 1st Qtr
18th- Full Moon
26th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- May 2019 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
7/8/9 Tues/Wed/Thurs
17/18 Fri/Sat
26/27 Sun/Mon

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days, days this month (May 2019), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 12/13/15/18 Sun/Mon/Wed/Sat
4th Week- 19/20/22 Sun/Mon/Wed
5th Week- 31 Fri

Looking ahead into June, here is the first PYC grouping---
4/5/6 Tues/Wed/Thurs

And earliest BC days in June---
8/9 Sat/Sun

For the official 2019 Calendar KEY, back up to April posting.
Or perhaps the second March, as I will have to doublecheck to see if I missed that error. If I did, I will correct it. Oh, I see it was in the header which I did not post into it.

Watch out for winds, tornadoes, rain, plus that shiny stuff (aka lightning)!
It seems we've been having it in too much abundance lately,
Be Safe!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13153877 05/14/19 03:06 PM
Jimbo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
bump

Just one more cast!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13154773 05/15/19 04:30 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I just shared this in another thread. For CC (ChannelCat) enthusiasts, I would like to see some feedback, regardless of positive, negative, or whatnot.

>>>>>
You might try for Channels on my BFT (Buffet) days on my Lynn's Catfish Calendar, as it seems I usually catch a mess of them on those days, even though my research was focused on the YellowCats & BlueCats roam-feed pattern. And mainly focused on natural baits. Gator Gars were found by accident.

The BFT days for May 2019 are 21/23/24/25 (Tues/Thurs/Fri/Sat).

If you do good, then you might try it again ...
Here is a preview into June 2019, as to BFT days:
4/5/13/17/18/21 (Tues/Wed/Thurs/Mon/Tues/Fri)

Let me know if it works for you on Channels, as most focus on Yellows & Gator Gars (they run the same as Yellows, but seem to have their switch turned on a few hours ahead), and also Blues. See the KEY for my 4 "sigs", brief tips, etc. Also, I also list what I refer to as my PYC (Lynn's Personal YellowCat) days which is not actually what the calendar focuses on, but seems to pick up on the YellowCat roam/feed pattern that lies hidden beneath the surface (underlying pattern of the Yellows), as well as Gator Gars.
<<<<<

Last year, I was hoping to do a family weekend at Lake Bryan, to test my theory on BFT days, but it got too hot & I had a heavy workload, so we backed out. It was the only 3 day BFT weekend of 2018 (Fri/Sat/Sun). Of course no trotlines or set lines allowed in that Lake, so I had 10 cane poles rigged up, plus 3 rod-n-reels so i would have had a Lucky 13 shot.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13155278 05/15/19 06:45 PM
H
hurricanecraig Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Thanks Catfish Lynn

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13155751 05/16/19 03:05 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Not a problem. Glad to assist.

Even though ChannelCats were not in my initial research, as well as WhiteCats & MudCats (the 3 types of Bullheads aka "pollies"), I have noticed I usually pick up more catches of Channels on the BFT (Buffet) days. So I figure its time to get some who fish for Channels, to assist in the investigation as to the possibility.

The Yellows, Gator Gars, and Blues seem to have a pattern (ingrained instinct) for some sort of "roam/feed" switch that is turned on. It seems that it is Nature's way of kicking them out of the house or comfort zone & go on a search for food.

Since it is a natural pattern, it goes to follow that this means they are to feed on natural baits. However, I must admit, to use something incentive, or inventive, or extraordinary, such as certain stinkbaits would probably increase their feeding & in turn, us to catching more volume.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13175052 06/03/19 10:06 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
If you have post oak trees, you too may have a millipede crop, like we do, they are everywhere. They run through the house, be it floor, walls, ceilings, you name it, by the hundreds & thousands. It seems to occur (an outbreak) of them in a very wet spring. About 2 years ago, eventually, they gave up the "Ghost" when June & July cooking temperatures came to end their rampage There are two chemicals (pesticides) out that will take care of them, but they are about $50 a pop. Also, Raid BedBug & Flea bombs take them out (until the next crop comes a 'runnin in'), as Millipedes is one item on its list. My granddaughter Chelsea saw a "click" beetle actually eating one. They emit a foul odor if stepped on, or tampered with. Obviously, nobody yet has admitted to trying them for bait.

As to my posting an update on the quest & preparation for "The Giant" in the thread- <Catfish Tails/Tales>, I have not had a breather to be able to stop & write even one sentence. My Geo Metro has new plates & inspection due at the end of May. Depending upon what is needed, along with the holiday of Memorial Day in the midst of that, I am seriously thinking of trying to get that changed. Last year (2018), I had to curtail my fishing for "The Giant" at the end of May 5th/6th weekend due to needing certain work done to pass inspection. This year, it encroached upon me early, and I decided I was not going to cut my fishing short, even if it meant getting a late start.

And even if it is as late as the Fall, then so be it. We finally got slammed at work, some jobs are huge, so I have started some of "The Giant" items needed list, in the midst of everything else. I hope to find a minute here & there to relay "whatnot" & such of the preparation.

Meanwhile, I am sure some are ready for the June calendar, so here goes ...

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JUNE 2019
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 ZIP
2 ZIP | 3 ZIP | 4 BFT | 5 BFT | 6 ZIP | 7 ZIP | 8 BC
9 BC | 10 ZIP | 11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 BFT | 14 YC | 15 BC
16 BC | 17 BFT | 18 BFT | 19 YC | 20 YC | 21 BFT | 22 YC
23 YC | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 ZIP | 27 BC | 28 BC | 29 ZIP
30 ZIP
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- June 2019 Moon Phases---
3rd- New Moon
10th- 1st Qtr
17th- Full Moon
25th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- June 2019 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
4/5/6 Tues/Wed/Thurs.
13/14 Thurs/Fri
22/23 Sat/Sun

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days, days this month (June 2019), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 8 (Sat)
3rd Week- 9/15 (Sun/Sat)
4th Week- 16 (Sun)
5th Week- 27/28 (Thurs/Fri)
6th Week- NONE

***Note for those that can go on weekends only, you have two weekends in a row of Sat/Sun BC days.

Looking ahead into July, here is the first PYC grouping---
1/2/3 (Mon/Tues/Wed)

And earliest BC days in July---
Another Sat/Sun BC weekend- 6/7

Here's the KEY again ...

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2019 KEY:
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack em up on BC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCats Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.

Be Safe!
Stay hydrated!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2019 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13200624 06/30/19 10:44 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] July 2019:

Not much to report here, as I finally decided to shift my Spring plans to the Fall, as to going after "The Giant". Several reasons contributed to that alterration. I would have preferred to do it in the Spring or say around April into May, especially since we did the tango last Cinco de Mayo. However, the Metro plates (sticker) expires at the end of May. And last year, it caused me to stop fishing early, as to getting some front end repairs done, in order to get inspection & sticker. I decided that I was too far behind in getting everything ready, and it would have cut me short, even if I somehow managed to even get one shot to go. I have gotten my plate for the trailer for the 12 foot boat, but the trailer still sits in the 2 boxes unassembled. Instead of two tires showing wear bars & having to get replaced, I had to get a third one, as I had a bad wheel bearing causing problems (irregular wear). The Metro hatchback has 12 inch rims, using 12 inch tires. Yes, that means you have to order 12 inch tires in from a rare few that still manufacture them. I figured it was about time for brakes too. Not to mention I still had not pulled my old trailer hitch off of the parked '89 Camry.

And the latest blow was healthwise, getting hit with a spike in High Blood Pressure, as well as shortness of breath, so I am trying to get that back in check. The past month has, as to being simply put, just trying to survive.

I did manage to get two electronic hanging scales- one is a 660# & the other is a 110#. I have not pursued getting either certified yet, or possibly getting a 330# as well. Nor have I ordered some special items (gear).

Even with all that, I had two BlueCats appear Saturday morning in a tub. My son-in-law WEric had caught two down the road at the second river bridge (Navasota River), estimated at about 2 1/4 to 2.5# & the other about 4 to 4.5#. Two weeks ago, he had caught one that may have weighed in between 12 & 14 #s. As you know by now, my prime choice for eaters (if legal where you catch it), is 14 pound Blues. The top back straps produce a translucent, rainbow type "B" or "8" looking steaks if cut just right. The outer portion fries crisp, but the steak literally melts in your mouth (usually flakes open so tender), with ice cold ketchup, if fried correctly.

Anyway, we fried & ate over half of the 2 Blues for supper Saturday evening, along with some Ore-Ida crinkle cut fries (dipped in the remainder of Tony's Crispy Creole seasoning batter that was used on the Blues).

As for your July 4th & Holiday plans, I suggest if you are going for the 4 day weekend, to tend more to the family & fun for Thursday & Friday, then hit it hard as to BlueCats for Saturday & Sunday.

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JULY 2019
XX / 1 BFT | 2 BFT | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP | 5 ZIP | 6 BC
7 BC | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 BFT | 11 BFT | 12 ZIP | 13 BC
14 BFT | 15 BFT | 16 BFT | 17 YC | 18 YC | 19 YC | 20 YC
21 YC | 22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 BC | 25 BC | 26 BC | 27 ZIP
28 ZIP | 29 BFT | 30 BFT | 31 ZIP

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- July 2019 Moon Phases---
2nd- New Moon
9th- 1st Qtr
16th- Full Moon
24th- Last Qtr
31st- New Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- July 2019 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
1/2/3 Mon/Tues/Wed
10/11 Wed/Thurs
19/20 Fri/Sat
28/29/30 Sun/Mon/Tues

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days, days this month (July 2019), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 6 (Sat)
2nd Week- 7/13 (Sun/Sat)
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 24/25/26 (Wed/Thurs/Fri)
5th Week- NONE

***Note for those that can go on weekends only, you have only one weekend Sat/Sun BC days- 6th & 7th. But the next weekend (13/14) is a BC/BFT mix, so you still might fare well.

Looking ahead into August, here is the first PYC grouping---
6/7 (Tues/Wed)

And earliest BC days in August---
3 (Sat) & 11 (Sun)

As for the KEY, back up to June ...

Most important- Be Safe, Be Kind, Stay Hydrated!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide