Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: Freecobasser] #13013661 01/02/19 01:21 AM
C
Capt. Bryan Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Probably one of the most versatile baits ever made. Rippling the surface to deep water and fairly weedless. I know they catch fish but they get put aside quite often when fishing. Muddy water I like white and chart with white or white and chart blades colorado. Next would be a gold and copper colored colorado blade. clear water I like silver and white skirt with willow blades in silver.

Skeeter FXR 21
Yamaha
Humminbird/Garmin
Lews
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: rj74955] #13014256 01/02/19 12:05 PM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by rj74955
Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES
I don't even think about spinner baits when I go fishing. They are right below crickets on my favorite baits to use. Square Bills, swim baits, T-rigs, C-rigs and wacky rigs are my choice for water 10' and under.

You are seriously missing out sir. They have probably caught more fish year-round than any other bait besides a t-rig worm. Clear water, dirty water, any temp, any depth, they flat out catch fish

Most definitely so true!

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: rj74955] #13014289 01/02/19 01:12 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I don't even think about spinner baits when I go fishing. They are right below crickets on my favorite baits to use. Square Bills, swim baits, T-rigs, C-rigs and wacky rigs are my choice for water 10' and under.

You are seriously missing out sir. They have probably caught more fish year-round than any other bait besides a t-rig worm. Clear water, dirty water, any temp, any depth, they flat out catch fish

I don't doubt that one bit but I fish with baits I have confidence in. If you don't have confidence in a bait you're not going to fish it right or often. I've said this before and I really believe it, those Lake Fork bass can not only tell you the brand of spinner bait you're throwing but where you bought it and how much you paid for it.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: Donald Harper] #13014395 01/02/19 02:49 PM
Fishingking Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Donald Harper
60 years of throwing blades and still doing it. Combinations are important to me for the lake conditions and weather conditions. It is a lot of difference in store bought baits and custom built baits. I want each bait to give the Big Bass what she wants: sight, sound, vibration, and scent. It must be as real as possible to sew up the deal. I always start with my confidence bait, which is a hit off of the Hank Parker Classic. It has a light wire 3/8 oz., with Hammered 3.5 Copper Willow #4 Gold Colo. blades. The skirt is heavily Minnow Scented Living Rubber in Chart./Black Stripe - White/Chart. Stripe - Blue/Black Stripe. Then I move to the lake and weather conditions. A big blade is used in extreme muddy water conditions. Here are my best 7 for those conditions. All wires are .035 with Silver Diamond Dusted Heads. All baits run with the Stanley type Pro Trailer to compliment the skirt colors.

- Tournaments Spinner Bait as mentioned above. Thrown around heavy cover. It is my confidence bait and is first to be thrown on each lake. White/Flake Stanley Pro Trailer

- Halloween Spinner Bait: I only use it during extreme inclement weather like storms, sleet, snow, thunder and lighting. It has a single Orange Diamond Dusted #6 Ind. Blade. Skirt Minnow Scented in Orange/Black Stripe - Brown/Black Stripe - Black/Silver Stripe. Areas are specific and takes lots of time on the water to find the best Inside Bends in the back of the creeks with the right heavy cover for Big Fish to group up on during bad weather conditions. Tomato/Blue Flake Pro Trailer

- Sunny Days with Stained Water: #4 Hammered Willow Silver - #3 Chart. Willow Diamond Dusted 1/2 oz. . Skirt in Living Rubber with heavy Minnow Scent. Chart./Lime/White - White/Black Stripe - few Orange strands. White/Flake Pro Trailer

- Cloudy Days Stained Water: 1/2 oz #4 Hammered Bronze Willow - #4 Colo. Hammered Silver Deep Cup. Skirt in Living Rubber Heavy Minnow. Orange/Black Stripe - White/ Chart. Stripe - Purple/Black Stripe. Purple/Flake Pro Trailer

- Sunny Days with Clear Water: 3/8 oz. #3.5 Silver Willow - #3 Gold Willow. Skirt in Living Rubber Heavy Minnow. White/Chart. Stripe - Purple - Chart/Lime/White. White/Gold Flake Pro Trailer.

- Cloudy Days Clear Water: 3/8 oz. #3.5 Gold Willow - #4 Silver Deep Cup. Skirt in Living Rubber Minnow Scented. Chart./Black Stripe - White/Chart. Stripe - White/Blue Stripe. White/Flake Pro Trailer

- Muddy Water Bait - 1/2 oz. #6 Deep Cup Gold Blade. Light wire .035 in short arm 30 degree bend. Skirt Living Rubber Minnow Scented. Orange/Black Stripe - White/Silver Stripe - Blue/Black Stripe. Stanley Black/Red Flake Pro Trailer.

PM Sent

Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: Freecobasser] #13014446 01/02/19 03:17 PM
reeltexan Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity

I throw mostly single spin 1/4 to 3/8 oz. models.
Colorado or willow blades in gold or copper.
Skirts in white, white and chartreuse or solid black, on the rare occasion - pumpkin / orange.

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #13014765 01/02/19 06:28 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I don't doubt that one bit but I fish with baits I have confidence in. If you don't have confidence in a bait you're not going to fish it right or often. I've said this before and I really believe it, those Lake Fork bass can not only tell you the brand of spinner bait you're throwing but where you bought it and how much you paid for it.

I know what you're saying, and I'm the same way with some baits, but there are days that SCREAM spinnerbait, no matter what lake you are on. A lot of days it will outfish any other bait out there, hands down. There are a lot of crappy spinnerbaits out there! But a good one is worth its weight in gold.

Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: rj74955] #13014778 01/02/19 06:34 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

I know what you're saying, and I'm the same way with some baits, but there are days that SCREAM spinnerbait, no matter what lake you are on. A lot of days it will outfish any other bait out there, hands down. There are a lot of crappy spinnerbaits out there! But a good one is worth its weight in gold.

Alright alright, come spring I'll try it one more time but I'm not getting giggly over the idea.
yawn

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: Freecobasser] #13014825 01/02/19 07:01 PM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
GIG'EM.....a little word of advice. All you need is one brand of SB.

War Eagle Screamin' Eagle 1/2oz (they have 1/4oz size blades)
-Hot Blue Herring
-Hot Mouse
-Hot White Chart

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: Freecobasser] #13014840 01/02/19 07:08 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Dang you Tom.

Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: Okie Poke] #13014847 01/02/19 07:16 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Okie Poke
GIG'EM.....a little word of advice. All you need is one brand of SB.

War Eagle Screamin' Eagle 1/2oz (they have 1/4oz size blades)
-Hot Blue Herring
-Hot Mouse
-Hot White Chart

I can only afford one Tom, pick it. And remember, I'll probably only throw it 8-10 times so it better work. thumb

Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: Okie Poke] #13014905 01/02/19 07:48 PM
H
hadite81 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I have found some of the spinners you mention, and am new to this great hobby (for me) what blade configuration do you recommend?
I see will/will will/col col/Indiana
I fish Mostly Medina lake and surrounding area.
Thanks...

Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: Freecobasser] #13015090 01/02/19 10:10 PM
B
Bassin16 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
GIG'EM...you stated your problem with SBs and you are not aware of it. You got to get you some "giggle"
grin[b][/b]

Re: Spinner Bait Blades [Re: Freecobasser] #13015278 01/03/19 12:40 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
I like War Eagle and Booyah spinner baits. In the Booyah baits I mostly use have tandem willow blades, 1st one silver followed by a 2nd gold blade. Skirt colors, white, chartruce/white and black. I do have one that is white and yellow that sometimes will out fish the chartruce/white one. One I throw in the spring is a Booyah that I put a chartruce/orange skirt on it and it works well also. I do have some that have a small colorado blade followed by a willow and I choose those if the water is a little dirty.

I have better luck with spinner baits than I do with chatter baits, unless you count all the stumps I seem to catch with the chatter bait.

Last edited by ezbassin; 01/03/19 12:41 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide