Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Lake Welsh boat ramp question [Re: Kay Dyson] #13006788 12/27/18 12:18 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by RedSkeeter
Originally Posted by RedRanger
I liked the old ramp much better, it kept a lot of people off the lake

A large group of TFF members redesigned and cleaned up the ramp entrance about 15 years ago

Hey Jack,
He's right, castaway club did a lot of work and the power plant if you believe that.
Build it, and they will come, the scary part with Welsh is the floaters, big rains,and current move stuff around

Mornin Billy.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lake Welsh boat ramp question [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #13007046 12/27/18 04:20 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES

A large group of TFF members redesigned and cleaned up the ramp entrance about 15 years ago

Hey Jack,
He's right, castaway club did a lot of work and the power plant if you believe that.
Build it, and they will come, the scary part with Welsh is the floaters, big rains,and current move stuff around

Mornin Billy.

Morning, came close boys, look down that blk hole... It wasn't my time yet I guess. I'll be on the Welsh in no time thumb

Re: Lake Welsh boat ramp question [Re: Kay Dyson] #13007050 12/27/18 04:22 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable

Hey Jack,

Mornin Billy.

Morning, came close boys, look down that blk hole... It wasn't my time yet I guess. I'll be on the Welsh in no time thumb

Send me a PM or a text when you head out there

Re: Lake Welsh boat ramp question [Re: JRW341513] #13007113 12/27/18 05:42 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Will definitely do Jack, that would be fun cheers I got behind Bill Ocker one day and can run North on pad now, saves a lot of idling.

Re: Lake Welsh boat ramp question [Re: Kay Dyson] #13007129 12/27/18 05:59 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Will definitely do Jack, that would be fun cheers I got behind Bill Ocker one day and can run North on pad now, saves a lot of idling.

I got over a school of them Monday, pushed the stop lock button and got 18 of'em on a drop shot before they run off.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: Lake Welsh boat ramp question [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #13007143 12/27/18 06:18 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F

I got over a school of them Monday, pushed the stop lock button and got 18 of'em on a drop shot before they run off.

That would be a dream come true for me!!

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Lake Welsh boat ramp question [Re: Frank the Tank] #13007150 12/27/18 06:30 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

That would be a dream come true for me!!

I think I coulda found them again but it was time to go. That new Garmin is the cats meow. I tried catching them around grass but no luck. I'm not that good I just got lucky and stumbled up on them but I bet I go back to that spot again. thumb

Re: Lake Welsh boat ramp question [Re: JRW341513] #13007258 12/27/18 09:00 PM
361V Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Good job Allan Bass Fisherman. Thanks for removing a possible bad day for someone. Been fishing Welsh for over 40 years. Back when the ramp was literally the old county road running into the lake. The big floaters that people often speak of are the huge trees just up past the cooling towers (& rock pile) where the lake narrows back down all the way until the points narrow down the lake again before it opens up in front of the dam. In this little stretch of lake there are HUGE trees floating stump up out here. I have heard all the stories of them being cut when the lake was being cleared, how they move around because of the strong current in this area from the power plant, how the tops are stuck but the trunk at the surface swings around..... I dont know but I know they have always been here and I run Welsh often but this I do know: the trees are huge, they are in deeper water and only the wide bottom of the tree trunk is sticking at or slightly above the surface. These are not the normal floaters like those completely floating along the surface like ABF is towing in the picture above. There is not that many of them. They are generally closer to the opposite bank across from the plant and the tree tops are stuck on the bottom. These are solid and no one is going to tow them without a tugboat. On calm days you can see them on the surface. Choppy water? If you know where they are no problem but if not proceed at your own risk. I stay to the right of center(power plant side) when heading towards the dam in these narrower areas or drop off plane and idle. If uncertain its not that big of a lake anyway. They are big and will ruin your day(& boat).

Last edited by 361V; 12/27/18 09:14 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide