Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,938
Posts13,955,886
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Nov 2018 Florida New Smyrna Daytona Beach Mosquito Lagoon #12979342 11/29/18 03:07 PM
C
CaptMichaelSavedow Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
We have had our first cool fronts of the season lowering the water temperatures to the low 70’s, north winds play a big part in the water temps dropping early in the season as cooler water from further north is pushed down Florida's coast. Fishing patterns change as the water gets colder, less baitfish in the water as most goes south for the winter, local Lagoon game fish begin to school up, including Redfish, Trout and Black Drum, some of these schools we find in shallow water on sunny days as the skinny water warms a little, others are bunched up in holes and off the edge of drop offs and channels. Winter fish Sheepshead and Bluefish become more numerous as the water gets colder giving us some different fish to catch in the cool months. The subtropical inshore game fish Tarpon, Jack Crevalle and Ladyfish have mostly already moved south, still catching a few but noticeably less the last couple weeks, when we have had big schools of Jacks about 5 lbs surface striking with white water crashes on baitfish making for great sight fishing cast lures or bait and instant hook ups. A few large Redfish make their way in to Lagoon Backcountry after spawning at the inlet near the ocean in the fall, Brian from California caught one with me last week at 38” a great battle on my fun light tackle used in the back waters……………..

[Linked Image]

Repeat clients Pam and Candy from Indiana were out again on a variety mixed bag trip, catching Mangrove Snapper, Pompano, and more, Candy with a nice Spotted Seatrout……………

[Linked Image]

………..and Pam with a good size hard fighting Jack Crevalle…………………

[Linked Image]

New clients from Georgia had a great time on a trip recently catching several Black Drum, Pompano and others, mom Leah with a nice Drum……………..

[Linked Image]

Shawn from Orlando had fun with some of those 5 lb. Jack Cevalle which are great drag pullers on light spinning tackle………………..

[Linked Image]

Tony from Iowa also caught good Jacks on artificial lures along with the other usual backcountry mixed bag variety species we catch on most every trip here………………..

[Linked Image]

Fun Friendly Light Tackle Fishing Adventures
Closest Saltwater Fishing to Orlando at New Smyrna Beach
Calm Water Indian River Backcountry
CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES

[Linked Image]

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com/orlando-fishing-guide

Capt. Michael Savedow
Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com/orlando-fishing-guide

Re: Nov 2018 Florida New Smyrna Daytona Beach Mosquito Lagoon [Re: CaptMichaelSavedow] #12980863 11/30/18 04:25 PM
G
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Nice post and fish. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Nov 2018 Florida New Smyrna Daytona Beach Mosquito Lagoon [Re: Gitter Done] #12981358 12/01/18 11:23 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Nice post and fish. Thanks for sharing.

Plus #1.
thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide