Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12966302 11/15/18 04:57 AM
fosterfence Offline
Angler
Angler
I’ll take the last business guest opportunity.

Also, I think all negative comments to the OP, not topic, should post career earnings in fishing trails lol

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: Floyd Yarbrough] #12966684 11/15/18 06:05 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Originally Posted By: Floyd Yarbrough
Please indulge my thoughts while I weigh in on this Honey Hole TV situation.

Honey Hole TV was originally my idea back in 1986. As a young television producer (and with a passion for bass fishing) I approached Jerry and Debra Dean that summer with the original concept. No re-runs, no show over 2 weeks old when aired and 52 new episodes per year. My wife and I formed a partnership with Jerry and Deb for the original Honey Hole TV Magazine show. Our on air guests each week would be the HH magazine lake reporters, industry professionals, lake guides and anyone else we thought would be interesting for our viewers. During those first 4 years, we added Honey Hole Teleproductions, Honey Hole Radio and acquired the Fliptail lure company. I was the cameraman, editor, producer, radio host and the voice "talent" (and I use that word in jest) for the first 204 episodes. I have wonderful memories of those years and of the hard work, love and laughter that myself, my wife, Jerry and Deb shared those early years. I probably should write a memoir of those early years but I am probably the only person who would find it interesting.

During those early years, it was always a struggle to sell advertising and sponsorships. And this was during an era when Texas bass fishing was exploding! We were fortunate that we had a TV show, magazine and radio show to offer as a complete ad package to sponsors. This was years before the internet and youtube. Even with the ability to promote a sponsor in 3 different advertising mediums, we still all worked very hard to be successful. We didn't get rich although we certainly wanted to!

I honestly don't have the time to watch very much TV fishing these days but I applaud what everyone involved has done keeping my little TV show going after Jerry retired from it and it makes me very proud to know that something I started with my wife and Jerry and Deb, has continued to be on the air since November 1986. A lot of television shows can't say that.

Although I have never met Mark Jones, I have known Bill Wilcox for over 35 years and Bill is one of the hardest working guys I know. He also takes great pride in anything he does, whether it be fishing or not. I think Bill has been a perfect host to take over the torch these past several years for HHTV. The show is better in so many ways than it ever was (thanks to digital technology and better cameras, editing software, etc.) and Dirk is a great producer. And I think Jerry Dean would agree. And all of you who have watched the show since inception, I thank you for being such loyal viewers.

The media game has changed drastically since 1986. I salute Mr. Jones and his efforts to keep HHTV on the airways, anyway he can. It isn't easy being create in any media venue and I only wish him, Bill and Dirk nothing but the best in their endeavors.

My apologies for the long read. This post reflects my thoughts only and in no way should it be viewed as insulting to anyone who thinks differently than I.

Peace.

Thank you..
Was a big fan from the first show, great insight and vision to what we wanted to watch.
Fishing was a lot more fun back then IMHO....

Mark,
I would pay to watch Mark Perry and Bill do a Drop Shot show AGIAN....... roflmao

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: Kay Dyson] #12966713 11/15/18 06:28 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
Originally Posted By: Floyd Yarbrough
Please indulge my thoughts while I weigh in on this Honey Hole TV situation.

Honey Hole TV was originally my idea back in 1986. As a young television producer (and with a passion for bass fishing) I approached Jerry and Debra Dean that summer with the original concept. No re-runs, no show over 2 weeks old when aired and 52 new episodes per year. My wife and I formed a partnership with Jerry and Deb for the original Honey Hole TV Magazine show. Our on air guests each week would be the HH magazine lake reporters, industry professionals, lake guides and anyone else we thought would be interesting for our viewers. During those first 4 years, we added Honey Hole Teleproductions, Honey Hole Radio and acquired the Fliptail lure company. I was the cameraman, editor, producer, radio host and the voice "talent" (and I use that word in jest) for the first 204 episodes. I have wonderful memories of those years and of the hard work, love and laughter that myself, my wife, Jerry and Deb shared those early years. I probably should write a memoir of those early years but I am probably the only person who would find it interesting.

During those early years, it was always a struggle to sell advertising and sponsorships. And this was during an era when Texas bass fishing was exploding! We were fortunate that we had a TV show, magazine and radio show to offer as a complete ad package to sponsors. This was years before the internet and youtube. Even with the ability to promote a sponsor in 3 different advertising mediums, we still all worked very hard to be successful. We didn't get rich although we certainly wanted to!

I honestly don't have the time to watch very much TV fishing these days but I applaud what everyone involved has done keeping my little TV show going after Jerry retired from it and it makes me very proud to know that something I started with my wife and Jerry and Deb, has continued to be on the air since November 1986. A lot of television shows can't say that.

Although I have never met Mark Jones, I have known Bill Wilcox for over 35 years and Bill is one of the hardest working guys I know. He also takes great pride in anything he does, whether it be fishing or not. I think Bill has been a perfect host to take over the torch these past several years for HHTV. The show is better in so many ways than it ever was (thanks to digital technology and better cameras, editing software, etc.) and Dirk is a great producer. And I think Jerry Dean would agree. And all of you who have watched the show since inception, I thank you for being such loyal viewers.

The media game has changed drastically since 1986. I salute Mr. Jones and his efforts to keep HHTV on the airways, anyway he can. It isn't easy being create in any media venue and I only wish him, Bill and Dirk nothing but the best in their endeavors.

My apologies for the long read. This post reflects my thoughts only and in no way should it be viewed as insulting to anyone who thinks differently than I.

Peace.

Thank you..
Was a big fan from the first show, great insight and vision to what we wanted to watch.
Fishing was a lot more fun back then IMHO....

Mark,
I would pay to watch Mark Perry and Bill do a Drop Shot show AGIAN....... roflmao

Funny story about that. Bill had wanted to get together to do a frog fishing show for a while. We settled on Monticello. Feeling confidant I really only brought a couple of frog rods and pitching rods to the show. Turns out it was a drop shot deal and a deep cranking deal....lol
I loved the part where he is picking on me about having to fish deep and I catch a 6lber on the drop shot right on cue....lol...we had a fun day. Best 5 on camera that day broke 25lbs a nbn d was pushing 28-30lbs....fun times. I got to do 5-6 shows with them over the years. Always a blast.

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12966748 11/15/18 06:57 PM
T
tricky Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Do any of you older Honey Hole guys remember a man named Leonard Ranne?

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: tricky] #12966767 11/15/18 07:09 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Originally Posted By: tricky
Do any of you older Honey Hole guys remember a man named Leonard Ranne?

No, I don't, but please tell..

Replying to the post above..
Mark, I was laughing that whole show,
I know 5 foot is deep water for you.
You're a never drop shoter, or was, that's what was cracking me up.
And to top it off, you guys were smoking quality fish.
Really enjoyed that, in fact I enjoyed all the shows you did with Bill.
thumb

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12966824 11/15/18 08:00 PM
T
tricky Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Leonard is an uncle of mine, he is in the Fresh Water Hall of Fame. He used to talk about the old days with Dean. He also founded TBBU if you remember that. Had a lot to do with getting the Athens Center going. He isn't doing very well and sadly don't think he will be around much longer.

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: tricky] #12966833 11/15/18 08:06 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Leonard is an uncle of mine, he is in the Fresh Water Hall of Fame. He used to talk about the old days with Dean. He also founded TBBU if you remember that. Had a lot to do with getting the Athens Center going. He isn't doing very well and sadly don't think he will be around much longer.

Dang Savage. And I was going to joke with you about being so old, glad I didn't. Hate to hear that about your uncle bud. He sounds like a great guy and even better fisherman.

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12966849 11/15/18 08:16 PM
T
tricky Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T

Who you calling old, Chris?

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12966857 11/15/18 08:22 PM
T
tricky Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Sorry didn't mean to be hijacking the thread

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: DJB] #12966872 11/15/18 08:34 PM
J
Jobie99 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: DJB
Mr Jones, public relations is not your strong point. JMO.But good luck to you and Honey Hole. Would love to see it back.

I disagree, any publicity is good publicity. I guarentee Holey Hole has picked up a few customers based on how long this thread has been going. As for Bill, he is a 1st class guy. Bill was the first person to rent my house from me after we remodeled it a few years ago. I had a problem installing a faucet so my wife was still cleaning as I was still installing a faucet when he arrived. Bill grabbed a broom and started chatting with my wife while he helped her seeep the floor. My brother arranged Bill’s stay so I had never spoken to him prior to his arrival.

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: tricky] #12966876 11/15/18 08:40 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop

Who you calling old, Chris?

You need to stop Steve! I never knew you took Burt Reynolds fishing! roflmao

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: Jobie99] #12967002 11/15/18 11:22 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Jobie99
Originally Posted By: DJB
Mr Jones, public relations is not your strong point. JMO.But good luck to you and Honey Hole. Would love to see it back.

I disagree, any publicity is good publicity. I guarentee Holey Hole has picked up a few customers based on how long this thread has been goong.

True story

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: Rangerkev] #12967122 11/16/18 02:02 AM
F
Fast Lane Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: Rangerkev
Lmao @ Fastlane. You just dont get it. But after your last worthless comment we get you. It's nothing but plain jealousy. When I fished with Bill I wasn't a hammer on any lake. There are quite a few thatfish with him that are not hammers. And Bill fishes some lakes by himself. But once again you will have a negative comment. Like I said you showed your true self in your last post. People pay $1000.00 for a cell phone. Then pay $200.00 a month for service. But complain about paying $19.99 for 18 shows. Wow. That's pretty sad. And if you dont truly care what I say. Do not reply. I'm done. I can only handle so much jealousy and stupid comments

Yea when he comes to Palestine or Tyler he takes Kevin Hatcher. When he fishes the lakes by himself he goes back to the same spots. Seen it over and over. But if Bill is your hero that's okay with me...you're just ignorant.

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: Fast Lane] #12967203 11/16/18 03:28 AM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Fast Lane
Originally Posted By: Rangerkev
Lmao @ Fastlane. You just dont get it. But after your last worthless comment we get you. It's nothing but plain jealousy. When I fished with Bill I wasn't a hammer on any lake. There are quite a few thatfish with him that are not hammers. And Bill fishes some lakes by himself. But once again you will have a negative comment. Like I said you showed your true self in your last post. People pay $1000.00 for a cell phone. Then pay $200.00 a month for service. But complain about paying $19.99 for 18 shows. Wow. That's pretty sad. And if you dont truly care what I say. Do not reply. I'm done. I can only handle so much jealousy and stupid comments

Yea when he comes to Palestine or Tyler he takes Kevin Hatcher. When he fishes the lakes by himself he goes back to the same spots. Seen it over and over. But if Bill is your hero that's okay with me...you're just ignorant.
Can we have a “Code Red” on a forum?

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12967229 11/16/18 03:44 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Mark thanks for giving people an opportunity to do something they think is fun with the money they have earned.

I wish I had the extra change, I would have grabbed one of those spots up!

#MFGA
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide