texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
JDavis7873ฎ 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,755
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: buda13] #12963577 11/12/18 08:58 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: buda13
Only 1 individual and 1 business spot still available... must be doing something right! flehan

banana

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12963626 11/12/18 09:41 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
It's really simple; either you enjoy the show and you are willing to pay for it or you're not willing to pay for it. Constructive feedback is one thing, crying and complaining because you have to pay a little money is ridiculous. Obviously the show has to make money, common sense. Maybe those complaining could fund it since they know it all then the rest could watch it for free.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12963641 11/12/18 09:55 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
popcorn popcorn popcorn

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: C130] #12963712 11/12/18 11:14 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: C130
It's really simple; either you enjoy the show and you are willing to pay for it or you're not willing to pay for it. Constructive feedback is one thing, crying and complaining because you have to pay a little money is ridiculous. Obviously the show has to make money, common sense. Maybe those complaining could fund it since they know it all then the rest could watch it for free.

I think that everyone understands it is a business and is done to make a profit. Today most people are used to TV shows that use sponsors to make their money and available on TV free to the viewer. As a businessman, I would appreciate hearing the feedback positive or negative because I would weigh that information on how to proceed in a business venture and make even more money getting more viewers. Maybe the model is the correct one or maybe it need to be adjusted. The only way to know is to hear what the potential audience has to say. Sometimes an owner needs to understand that there is a time to keep their mouths shut and not alienate potential customers. It is the price of doing business, dropping the ego and letting some comments go. Nothing good ever comes out of arguing or giving smarta** answers to someone, especially in an electronic forum where it will be there for people to see for years and years.

I enjoyed watching HH on TV but frankly, am just too lazy to remember to go search it on VOD when I just replaced it with another fishing show on my record list. I was glad to see it coming back on air and hopefully they'll figure out the advertising to keep it going.

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: Rangerkev] #12963835 11/13/18 01:22 AM
F
Fast Lane Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: Rangerkev
Fastlane I will say what Mark wont and most of us feel. We really dont care what you have to say. You've pretty much shown what type of person you are with your worthless comments. Go back to your sad and lonely life. And best of luck in your pro fishing career. Oh one more thing. Bill doesnt prefish any of the lakes he films on. I challenge you to match his weekly catches with no prefishing.

Sounds like you're a honey hole super fan to me. I don't care what you think or care if your nice or not. What I said was the truth. Most of the time "Bill" comes to lakes around here he takes one of the local tournament anglers that he has befriended along. No need to prefish when you have a local hammer in the boat with you...

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12963915 11/13/18 02:36 AM
F
Floyd Yarbrough Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Please indulge my thoughts while I weigh in on this Honey Hole TV situation.

Honey Hole TV was originally my idea back in 1986. As a young television producer (and with a passion for bass fishing) I approached Jerry and Debra Dean that summer with the original concept. No re-runs, no show over 2 weeks old when aired and 52 new episodes per year. My wife and I formed a partnership with Jerry and Deb for the original Honey Hole TV Magazine show. Our on air guests each week would be the HH magazine lake reporters, industry professionals, lake guides and anyone else we thought would be interesting for our viewers. During those first 4 years, we added Honey Hole Teleproductions, Honey Hole Radio and acquired the Fliptail lure company. I was the cameraman, editor, producer, radio host and the voice "talent" (and I use that word in jest) for the first 204 episodes. I have wonderful memories of those years and of the hard work, love and laughter that myself, my wife, Jerry and Deb shared those early years. I probably should write a memoir of those early years but I am probably the only person who would find it interesting.

During those early years, it was always a struggle to sell advertising and sponsorships. And this was during an era when Texas bass fishing was exploding! We were fortunate that we had a TV show, magazine and radio show to offer as a complete ad package to sponsors. This was years before the internet and youtube. Even with the ability to promote a sponsor in 3 different advertising mediums, we still all worked very hard to be successful. We didn't get rich although we certainly wanted to!

I honestly don't have the time to watch very much TV fishing these days but I applaud what everyone involved has done keeping my little TV show going after Jerry retired from it and it makes me very proud to know that something I started with my wife and Jerry and Deb, has continued to be on the air since November 1986. A lot of television shows can't say that.

Although I have never met Mark Jones, I have known Bill Wilcox for over 35 years and Bill is one of the hardest working guys I know. He also takes great pride in anything he does, whether it be fishing or not. I think Bill has been a perfect host to take over the torch these past several years for HHTV. The show is better in so many ways than it ever was (thanks to digital technology and better cameras, editing software, etc.) and Dirk is a great producer. And I think Jerry Dean would agree. And all of you who have watched the show since inception, I thank you for being such loyal viewers.

The media game has changed drastically since 1986. I salute Mr. Jones and his efforts to keep HHTV on the airways, anyway he can. It isn't easy being create in any media venue and I only wish him, Bill and Dirk nothing but the best in their endeavors.

My apologies for the long read. This post reflects my thoughts only and in no way should it be viewed as insulting to anyone who thinks differently than I.

Peace.

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: Floyd Yarbrough] #12963919 11/13/18 02:42 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Floyd Yarbrough
Please indulge my thoughts while I weigh in on this Honey Hole TV situation.

Honey Hole TV was originally my idea back in 1986. As a young television producer (and with a passion for bass fishing) I approached Jerry and Debra Dean that summer with the original concept. No re-runs, no show over 2 weeks old when aired and 52 new episodes per year. My wife and I formed a partnership with Jerry and Deb for the original Honey Hole TV Magazine show. Our on air guests each week would be the HH magazine lake reporters, industry professionals, lake guides and anyone else we thought would be interesting for our viewers. During those first 4 years, we added Honey Hole Teleproductions, Honey Hole Radio and acquired the Fliptail lure company. I was the cameraman, editor, producer, radio host and the voice "talent" (and I use that word in jest) for the first 204 episodes. I have wonderful memories of those years and of the hard work, love and laughter that myself, my wife, Jerry and Deb shared those early years. I probably should write a memoir of those early years but I am probably the only person who would find it interesting.

During those early years, it was always a struggle to sell advertising and sponsorships. And this was during an era when Texas bass fishing was exploding! We were fortunate that we had a TV show, magazine and radio show to offer as a complete ad package to sponsors. This was years before the internet and youtube. Even with the ability to promote a sponsor in 3 different advertising mediums, we still all worked very hard to be successful. We didn't get rich although we certainly wanted to!

I honestly don't have the time to watch very much TV fishing these days but I applaud what everyone involved has done keeping my little TV show going after Jerry retired from it and it makes me very proud to know that something I started with my wife and Jerry and Deb, has continued to be on the air since November 1986. A lot of television shows can't say that.

Although I have never met Mark Jones, I have known Bill Wilcox for over 35 years and Bill is one of the hardest working guys I know. He also takes great pride in anything he does, whether it be fishing or not. I think Bill has been a perfect host to take over the torch these past several years for HHTV. The show is better in so many ways than it ever was (think to digital technology and better cameras, editing software, etc.) and Dirk is a great producer. And I think Jerry Dean would agree. And all of you who have watched the show since inception, I thank you for being such loyal viewers.

The media game has changed drastically since 1986. I salute Mr. Jones and his efforts to keep HHTV on the airways, anyway he can. It isn't easy being create in any media venue and I only wish him, Bill and Dirk nothing but the best in their endeavors.

My apologies for the long read. This post reflects my thoughts only and in no way should it be viewed as insulting to anyone who thinks differently than I.

Peace.

Simply awesome sir, glad to be a part of pushing forward on some level. Thank you.

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12964656 11/13/18 09:17 PM
D
Dan_n_Texas Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
From the Facebook page

If you'd like to be a guest on a Honey Hole TV show in 2019, we have the following options. We will have a total of ten (10) individual guest openings and three (3) business openings. Individual guest fees are $750 and business guest fees are $1500. *Businesses must not conflict with current Honey Hole TV sponsors.

All guest episodes will air on FOX Sports Southwest in Q3 and Q4 of 2019. Bill will work with the guest to coordinate the specific lake and dates for filming. All shows will be filmed in Q1-Q3 of 2019. Guests will also receive a full year of VOD All Access included in their purchase.

Click below to get all the details and to secure your spot. #honeyholetv

Last edited by Dan_n_Texas; 11/13/18 09:18 PM.

On average, your heart beats 100,000 times a day. One day, one of those heartbeats will be your last. Then what?

The answer is found in Jesus Christ who said "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12964756 11/13/18 11:33 PM
Rangerkev Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Lmao @ Fastlane. You just dont get it. But after your last worthless comment we get you. It's nothing but plain jealousy. When I fished with Bill I wasn't a hammer on any lake. There are quite a few thatfish with him that are not hammers. And Bill fishes some lakes by himself. But once again you will have a negative comment. Like I said you showed your true self in your last post. People pay $1000.00 for a cell phone. Then pay $200.00 a month for service. But complain about paying $19.99 for 18 shows. Wow. That's pretty sad. And if you dont truly care what I say. Do not reply. I'm done. I can only handle so much jealousy and stupid comments

Last edited by Rangerkev; 11/13/18 11:35 PM.

Rangerkev
Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12964779 11/14/18 12:10 AM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Mark, I really like Bill, awesome angler, but I believe this is a reach to far.. imo.
Best of luck in this endeavor...

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12964809 11/14/18 12:33 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
750 ISNT OUT OF LINE IF YOU WATCH WATCHED THE SHOW, I NEVER HEARD OF IT AND GOOGLED A EPISODE.

IF MY KID WAS YOUNGER ID PAY THE 750 TO SEND HIM WITHOUT ANY HESITATION.

IT WOULD BE A FUN EXPERIENCE FOR HIM, JUST LIKE THE 14K I SPENT FOR US TO GO TO THE SUPER BOWL,PATRIOTS/FALCONS GAME IN TEXAS.

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12964820 11/14/18 12:42 AM
L
LSM Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
I loved the original HH magazine and the old TV shows. I also enjoy watching the current shows with Bill and usually learn a little something. The magazines weren't free and the TV shows had sponsors. I am baffled at the comments on here and how askew the thought process behind the comments must be.

I think it boils down to a sense of entitlement because the videos were free, for a while, and now they are not.

$1.11 sounds like a good deal for the quality of the content.

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: LSM] #12964834 11/14/18 12:59 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: LSM
I loved the original HH magazine and the old TV shows. I also enjoy watching the current shows with Bill and usually learn a little something. The magazines weren't free and the TV shows had sponsors. I am baffled at the comments on here and how askew the thought process behind the comments must be.

I think it boils down to a sense of entitlement because the videos were free, for a while, and now they are not.

$1.11 sounds like a good deal for the quality of the content.
it’s s steal.

Of course, when these guys have a $800 boat payment for the next 20 years, and credit cards maxed out buying the latest graphs and stuff, a $1 for an episode is way outta line. Lol.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: lipjerk] #12964836 11/14/18 01:01 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Thanks for all the comments/feedback from everyone good or bad (except Fast Lane bang) we appreciate them regardless and believe it or not we talk through them and consider everything. The paid guest portion isn't a testing situation, we get a ton of show requests and so we created a product that works for us and for the guest anglers. The fact than none of the individual options are left speaks volumes, so there's no point in pontificating about whether or not there's interest or it's viable.

As for the VOD, we believe wholeheartedly that it's worth every single penny. There's no other place where over 150+ episodes of Texas fishing exists in a clean concise platform to consume the content on demand. Sure there's a million YouTube videos of content out there but not from someone with over 40 years of fishing Texas lakes breaking them down week after week in this format. If you find that for free let me know. We do all we can to make sure this is an educational show where anglers can learn from watching Bill. Simple deal.

We've done all we can to explain our decisions here since 2013 and provided more transparency than is really needed from a business in my opinion. If the show isn't for you, then it is what it is. We thank all our fans and I appreciate all the PM's etc I've received. We will continue to do what we can to keep this content alive in some format.

Looking forward to a big 2019. We will have the FOX schedule out as we get into 2019. We still have one business guest opportunity left if anyone is interested.

Thanks all,

Cheers cheers

Re: Be a guest on Honey Hole TV [Re: LSM] #12964837 11/14/18 01:01 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I have always liked HH, I don't know Bill but have never heard a negative word towards him. My cousin was on the cover of HH magazine back in the 80's, I am sitting here looking at the photo, about to go hang it in my restaurant, " put me on the wall at Shuck Me " lol, Anyway good luck to you Mark, I hope ya'll do well.

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide