Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
3N | Palestine & Tawakoni #12954892 11/04/18 01:04 PM
Three Nails Guide Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler

Well today was a different story from the last two days.

Today on Palestine was Neil and Todd teamed up together for a trip. Today was a little tuff and slow. Im going to say the east winds changed the game today. Palestine can be challenging in the east wind. Just like today the fish are hard to get to bite. And when they bite it is a very lite bite, if a bite at all, sometimes you would just pick up on jig and a fish was on it. Unlike yesterday they wanted to knock the rod out of your hand. But we stuck it out in the rain and end of the day with 31 slabs.

Reminder, If someone is wanting to go on a trip and cant find a partner let me know and I can help you. I can usually find you a partner to go with, that way you can split the trip and it doesnt cost you as much. 👍

If your looking to go on a fun fishing trip and want to eat the best tasting freshwater fish there is give me call. I can definitely help you out.🎣

Well we have been fighting with the full moon the last few trips. When we have a full moon fish are more Active and will feed at night more often. Which makes it harder to get bites in the day.

Friday was my good friends Troy and his wife Amy for their anniversary getaway trip on Lake Palestine. It still blows my mind that people want to spend their honeymoon with me. You talk about a blessing now and very humbling. Im not gonna lie It was a very tough bite. We traveled 3/4 of the 18 mile long lake just to get bites.

As a Guide I can honestly say I give it my 💯 percent every trip. But that doesnt mean were going to limit out every time. And as a guide thats hard to put behind me most of the time. But we had an awesome time at some great fellowship and thats what make a great fishing trip.

All I can say is Im glad Amy came alone. She contributed to most of the fish. With her pink pro angler rod that Troy painted for her. She was slinging crappie in the boat. If I could catch fish like that Ill paint all my rods pink. Lol

Ive met some amazing people God as sent me through Guiding and this couple are at top of the list. Truly blessed to have them as friends.

Saturday was Ron and his grandson on Lake Tawakoni. Tawakoni being 3+ foot high. We made a go for it anyway. These to love to fish and to get to do it together is just icing on the cake. Another tough bite from the moon. With some Picking on each other and some laughs we manage a nice mess of Crappie.

Thank you all for fishing with me.

Sunday on Palastine was Rob, Clint, and Casen. I have had a lot of kids on the boat with me. But I think Casen tops them on being only 4 years old and his knowledge of fishing and patients. He has got to be the youngest kid I have ever seen with such good patients. The way he would stand there and hold the rod all by his self as he waited on a bite was amazing. His grandpa said he would fish 24/7 if you would let him. He comes to the lake house every weekend with them.

He caught the first fish of the day to. Its was great seeing him and his grandpa fish together and making memories. I love seeing kids fish.

When I was cleaning fish Casen said Mark did you see my fishing shirt 😂 ? I said yes sir, I sure like that shirt. It was a blessing getting to meet this young man.

I ask you , If you have kids , grandkids, or know of any kids that dont get to fish please take them fishing and spend time with them.

Now days its hard to find good clean fun things to do, but I believe fishing is one of them. You never know taking a kid fishing could change there life.

Now that the lake is full again we have been fishing brush in 10 to 14 foot of water. Water temperature has come back up to 68 degrees.

Fish caught on Bonehead Tackle in Stump Bugs.

If your looking to catch some Crappie and an awesome fish fry please give me a call.

John 3:16

Mark Standridge
East Texas Crappie Guide
Fork Palestine
www.threenailsguide.com
www.facebook.com/threenailsguide
Re: 3N | Palestine & Tawakoni [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12954980 11/04/18 02:41 PM
CMS3 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Nice job Mark, good report and good times.

Re: 3N | Palestine & Tawakoni [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12955257 11/04/18 09:13 PM
P
Pot licker Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Good job 3N! thumb

Texas Elite Angler 🎣
https://www.jiglyf.com
Re: 3N | Palestine & Tawakoni [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12955404 11/05/18 12:47 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: 3N | Palestine & Tawakoni [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12957383 11/06/18 07:11 PM
P
pop r Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
P
thumb Nice work Mark!

Re: 3N | Palestine & Tawakoni [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12958625 11/08/18 12:21 AM
Three Nails Guide Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Thank you guys fish

Mark Standridge
East Texas Crappie Guide
Fork Palestine
www.threenailsguide.com
www.facebook.com/threenailsguide
Previous Thread
Index