Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,133
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12944765 10/24/18 11:46 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
[quote=shut-up-and-fish]
Installed a Garmin unit with LiveScope yesterday on Daniel Langston' boat and we went out today to put it through the paces. In short, all I can say is that in the two hours we spent on the water I do not want to fish on another boat without it. Wow!! what a game changer. It is like playing pool and calling your shot.
Here is a short video. The video is not the greatest and we plan on getting back on the water soon and make something better. We only hit 4-5 spots and I am sure if we ran the course we would have come across stuff that was choked full of Crappie.
I have 50 + LiveScope in stock/available and you can review the link below for a compatible unit/display to go with it.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/591379#devices

You will need to turn your head sideways to the right. Sorry for the poor video. We will get more coming in the near future. Enjoy!!!
[/quote

If I win the lottery I'm gonna get me a couple of those, in the meantime I'll make do with my Helix.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12944797 10/25/18 12:01 AM
D
DavisGuideService Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Any word on what Humminbird has to up their sleeve that will be live as well? We all know its coming just a matter of when.

Davis Guide Service
www.DavisGuide.com
817-983-8750
James Davis
Lake Whitney- Striper-white bass-Crappie
https://www.facebook.com/Davis-Guide-Service-159521764704170/
Mr.Crappie Pro Team
www.mrcrappie.com
Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: DavisGuideService] #12944818 10/25/18 12:21 AM
shut-up-and-fish Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: DavisGuideService
Any word on what Humminbird has to up their sleeve that will be live as well? We all know its coming just a matter of when.

Garmin has rocked the boat with LiveScope. Lowrance is coming out with a new line. Elite Ti2 and HDS Live, Active Imaging, and LiveSight. I do not yet have the details to share at this time. Humminbird is also coming out with a new line. Helix GN3 and Solix GN2 There line will be MDI for Mega down image as well as MSI for Mega side image and a DS. Hmmm I wonder what "DS" will be. I do not yet have the details to share at this time.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12945109 10/25/18 11:14 AM
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
You know I hate you, right? Why are you always trying to get me to spend my money? roflmao

Anyone who gets this graph needs to give David a call!!! I see the customer service that he gives on each sale and you won't find that anywhere else. He is there for the sell, installations and support so you are taking care of from start to finish.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: BlueNitro] #12947900 10/28/18 03:21 AM
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
You know I hate you, right? Why are you always trying to get me to spend my money? roflmao

Anyone who gets this graph needs to give David a call!!! I see the customer service that he gives on each sale and you won't find that anywhere else. He is there for the sell, installations and support so you are taking care of from start to finish.

Thank you Ron.

Your wife and I share the same thing....Your wallet roflmao

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12948314 10/28/18 07:40 PM
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru

Garmin echoMAP CHIRP Plus 93sv US LakeV w/o Transducer
010-01901-00
$849.99

GARMIN PANOPTIX LIVESCOPE SYSTEM
010-01864-00
$1499.99

Total package...$2349.98

This package will give you Panoptix LiveScope. You get both LiveScope Down and LiveScope Forward modes in one transducer (trolling motor or transom mounted LiveScope Transducer) Preloaded LakeV HD Ma

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12949504 10/30/18 12:46 AM
N
NitroGlistenin Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
I could see the heartbeat and that little thing right there means its a boy. banana

Actually this is pretty cool. Cant wait to see if Humminbird answers the call.

“Livescope: (noun.) 1. A tool used by fish to frustrate the ever livin’ daylights out of fishermen.”
Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12949507 10/30/18 12:51 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
It's cool, really cool....but it's just not why I fish.... I don't want to play x box....to each his own

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: txmasterpo] #12950915 10/31/18 03:48 AM
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru

Originally Posted By: NitroGlistenin
I could see the heartbeat and that little thing right there means its a boy. banana

It is really cool...Garmin rocked the boat and both Lowrance and Humminbird are scrambling to compete. Yes it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Originally Posted By: txmasterpo
It's cool, really cool....but it's just not why I fish.... I don't want to play x box....to each his own

I said the exact same thing until I finally saw it in person. It is now on my boat and I do not care to fish on a boat without it.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12951220 10/31/18 02:42 PM
S
Slab Killa Offline
Angler
Angler
S
The first video on this thread made me want one bad. The second video makes me glad I didnt buy one. The first one looks like a mega on simulator at Cabelas and then you buy it and can never replicate what you saw at the store?

Whats the difference in videos. The first one is clearly a tree, jig and fish swimming buy it. The second one looks like a ghosted image of something but not good?

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12951426 10/31/18 05:31 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
heres something I used to teach abt sonar.. THERE IS NO SET IT AND FORGET IT SETTING. the conditions are not static. plankton, silt, uv light penetration, bottom composition, lake turn over, wave action, propeller bubbles, and on and on all affect the picture. knowing how to tweak your unit on the fly is key, if you want the best returns. get familiar with your unit. SENSITIVITY and CONTRAST .. also beam selection is importantas well as chart speed .. on humminbird PING SPEED and CHART speed are usually linked, so if you listen to the myth of setting your chart speed to boat speed, your missing out.. its like a painter painting a picture really slow. you get less detail.. crank the chaRT /PING SPEED UP, AND YOU GET alot more detail. little things such as realizing which way your propeller spins and mounting the transducer on the opposite side can make a difference..

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12951484 10/31/18 06:19 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Definitely looks cool but I would have to agree with not wanting to look at the screen the whole time. I am still trying to get a spot lock trolling motor lol

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: leanin post] #12951501 10/31/18 06:38 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: leanin post
heres something I used to teach abt sonar.. THERE IS NO SET IT AND FORGET IT SETTING. the conditions are not static. plankton, silt, uv light penetration, bottom composition, lake turn over, wave action, propeller bubbles, and on and on all affect the picture. knowing how to tweak your unit on the fly is key, if you want the best returns. get familiar with your unit. SENSITIVITY and CONTRAST .. also beam selection is importantas well as chart speed .. on humminbird PING SPEED and CHART speed are usually linked, so if you listen to the myth of setting your chart speed to boat speed, your missing out.. its like a painter painting a picture really slow. you get less detail.. crank the chaRT /PING SPEED UP, AND YOU GET alot more detail. little things such as realizing which way your propeller spins and mounting the transducer on the opposite side can make a difference..
BINGO!! soldier

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12951552 10/31/18 07:11 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Originally Posted By: NitroGlistenin

It is really cool...Garmin rocked the boat and both Lowrance and Humminbird are scrambling to compete. Yes it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Originally Posted By: txmasterpo

I said the exact same thing until I finally saw it in person. It is now on my boat and I do not care to fish on a boat without it.

I do fine with two old well tuned 597's

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12951704 10/31/18 09:42 PM
L
Lollygagger Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Is there a video? It's not showing up (not even a link to it) on this thread (at least on my end).

"But God demonstrates His own for love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide