Forums59
Topics1,039,215
Posts13,961,112
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Where is Ike fishing next season? [Re: NickHasty] #12951377 10/31/18 04:49 PM
BeltonBasser Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Few folks have ever been as turned off by Ike than myself when it came to watching him on BassMasters/MLF, so much so there was NO way I was going to even think about watching his new show. But then my father asked if I had watched (he has no idea my feelings about Ike) the first 2 episodes as he had quite a positive attitude towards it.

It takes a lot for me to say this... but after watching myself, I have to say Ike truly did a great job on the first 2 episodes (New York/New Orleans). He could have chosen to be his usual "Goin' Ike" self, but he really kept himself in check. He was mature, kind, friendly, humble and left me actually saying 'There is a guy I would enjoy having in the boat with me...".

Everyone matures eventually.... Keep it up Mike, I like your approach and unique idea for a new show!

"The hours a man spends while fishing are not deducted from those of his lifespan."- Unknown Author
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Where is Ike fishing next season? [Re: Outdoordude] #12951445 10/31/18 05:42 PM
I
I'm The Dude Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I
Originally Posted By: Outdoordude
Originally Posted By: I'm The Dude
Originally Posted By: Ranger1
These guys that want to name call people speaks volumes of their character. I'm also willing to bet you none of them have ever met the man.

At the Conroe classic he called a local guy fishing probably 100+yards from him an a** hole. If I remember correctly he said "Look at this a** hole over here..." or something along those lines. Before that, he was annoying, after that he is a jerk.

Omg that's mild compared to what YOU AND I have said about people fishing near us, and a lot of the time they heard us say it! lol

Sure, but I also dont have fans and young ones who look up to me. He said it on bass live; My main issue with it is how he said it. Not every angler in the world is up to date and follows the elite guys every move and tournament or even knows who any of them are... The dude was just fishing, Ike needs to get over himself.

Re: Where is Ike fishing next season? [Re: NickHasty] #12952677 11/01/18 09:24 PM
B
btoups Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I was at Disney World in Florida on vacation when Ike was disqualified in the Classic for breaking the light pole on his boat that happened to have the American Flag on it. I think it was in 2006. We saw it on TV and then a couple days later ran into him and his family at Disney. Up to that point, I always thought he was a little over the top, but my young son liked watching him on tv. When we saw him at Disney I was unsure of how to handle it. I don't like going up to people because I'm sure they like being able to enjoy their personal time, but my son recognized him so I said something like "tough break in the classic" and shook his hand. He was truly remorseful and was happy to chat with my son and I for a few minutes.

My opinion of him changed that day. Seems like a truly genuine and nice guy that chooses to handle himself differently that I would, but it seems to be working for him.

Re: Where is Ike fishing next season? [Re: I'm The Dude] #12952707 11/01/18 09:55 PM
M. Alexander Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Outdoordude
Originally Posted By: Ranger1
These guys that want to name call people speaks volumes of their character. I'm also willing to bet you none of them have ever met the man.

At the Conroe classic he called a local guy fishing probably 100+yards from him an a** hole. If I remember correctly he said "Look at this a** hole over here..." or something along those lines. Before that, he was annoying, after that he is a jerk.

Omg that's mild compared to what YOU AND I have said about people fishing near us, and a lot of the time they heard us say it! lol

Sure, but I also dont have fans and young ones who look up to me. He said it on bass live; My main issue with it is how he said it. Not every angler in the world is up to date and follows the elite guys every move and tournament or even knows who any of them are... The dude was just fishing, Ike needs to get over himself.

So you hold yourself to a lower standard than you do others? Smh...get the log out of your eye, brother.

Mark
Re: Where is Ike fishing next season? [Re: 1bassdaddy] #12952718 11/01/18 10:15 PM
K
Kevin Bryant Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Originally Posted By: 1bassdaddy
It's great that he spends time with kids but my opinion is that he should spend more time modeling quality behavior for kids. Whether it's an act or not, his temper tantrums are not a good example for young competitors in fishing or any other sport.

Id say based on others experiences and my experiences, Ike is modeling pretty good behavior. Sure, hes gotten overly passionate a few times about the sport he competes in for a profession, whats the big deal? Youre saying you want kids to act like robots when theyre competeting and show no emotions? Most of us have never competed for $100k+, so most of us dont know how wed act in a stressful moment during one of those events. Everyone releases stress differently. Id say his contributions to the growth of the sport and the way he acts 99% of the time greatly outweighs the 1% hes acted like an idiot.

MBC & Associates, LLC
Specialty Commercial Construction & Asset Management
Roofing Project Manager and Moisture Consultant
Certified Infrared Thermographer
IRMS & HAAG Certified Inspector
C: (214) 289-2601
Re: Where is Ike fishing next season? [Re: NickHasty] #12952746 11/01/18 10:55 PM
F
fishinman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
So... After all this .... What circuit is he fishing.... Did I miss it?

Re: Where is Ike fishing next season? [Re: Kevin Bryant] #12952996 11/02/18 02:44 AM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: Kevin Bryant
Originally Posted By: 1bassdaddy
It's great that he spends time with kids but my opinion is that he should spend more time modeling quality behavior for kids. Whether it's an act or not, his temper tantrums are not a good example for young competitors in fishing or any other sport.

Id say based on others experiences and my experiences, Ike is modeling pretty good behavior. Sure, hes gotten overly passionate a few times about the sport he competes in for a profession, whats the big deal? Youre saying you want kids to act like robots when theyre competeting and show no emotions? Most of us have never competed for $100k+, so most of us dont know how wed act in a stressful moment during one of those events. Everyone releases stress differently. Id say his contributions to the growth of the sport and the way he acts 99% of the time greatly outweighs the 1% hes acted like an idiot.

Well said Kevin thumb

Re: Where is Ike fishing next season? [Re: fishinman] #12953058 11/02/18 05:06 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted By: fishinman
So... After all this .... What circuit is he fishing.... Did I miss it?

MLFs Bass Pro Tour

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Where is Ike fishing next season? [Re: NickHasty] #12953084 11/02/18 11:01 AM
BriannShell Offline
Extremely Happy Angler
Extremely Happy Angler
and....yelling at the dog to shut the f up at the Classic then coming back and apologizing to him was great entertainment and in the end....that's what we want to be...entertained!

Lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep
Re: Where is Ike fishing next season? [Re: NickHasty] #12953103 11/02/18 12:00 PM
west tex angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
He may be great with kids. But I don't want him in my boat . That screaming is too much for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Id like to see one of those judges turn around and slap him on the head next time he screams out.

Last edited by west tex angler; 11/02/18 12:01 PM.

PB 9lbs 13oz
Re: Where is Ike fishing next season? [Re: west tex angler] #12953177 11/02/18 01:13 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I did not think to much of him until i have seen and read all the things he does for kids, if your good to kids your good in my book.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide