Lately we've had rain and more rain so Lake Richland Chambers is full.

With the rain came the cooler temperatures and that's the trigger for a good Fall bite!
I'm mainly catching sandbass using slabs, graphing the fish in 17ft. to 24ft of water.
It's a lot of smaller fish but the better ones are moving in by the day!

Sometimes we actually see a few working birds and this always gets me excited!
We have to keep a eye out for the shorter hybrids that seem to be everywhere, just take it easy on them while pulling the hook out and they usually swim away!

Water temperature is hovering around 69 to 70 degrees and is a little stained which is a remarkable accomplishment with all the fresh water running into the big lake.

Now mentioning the fresh water I should mention that the catfishing is going pretty strong up the flooded creeks and this is quite adventurous, fishing flood water!
Catfish are opportunist you will find almost everything in there stomach while cleaning them, from Tree Frogs to Rats, but they are clean Rats and Frogs Uno!

Hard to believe we're still catching Crappie now with floodgates open but some folks are catching them on minnows and jigs!

Some of these days are just beautiful this time of the year, if you get the chance to fish call me!

Bob Holmes longest running fishing guide in the history of Richland chambers and still the lake record holder!
‪214 728 3310‬
Bob@texasfishingguide.net
Www.texasfishingguide.net