Re: alot OF WATER [Re: Fooshman] #12936917 10/18/18 01:35 AM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: Fooshman
Now they will close off access for a year or so.

yeah, last time it flooded thier excuse was that the ramps had to dry out... still havent figured that one out.. they said they were worried abt the structural integrity of the ramps. Its all baloney, they hold the parks hostage from the public until they get money from the govt to contract repairs. They make it seem worse than it is saying everything is unusable to get more money. I called the corps last year and told then they were running a scam and I would be calling my congressman.. well they opened the boat ramps the very next day.. folks have been complaining abt the little trick the corps does for years. FtWORTH district corps of engineers gets ALOT of complaints against them, and have a reputation of being the worst district in the state.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: alot OF WATER [Re: KidKrappie] #12936937 10/18/18 01:44 AM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2
Originally Posted By: leanin post
Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2
Not sure how a 7.5 ft rise in 24 hours results in good fall fishing but ok.

Because the lake is at full pool now and the banklines will hold baitfish in the grass and weeds. . crappie will go shallow to feed.

Lake is now over 11 ft high. Don't think there will be a good fall bite at all out there this year.

maybe the herons and cormorants will have a good feast anyway. roflmao

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: alot OF WATER [Re: Ken Gaby] #12936960 10/18/18 01:56 AM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
Lake is 11.77 ft above normal at 8:45am and still rising. Lots of new ground for the fish to roam in.
UNFORTUNATELY, I just talked to COE office and ALL boat ramps are closed and probably won't be open till sometime late Nov or early Dec.
Sounds like that fall bite will be by bank fishing only if you can find an access point.

14.28 ft now . the bathrooms are half submerged .
http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lake/status.htm

Re: alot OF WATER [Re: leanin post] #12939682 10/20/18 02:46 PM
D
dln1957 Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Leanin Post - lots of ignorance in your post. 1st there are only TWO districts in Texas. Second, funds are given out on October 1st for the next 12 months. When a catastrophe happens, they have to request funds. In case you haven't noticed, Congress takes a while to provide money. Third saturated soil is very weak. If you drive on the ramps when the underlying soil is wet you will cause even more damage leading to higher repair cost.

Re: alot OF WATER [Re: Ken Gaby] #12939873 10/20/18 07:33 PM
Magged Out Online Confused
TFF Guru
Online Confused
TFF Guru
Lake is 11.77 ft above normal at 8:45am and still rising. Lots of new ground for the fish to roam in.
UNFORTUNATELY, I just talked to COE office and ALL boat ramps are closed and probably won't be open till sometime late Nov or early Dec.
Sounds like that fall bite will be by bank fishing only if you can find an access point.

KAYAK hooked

I'd Tack That!!
Re: alot OF WATER [Re: leanin post] #12939882 10/20/18 07:51 PM
TFF Guru
Online Confused
TFF Guru

That's a lot of Water bannana2 breakdance bannana2

Water still slowly flowin In.. See how long before they suck it Dry Again!

I'd Tack That!!
Re: alot OF WATER [Re: dln1957] #12940102 10/21/18 01:19 AM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Originally Posted By: dln1957
Leanin Post - lots of ignorance in your post. 1st there are only TWO districts in Texas. Second, funds are given out on October 1st for the next 12 months. When a catastrophe happens, they have to request funds. In case you haven't noticed, Congress takes a while to provide money. Third saturated soil is very weak. If you drive on the ramps when the underlying soil is wet you will cause even more damage leading to higher repair cost.

The underlying soil under the boat ramp is wet all the time; the ramp extends into the water. hmmm
The asphalt area above the ramp is no wetter underneath than all the asphalt roads that currently have water running out from under them now. As is the case with roads here in this subdivision and roads all over Bell county. None of those roads are being damaged by traffic which is much higher than any traffic that may use the boat ramps. The 30 day drying period after the water recedes off the parking lot is unnecessary IMHO. We used to back our boats down the flooded road and launch for 40 years before all the iron gates went up. Same road then as we use now and hasn't been topped but once in 46 years.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: alot OF WATER [Re: dln1957] #12940295 10/21/18 04:44 AM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L

NOT a catastophe.. HOUSTON FLOOD .. CATASTROPHE.. KATRINA = CATASTROPHE..WORLD TRADE CENTER... CATASTROPHE.
Most parks have a boat ramp made of concrete, a loading dock made of alluminum and Teak wood. , and a toilet made of concrete or steel. so what is the big catastrophe you speak of? maybe a tree or 2 on the roadway, some wet paper in the bathroom? a dumpster floated down the road? Theres not really much that can be damaged at most of the parks. now the camping areas may have other issues, but the majority of parks only consist of those 3 things, a ramp, a dock and a toilet.
as far as how many districts are in texas, I didnt say there were more than two..and if you are the worst of the two,, your still the worst. roflmao
whats got your goat with my post anyway, do you work for the corp or something.
all of the people sitting around in the corps office vegetating should go pick up trash and help clean the parks up,cut up fallen limbs and haul them off, because they sure dont do much of anything else. that my friend is the Catastrophe, the waste of taxpayer money.

Re: alot OF WATER [Re: Ken Gaby] #12940301 10/21/18 05:01 AM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L

The underlying soil under the boat ramp is wet all the time; the ramp extends into the water. hmmm
The asphalt area above the ramp is no wetter underneath than all the asphalt roads that currently have water running out from under them now. As is the case with roads here in this subdivision and roads all over Bell county. None of those roads are being damaged by traffic which is much higher than any traffic that may use the boat ramps. The 30 day drying period after the water recedes off the parking lot is unnecessary IMHO. We used to back our boats down the flooded road and launch for 40 years before all the iron gates went up. Same road then as we use now and hasn't been topped but once in 46 years.

As I said they try to make it seem worse than it really is and use it as a BS reason to close the parks . I would be my lucky marble that there is a question on the form used to request funding that reads something like this. IS THE FACILITY CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO NEEDED REPAIRS? yesss sirr.. those ramps are soggy as a bowl of 3 day old cornflakes! THINGS ARE BAD, PLEASE SEND MONEY RAMPS ARE SO WET THAT IT AINT FUNNY.!! roflmao

Re: alot OF WATER [Re: leanin post] #12940312 10/21/18 06:11 AM
H
HOGON Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Magged Out nice ACC!! thumb

Re: alot OF WATER [Re: HOGON] #12940438 10/21/18 02:01 PM
D
dln1957 Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Leanin Post - the heaviest weight is the truck not the boat so they want to protect the asphalt leading to the ramp. That soil is not normally submerged. Yes to get money from Uncle Sam you have to "exaggerate". I have friends who work for the Corps. Just trying to tell both sides of the story - some of your points are valid.

Re: alot OF WATER [Re: HOGON] #12940482 10/21/18 02:44 PM
TFF Guru
Online Confused
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: HOGON
Magged Out nice ACC!! thumb

Thanks Amigo, solid rods cheers

I'd Tack That!!
Re: alot OF WATER [Re: leanin post] #12940819 10/21/18 09:20 PM
B
bradnitro175 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: leanin post

NOT a catastophe.. HOUSTON FLOOD .. CATASTROPHE.. KATRINA = CATASTROPHE..WORLD TRADE CENTER... CATASTROPHE.
Most parks have a boat ramp made of concrete, a loading dock made of alluminum and Teak wood. , and a toilet made of concrete or steel. so what is the big catastrophe you speak of? maybe a tree or 2 on the roadway, some wet paper in the bathroom? a dumpster floated down the road? Theres not really much that can be damaged at most of the parks. now the camping areas may have other issues, but the majority of parks only consist of those 3 things, a ramp, a dock and a toilet.
as far as how many districts are in texas, I didnt say there were more than two..and if you are the worst of the two,, your still the worst. roflmao
whats got your goat with my post anyway, do you work for the corp or something.
all of the people sitting around in the corps office vegetating should go pick up trash and help clean the parks up,cut up fallen limbs and haul them off, because they sure dont do much of anything else. that my friend is the Catastrophe, the waste of taxpayer money.
He's right you know clap

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide