Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C

[Linked Image]

Bay Flats Lodge Resort & Marina
October 11, 2018

* * LAST-MINUTE OCTOBER AVAILABILITY * *
Simply email Murray at bayflatslodge@gmail.com or phone Murray at (512) 587-7019 to get your October fishing plans finalized.

OCTOBER AVAILABILITY
Arrive Fish / Depart
Fri. 10/12 Sat. 10/13 (up to 6 guests)
Sat. 10/13 Sun. 10/14 (up to 12 guests)
Tue. 10/16 Wed. 10/17 (2 guests only)
Sun. 10/21 Mon. 10/22 (up to 4 guests)
Fri. 10/26 Sat. 10/27 (up to 4 guests)

Lodging & 3 Meals
$225/person each night + $13 hotel tax

Fishing *(Live Bait NOT Included)
2 Anglers: Full-Day = $600 Half-Day = $575
3 Anglers: Full-Day = $675 Half-Day = $600
4 Anglers: Full-Day = $775 Half-Day = $700

THE GUIDE REPORT
MONDAY - Oct 8th
Capt. Stephen Boriskie - It was Day #1 with todays group, and we had some great weather and a strong bite all-day long. The redfish appear to be fairly active still, especially with things beginning to cool off a bit around here. As temperatures become even milder, well look for the redfish action to continue to be strong, and for the speckled trout bite to become quite impressive. Well be back after them tomorrow morning, and I hope things are just as good as they were today.

[Linked Image]

Capt. Todd Jones - Strong winds and huge tides scattered the fish, but we managed a few solid reds along with some black drum. Twenty minutes before heading in Terry set the hook on a fish that made the struggle a little more bearable - solid brute that stretched the tape right at 30-inches. I forgot my phone in the truck this morning, but I managed to get the guys to send me a picture.

[Linked Image]

TUESDAY - Oct 9th
Capt. Stephen Boriskie - This morning was Day #2 for my group, and we spent the earliest part of it sitting around waiting for the thunderstorms and strong lightning to roll on by us so we could get out on the water and have some more fun. The storms quit, and we got on the fish again even though it was later in the morning than yesterday. I think today turned out even better than yesterday, but thats just my opinion. Regardless of the number of fish boxed yesterday or today, everyone enjoyed their time fishing, and thats what counts most in my book!

[Linked Image]

Capt. Cody Spencer - They always say that fish bite the best just before a cold front, and then again about two or three days behind the passage of the front. Well, they may know what theyre talking about! My two-man party today experienced a good pre-frontal bite, managing to box their full limits of both speckled trout and of redfish. Nice job guys - way to go!

[Linked Image]

Capt. Todd Jones - We took pictures of two of the very few from today. Mother Nature and the blustery winds were the big winner, but these two smiles, and their fish, were too good not to share. Maybe Ill figure em out tomorrow!

[Linked Image]

Capt. Heath Borchert - We had to allow time this morning to let the lightning settle down before we could start our day on the water. Once we got out there we discovered a couple huge redfish that we photographed (only one of which I could get to download). They were both beautiful fish, and Im sure they were responsible for a couple lasting memories, as well!

[Linked Image]

WEDNESDAY - Oct 10th
Capt. Lil John Wyatt - Man, today was a beautiful day! Our latest cool front rolled through yesterday and made this mornings air and skies cool, crisp, and refreshing. The fish seemed to be feeling good about things also, and they cooperated quite nicely for todays party. My team of folks managed a great box of redfish today, and they released a lot of others along the way.

[Linked Image]

Capt. Todd Jones - Chicken or feathers, as a friend of mine would say! Yesterday was mostly feathers, but a little more chicken today. First-time guests, John and Ryan, enjoyed a pretty solid day. North winds, new strategy, and better results made for a fun day on the water!

[Linked Image]

THE SWEET SPOT
The tides of October are known for producing some great redfish action, but never discount looking ahead to the possibility of experiencing a few epic fall trout encounters, as well. When it comes to fall trout fishing, theres one particular basic tactic that coastal anglers should key-in on during this part of the year - learn to interpret noticeable changes in the bay floor. Its at this time of the year when air temperature and water temperature can sometimes vary tremendously, and subtle differences in water depth, which may only be mere inches, can be the one element or factor that distinguishes your results on any given fall day.

As water temperatures continue to drop, large trout will progressively begin searching for a sweet spot in the water that adequately accommodates their preferred body temperature. Delicate depth changes in bottom contour are often very difficult to see in the prominent lower-light conditions of fall, and are best identified and read during midday light conditions when the sun is at its highest point in the daytime sky. If its your goal this fall to fish where the big fish are, hone your skills now in learning to read-the-bottom.

A couple more keys to success will be for you to locate nervous baitfish or diving birds. Place yourself along shorelines consisting of patches of grass mixed with either shell, sand, or mud, and make special note of any schooling mullet in these areas. Look tight to the shoreline for redfish, and search for them in some of the more murky water covering the grass and mud. The trout will tend to be found over grass in the more decent green and clear water, but theyll still prefer some of the sandier bottom structure at times.

We wish to pass on our heartfelt prayers for all of those who have fallen victim to the destruction and turmoil caused by Hurricane Michael. It was just a little more than a year ago when we had to pack up everything we could in order to prepare to flee the dangerous approach of Hurricane Harvey - a situation that no one should have to experience. To all who will endure hardships and heartache in the months and years to come as a result of Hurricane Michael, we will remember you. Prayers to all, and God bless!

NOW BOOKING 2018-19 DUCK HUNTS
VIDEO: "Why we Duck Hunt"
Along with the anticipation of this years daily limit for Pintail increasing to two per day, per hunter, there will be much more wing action available in the back lakes and along the bay front up and down Matagorda Island along the southern portions of Espiritu Santo Bay and San Antonio Bay. There will be redheads (and lots of em!), widgeon, blue and green-wing teal, canvasback, bluebill, gadwall, and even the occasional cinnamon teal and mottled duck.

If thats not enough to satisfy your waterfowl thirst, perhaps our latest addition to this years lineup of duck season tactics will entice you. Earlier this year we were fortunate enough to secure duck hunting privileges on a new piece of inland property, which is located just moments from the lodge and currently holds three freshwater ponds. Were diligently working to complete seven more freshwater ponds prior to opening-day, and we look for this property to hold great potential for this years hunting guests.

The dates for our Texas south zone of the 2018-19 Duck Season are November 3-25, 2018, and then December 8, 2018 - January 27, 2019. For a first-class duck hunting experience along the mid-portion of the Texas Gulf Coast, look no further than Bay Flats Lodge Resort & Marina.

BFL's GRASS ROOTS WADE FISHING w/LURES SPECIAL
We're getting back to the basics by offering a special deal to all of the wading and artificial enthusiasts out there. When you book 3 wading with artificial bait trips in 2018, you will receive your 4th wading with artificial bait trip in 2018 FREE!
- The 4th FREE trip ONLY includes one free full-day of wade fishing with artificial baits for 4 anglers in one boat.
- The 4th FREE trip does NOT include free lodging and meals.
- One full-day of wade fishing with artificial bait constitutes one trip toward your goal.
- All trips must be taken prior to December 31, 2018.
- Offer not valid on trips booked prior to April 1, 2018; only valid on trips booked between April 1, 2018, and December 15, 2018

HERES WHAT SOME RECENT GUESTS SAID
Every staff member I interacted with came across with sincerity, enthusiasm, patience, and had a willingness to make our visit memorable! Great food! Incredible facility! Great experience! - Trey P. 10/10/18

Everyone was especially friendly and helpful - always smiling! Capt. Buzz Dillon was the best fishing guide we could have asked for! My friend, Jenny, and I (two ladies) felt so comfortable with Capt. Buzz, and his knowledge of fish and great honey holes made our vacation so much more than we expected. We beat our husbands two days in a row (in our competition) by a landslide! Request Capt. Buzz, if you can - he's amazing! The food was delicious! They put so much work into making sure everything is prepared to perfection! We loved the house we stayed in! We didn't need a thing, and it was immaculately clean! Gorgeous views and beautiful setting. Thank you for the great time we had - I will be back! - Valeria L. 10/10/18

Kitchen and housekeeping staff are super friendly! They go out of their way to make sure you are happy, and that you have a great experience while at BFL. Excellent customer service! Best group of guides on the gulf coast! First-class group of guys! Boats are exceptionally clean. You can tell they take pride in their work. The Lodge's beds and pillows are better than most 5-star hotels. I have been enjoying BFL for close to twenty years, and they are a first-class lodge with a staff of some of the finest and hardworking people you will meet. Fishing with them is a treat, and is something I and my customers look forward to every year! - Steve W. 10/9/18

FIVE-DAY WEATHER FORECAST
Thursday 0 % Precip. / 0.00 in
Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 83F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday 10 % Precip. / 0.00 in
Abundant sunshine. High 87F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday 10 % Precip. / 0.00 in
Sunny along with a few clouds. High 87F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.
Sunday 20 % Precip. / 0.00 in
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 88F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.
Monday 40 % Precip. / 0.02 in
Showers in the morning, then cloudy in the afternoon. High 72F. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Synopsis:
A weak to moderate offshore flow this morning will become easterly this evening then southeasterly Friday as surface high pressure moves east of the region. Weak to moderate onshore flow expected Saturday and Sunday. Moist atmospheric conditions will contribute to isolated showers and thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday. A cold front will move across the Waters Monday and trigger scattered showers and thunderstorms. Moderate to strong northeast flow will develop Monday after frontal passage.
Coastal Water Temperature:
Port Aransas 82.9 degrees
Seadrift 82.9 degrees
Matagorda Bay 80.1 degrees

Watch our story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGD3KDviAwk&feature=youtu.be&list=UUa...VF-QS0cuOw7jgA

Download our App on iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=898844158&mt=8

Download our App on Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app_bayflat.layout

Join our fan page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bay-F...15209515185497

1-888-677-4868
Captain Chris Martin
www.BayFlatsLodge.com

Meet Our Partners:
Mercury Outboards
ES Custom Boats
Simmons Custom Rigging
Power Pole
Wet Sounds
ForEverlast - Hunting & Fishing Products
Simms
Costa Del Mar
Columbia
Drake Waterfowl
Coastline Trailers
CCA - Texas
Building Conservation Trust - CCAs National Habitat Program
Ducks Unlimited - Texas
Delta Waterfowl
Benelli USA
Franchi USA
Black Cloud Ammunitions
Finck Cigar Company
The Texas Gourmet
Stacy Hedrick - Realtor
Lifetime Decoys
MOmarsh
Law Call Lanyards
FireDisc Cookers
Hector Mendieta Tunes & Tails Fishing Tournament
Tanglefree Waterfowl
Copeland Duck Calls
Reaction Strike Lures
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2018/10/full-108403-233881-jeremy4_1010.jpg[/img]

Re: THE SWEET SPOT at Bay Flats Lodge Resort & Marina [Re: Capt. Chris Martin] #12931868 10/13/18 02:35 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Nice post and fish. As always good job. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: THE SWEET SPOT at Bay Flats Lodge Resort & Marina [Re: banker-always fishing] #12932054 10/13/18 01:16 PM
G
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Nice post and fish. As always good job. thumb

Plus #1.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide