Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Brent S] #12896016 09/11/18 10:03 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
The forest. Not the trees.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Brent S] #12896032 09/11/18 10:17 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
I know most will disagree, but I think it will flop within 3 years and theres gonna be a lot of guys that get screwed. They better figure out a way to make MLF exciting, because its become stale & borderline boring. I say that as a bass fishing show fanatic, this is one of the few shows that I dont enjoy anymore.

Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Brent S] #12896069 09/11/18 11:00 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
I dont know if it will flop but they better be ready to change. I agree with the boring but I think the TV crowd likes it. I dont really tune in when it's a dink fest. I watched the championship because they were in Florida and they were catching big fish flipping. Who doesnt like that? More stuff like that and they will grow big time. But they were on small lakes with small fields, you cant di that with 40 or more guys on such a small place. I'm interested to see the format and stuff. I just hope it isnt a "club" deal like it is now it seems. Give the average person a route to get there and it will really grow

Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Brent S] #12896092 09/11/18 11:28 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Johnny Morris hasn't had many flops and I doubt this one will be. He has made a habit of hiring the right people for the right job and bringing in Jim Wilburn is the right man for this job. He'll figure out a way to put the TV audience in the right boat at the right time. Having KVD on board doesn't hurt either. BASS LIVE has a lot of down time and try's to cover it up with small talk. Wilburn won't have that. Personally I'm excited to see how it all works.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Brent S] #12896104 09/11/18 11:41 PM
B
Burgerboy Offline
Angler
Angler
B
I am having fun in my head thinking of BASS Superstars that may go or stay. Hack I am on the fence, Edwin sounded like he was in with a tweet today. A guy like an Ish or GMAN I can see staying. They are big fish, get 7 bites and hope that 5 are the right ones, so it would make sense to stay. I can personally see Jordan Lee staying. But some of the guys north of age 40 I can see taking a chance on the new tour and pay days. I can also see sponsorship playing a part in who may or may not leave. For the the concern would be making it too much like the tv show. I would think you would want some separation, so it just all does not run together.

Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: KingOutdoorsCo] #12896108 09/11/18 11:47 PM
BMCD Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Brant King.
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
I think people also are missing that if JM thought BASS/FLW were going away he would not have renewed his sponsorship of both.

He just renewed with FLW and added Nitro and Triton as boat sponsors and the 2019 Open are named the Bass Pro Shops Opens.

That is correct in my opninion. Those 2 aren't going away and no one wants them to. I think BASS re-structures it's pathways and cost in order to fill fields more along the lines of FLW. Those two will have to compete more head to head to draw the anglers not in the MLF. To me, FLW already living in that world is less exposed than BASS.

Where is BASS having a problem filling fields? Why restructure when its working? I think its on the MLF to compete and get anglers, just as the FLW and BASS has too. Heck I highly doubt the MLF will take any anglers from either.

Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Brent S] #12896146 09/12/18 12:22 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
There's still a lot of moving parts to all of this and it will continue to evolve. A very interesting time in pro fishing.

popcorn

Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Brent S] #12896195 09/12/18 12:43 AM
B
billclay Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Good stuff. MLF is a very "fan friendly" format and I'm excited to see where this goes. I'm a big BASS fan, but MLF is a really cool deal and I could see some big names going all MLF.

Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Brent S] #12896197 09/12/18 12:44 AM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Saw where Jerry McKinnis posted this a little while ago:

Lot's of things going on in Professional bass fishing right now. Some things good others not so good. Everybody wants to use the expression "Growing the sport, but most of time the sport stays the same for the most part. Want to hear what I think should be done.(It won't be done because there are to many big egos) but it should be.

Here goes.... All three groups--BASS--MLF--FLW, should come together and form ONE LEAGUE. All sponsor money should be directed towards this ONE LEAGUE. There should be 80 anglers competing in this league at the very top level and there should be 2 levels, or qualifying levels, below the top. (theres more detail to all of this but I just won't get into it right now)...there should be one person, a commissioner if you will, who sees over every bit of this. just like there is in baseball, the NFL, etc, ....then there is one television show--one magazine--one web site--and so on.

With everyone pulling together enough money should and could be raised where in many cases entry fees would be a thing of the past. I could on and on about this but you get the point.

Right now everything is split up and going in all different directions and everyone is trying to out do the other. If everyone came together and was great at their job, we could stop trying to grow the sport....it would grow itself.

Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Brent S] #12896246 09/12/18 01:12 AM
slim 285 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Rodeo tried this not to long ago. A lot of the superstars owned the new organization. All PRCA did was make a rule if you own stock in competing company you can not participate in the PRCA . The new rodeo association flopped in two years.

Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Brent S] #12896261 09/12/18 01:24 AM
J
J.M.S Offline
Angler
Angler
J
This is going to be interesting. Especially since the a majority of MLF anglers will also have an interest in BASS. The MLF model has been very successful and have outperformed both BASS and FLW in TV ratings since its conception so I feel like they have to better market share when it comes to getting advertising dollars. I eager to see how MLF will pay its anglers because the biggest problem with the BASS format is that the angler put up all the money. Just my thoughts.

Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Mark Perry] #12896291 09/12/18 01:37 AM
FishFAN Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Good possibility that the MLF boys approached B.A.S.S to 'join forces' for the good of the sport. I can see B.A.S.S., at that time, not giving MLF much respect. We'll see what that 'lack of respect' will cost them.

FishAmericaNow (FAN), the TP&WD and HS fishing clubs work together, creating Fishing FANClubs to teach younger kids how to fish.

Kids need to fish.

www.FishAmericaNow.org
Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Brent S] #12896298 09/12/18 01:43 AM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
It will be interesting to see who the final 80 are. Likely they will take some they shouldn't if their goal is the top 80 Pros out there.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: Mark Perry] #12896309 09/12/18 01:50 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Saw where Jerry McKinnis posted this a little while ago:

Lot's of things going on in Professional bass fishing right now. Some things good others not so good. Everybody wants to use the expression "Growing the sport, but most of time the sport stays the same for the most part. Want to hear what I think should be done.(It won't be done because there are to many big egos) but it should be.

Here goes.... All three groups--BASS--MLF--FLW, should come together and form ONE LEAGUE. All sponsor money should be directed towards this ONE LEAGUE. There should be 80 anglers competing in this league at the very top level and there should be 2 levels, or qualifying levels, below the top. (theres more detail to all of this but I just won't get into it right now)...there should be one person, a commissioner if you will, who sees over every bit of this. just like there is in baseball, the NFL, etc, ....then there is one television show--one magazine--one web site--and so on.

With everyone pulling together enough money should and could be raised where in many cases entry fees would be a thing of the past. I could on and on about this but you get the point.

Right now everything is split up and going in all different directions and everyone is trying to out do the other. If everyone came together and was great at their job, we could stop trying to grow the sport....it would grow itself.

I agree with this 100%

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Major League Fishing League [Re: slim 285] #12896311 09/12/18 01:51 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted By: slim 285
Rodeo tried this not to long ago. A lot of the superstars owned the new organization. All PRCA did was make a rule if you own stock in competing company you can not participate in the PRCA . The new rodeo association flopped in two years.

I had high hopes for the "ERA". Maybe we'll see professional rodeo reach the top as PBR has done for bull riding.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide