Print Thread
Question: Youtube Fishing Videos #12869329 08/19/18 03:25 PM
C
CrankinStick aka Chadd Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
C
With youtube fishing movement booming I wanted to get your take on content and content creators....

What type of videos do you enjoy? Informational? Entertainment? A mixture of both?

What type of content would you like to see more of?

I've been watching alot of videos from Ken Smith lately.. I enjoy watching informational videos because I want to soak up as much knowledge as possible, but also like it to be somewhat entertaining. Ken has been doing this in his recent videos with Albert Collins talking structure fishing on Sam Rayburn.

Im interested in hearing your thoughts!

Best

Luck Is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity

Re: Question: Youtube Fishing Videos [Re: CrankinStick aka Chadd] #12869353 08/19/18 04:08 PM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
I have always been a huge fan of the videos that show a very simple style of fishing. I also enjoying videos that give good instruction on various techniques,fish habits,and bait presentation! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Question: Youtube Fishing Videos [Re: CrankinStick aka Chadd] #12878540 08/28/18 12:13 AM
W
WillieRip Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
I like more documentaries than anything. I strive to incorporate as many documentary storytelling methods in my fishing adventures as possible. The instruction videos are usually simple how-to videos that still make up a lot of what I do.

I've seen a change in viewership on my channel: most want entertainment now. They much prefer my documentaries. The how-to now places second. People have learned my methods, so they're more interested in watching documentation of the processes as I develop as fledgling fishing tackle business with life as a fisherman. It's an ongoing story. The story is what inspires people.

I see very little true storytelling in most YouTube fishing videos. That is disappointing because fishermen have lived and died by telling stories every since man arrived on the planet, lol.

Most videos are "Watch me go fishing! Watch me go fishing!." They contain no basic story at all. Most video they only show you when they catch trophy fish making you think they catch huge fish all the time. That is not realistic.

My artistic vision is "realism displayed with elegant simplicity." Although I have a basic story outline, very little happens according to plan. I usually start with a three act story structure for each adventure, but it always goes arwy. That's the point of a documentary. You document what happens, not stage everything like you see in most shows on TV and even in many YouTube videos.

Last edited by WillieRip; 08/28/18 12:15 AM.

Black Warrior Lures
Slip floats that get'em in the boat!
blackwarriorlures.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide