Forums59
Topics1,038,804
Posts13,953,034
Members144,178
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: David Burton] #12874155 08/23/18 02:38 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Originally Posted By: David Burton
Originally Posted By: Rangerkev
I said this in another post. I pray most of yall are never jurors if I ever go to trial. I might as well just hang myself. 90% of yall have never met Gordon or fished media. I've seen post from a Green Horn with 3 post to SkeeterRonnie with over 50000. The piling on here is a total shame. Gordon said untill legal matters are settled he cant do anything. But the TFF internet lawyers know more. I will wait till the legal issues get resolved because I know Gordon will make it right. Has it been handled properly, I dont know. There are 3 sides to every story. To all of you that are keyboard lawyers,and those that are piling on. Yall are the exact reason I have about 3 or 4 true friends.

This is categorically incorrect. Jurors never have all the facts, jurors never have any facts. The purpose of a jury is to discern facts based on evidence! That is exactly what is happening here. It matters not (in fact it is more pure analysis of evidence) that people are chiming in that dont know The parties involved. They are taking the evidence presented and making decisions on their fishing future.

The evidence is clear, a Media Contractor absconded with tournament money. Media chose to await legal recourse and not make it right up front, placing by the burden solely on their anglers.

Excellent point David, Jurors need to be unbiased... I feel several people in this discussion have come from an unbiased stand point and see A winner of a Media Bass tournament not being paid what they are owed, and the Owner after 2 months has not rectified it. While the jury is still out until the whole incident is resolved one way or another, i think it is fair that people have piled on. Pressure from your target audience has the ability to make people do the right thing or to fix a problem.

John Miller
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12874171 08/23/18 02:49 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I feel bad for Tommy in all of this. He has a very loyal following so i doubt it will hurt him. I have fished his events every year and never had an issue.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12874186 08/23/18 03:00 PM
4976sc Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I quit fishing media last year whenever they let professional guides fish their tournaments, when I believe the rules are against it. Theres no way to compete with those guys that are out there on the water everyday making a living. And also, these same guides brought 6 fish to the weigh in scale, and then culled from there, and nothing was said about it, no penalty, no dq. They won that tournament.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12874219 08/23/18 03:33 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
This thread and the other have been amazing reads and a reminder of just how fast it can derail here...

Here are some things based on experience that I know to be true.

1. Everyone here has an opinion but only a handful have any actual data/dealings with this specific issue
2. 90% of us commenting here don't fish the trail anyway and never will, so the optics are skewed
3. A bad TFF thread isn't the end of the world or the end for any business. It certainly doesn't help things but it's not an ender.
4. This will ultimately get resolved and we will all move on to the next thread

2cents

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Mark Jones] #12874232 08/23/18 03:43 PM
petro Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
This is why I quit being a tourney director. Not worth the headache, drama or work for the money.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Mark Jones] #12874239 08/23/18 03:49 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted By: Mark Jones
This thread and the other have been amazing reads and a reminder of just how fast it can derail here...

1. Everyone here has an opinion but only a handful have any actual data/dealings with this specific issue
2. 90% of us commenting here don't fish the trail anyway and never will, so the optics are skewed
3. A bad TFF thread isn't the end of the world or the end for any business. It certainly doesn't help things but it's not an ender.

2cents

I agree Mark.
But I also know Gordon has an account on here cause he used to post. I would've liked to have seen him personally address the situation, not have Tommy do it.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12874244 08/23/18 03:56 PM
1bassdaddy Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
Bad business practice by the owner of Media...plain and simple. There's no need to blame the lawyers or the legal process. Anyone who would allow their business and personal reputation to be tarnished over a couple thousand dollars probably deserves the negative ramifications that this situation will create. The owner isn't a victim here...this is a self-inflicted wound. He might not have created the original problem but his choices in how to resolve the issue are most certainly questionable and lack prudence.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Sinkey] #12874246 08/23/18 03:57 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Originally Posted By: Mark Jones

2cents

I agree Mark.
But I also know Gordon has an account on here cause he used to post. I would've liked to have seen him personally address the situation, not have Tommy do it.

I agree for sure but I'm guessing he has his reasons and it's his call to make (or his attorney's). I can also tell you that many times posting here and providing transparency doesn't stop the trolling and/or change anyone's mind once they've formed an opinion/position/stance. This is a tough crowd shrouded in anonymity, so you never really know who you're talking to, what their agenda is and everyone's just a little quicker to judge and rip people up behind a screen name my friend.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12874250 08/23/18 03:59 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Here's what transpired from our end.

Spyder_Jig contacted us about posting. I asked if it had been at least two weeks since the tournament (an amount of time I felt would have been appropriate/reasonable to give an individual or organization to make good on a bounced check).

He informed us that the tournament was back in June.

He also informed us he was not satisfied with Gordon's efforts to resolve the situation.

In his frustration he has turned to social media to air his complaints. We are not the only form of social media that has been used to address this situation. Social media often helps resolve customer service issues. My wife and I have used Twitter a few times to help with a health insurance issue when we were having problems getting approval for something. Twitter was the only tool that got their attention and after we explained what happened on Twitter, we got a call within an hour. So airing something on social media definitely has its time and place.

Over the years, here on the TFF, we have learned to try and keep our opinions out of topics like these. One moderator did air his opinion and we reminded him that we need to leave our opinion out and do our best to remain unbiased as moderators.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12874259 08/23/18 04:07 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
We're going to go ahead and lock this one. One thread on the topic is enough at this point.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide