Forums59
Topics1,038,974
Posts13,956,751
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873187 08/22/18 07:15 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
5000 views from his target market. Whoever said there is no such thing as bad publicity ought to read this thread and re-evaluate their stance. Dang son.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Chasin Hogs] #12873188 08/22/18 07:15 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs
Ok. I'll log in for this. Which one of the OT gods did it? popcorn

Scroll through the pages and look for the one with 50k post, not hard to find.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Jpurdue] #12873201 08/22/18 07:28 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
5000 views from his target market. Whoever said there is no such thing as bad publicity ought to read this thread and re-evaluate their stance. Dang son.

Let's not forget the 7.5k views on the other thread. Tommy is a good guy and I will only fish his stuff. Tommy is the only reason I will fish a media event. The independent contractor stuff is nonsense. He needs to make it right.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Monty Wright] #12873210 08/22/18 07:35 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Monty Wright
Originally Posted By: 9094
Originally Posted By: beartrap
FWIW....Media Bass was a growing trail here a few years ago until the owner made a bunch of fishermen really mad...this was back when there was some debate over whether to ban the A-rig but it had been legal to use in all regular season tournys and many of the guys fishing the classic had found fish using it on Seminole...the trail owner shows up the night before the classic and bans using the A-rig....I'm told his local tourney director tried to talk him out of it suggesting they ban it for the next year but not change the rules the night before the tourney....the owner refused to change his mind and their participation dropped off drastically the next year and ultimately they quit having tournys over here...

So he ruined the trail over not allowing the A rig? Dang I wonder how BASS made it for the several years they didnt allow it?
I didnt see anyone here quit them over that.
Ill bet that Gordon makes good on this. These kind of things are very bad and sometimes take time but Gordon has made good always in the past when there was a problem.

The people were upset that the rules were changed the night before their championship, not the fact that rule was changed.

That was my understanding as well but I guess not everyone caught that. peep

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #12873215 08/22/18 07:41 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: 21xs Elite
Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs
Ok. I'll log in for this. Which one of the OT gods did it? popcorn

Scroll through the pages and look for the one with 50k post, not hard to find.

The difference is he got his money but yeah there was a delay things can happen. In the tourney case it has been longer and still has not been paid. I see this as 2 separate and completely different incidents. I get stuff can happens but the tourney director has had plenty of time to resolve this situation and has not chosen to do so. Media should obviously take care of this and should have already.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King] #12873218 08/22/18 07:44 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Finesse Master/ Dropshot king
Originally Posted By: Chris_K
Originally Posted By: RedEar12
As someone who has cashed many checks with MediaBass, I have never ever had a problem with Gordon's honesty and have been fishing his trails since 1996. He doesn't always make what I felt to be the right decision but they are his decisions to make. While he may not be the best communicator, my read on his heart is that he's honest.

I don't know what was said exactly between Gordon and the affected parties but I suspect that this could've been handled better. I cannot make a judgement yet because I don't know all the facts and have to go on what I know and that is that Gordon or MediaBass has never ever cheated me on many many occasions.

On a related note about hot checks, I see someone making angry posts on this thread that wrote me a $90 hot check several years back for a Shimano I sold here on TFF that just happens to have their name down there in that Top 10 poster's list with about 50,000 posts. Never ever responded to many many cell calls and PMs and I spent half a tank of gas going back and forth to his wells and Fargo bank trying to get my money. Finally got it after a full month.

You people casting these stones may wanna check the thickness of your glass house.

popcorn

Shots fired lol

There are only 3 so it is a very short list! farmer

Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: DBFishing83] #12873230 08/22/18 07:53 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: flukeman83
Originally Posted By: Ricktofish
the facts that's I've read is that one guy won a media event. media has not paid the guy the winnings after two months. this is a management issue. top management has to fix the issue with the customer or risk losing the customer. in this case many or all customers. management decision.

well now ,,,, that is just way too simple.
if that had been said FIRST there would not be 7 pages of postings.

Well there are more than just the one OP here that has come to light. frown

I firmly believe that it is now a criminal case (Bad Check at the DA) so there is no way for Gordon to make it right until all the legal stuff is taken care of.

I have been on the wrong end of many bad checks at my business and after it is filed I can not accept any payment from the person who wrote the check.

It all has to go through the DA here in Texas.

Now if I owned a large (seemingly) successful business and something like this happened I would not let my business be run into the ground over $4K or so.

There would also be a new director for the one branch of my business that caused it and I would not have waited 3 months or so to have it taken care of.

10 years ago all of this could have happened and very few people would have ever heard of it but that is not the case in today's information superhighway!

I had a buddy that doesn't even post on TFF or BBC come in yesterday and asked me if I had heard of the C Rap going on with MediaBass? eeks

Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873245 08/22/18 08:01 PM
TX Strampion Offline
Angler
Angler
It would scare the heck out of me to run any operation with no petty cash or emergency funds. The thought of having to lawyer up over 3k would give me ulcers.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873252 08/22/18 08:06 PM
T
Tommy Morton Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
My turn........

I am truly sorry that there are Anglers without there winnings...this will get corrected in time....

All Championships will go on as scheduled....I have had a few calls...

I have nothing to do with this instance, so I will stay away from most of it, but hear this...

I have made mistakes with my payout at tournaments, as a matter of fact over paid because of the mistake and swallowed it....

I have not written any hot checks while directing Media Bass business...and will not...

I have my DBA as Media Bass East Texas Teams, as I am an independent contractor of Media Bass...

I also have insurance for my DBA....

So, lets just say I'm a little different!!!!!!!! But this means something to me....
I work hard everyday for the sport, the resources and the people that make this better, and this is a black eye!!!
Now, I can't fix this problem that is 7 pages, but I can tell you that Gordon Stauffer will make this right when he is legally in the position to do so. He is stand up, forthright and a man of god....bank that!!!!

For you all that don't know me or Gordon, maybe you should know us....we are good people and our word means something to us.

Ask around...you will find that out!!!!!

As far as you all saying you aren't fishing Media Bass next year that are crucifying this organization that has been around for 30 years......jump off the wagon, especially you all that have never fished Media Bass, and we'll be fine. And we will have not stirred this into a punch bowl that no one wants to drink out of!!!!! It will be you.....

Many other organizations have come and gone....this one is here to stay!!!! BANK THAT!!!!!!!

Sincerly,

Tommy Morton
469-644-3123
if you need to call me for clarification!!!!!!!

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873261 08/22/18 08:09 PM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
BigDozer made some very good points.

Gordon probably very easily could have paid, and I believe he should have. But who would then try to prosecute this guy ? Would Gordon have a criminal case because he was not the one that the checks were written to? He may very well have a defamation case but isn't that a civil case ? He probably could've avoided all of this by paying the other parties their money but then he probably would've never collected it back from the real crook here that everybody seems to forget about, The tournament director that stole the money, wrote the hot checks, and started this whole mess anyways

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873266 08/22/18 08:12 PM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Well said, Tommy

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873269 08/22/18 08:13 PM
C
ChampionDon (SkeeterDon) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Well said Tommy, I have fished Media for 4 years, 3 of those with Gordon and he is a stand up guy. Will be fishing with you all next year as well.

See you soon.

2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Lake Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2
Central Texas Realtor, Helping People Buy/Sell Their Home, Give Me A Call.
2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS
www.powertackle.com
www.swaggertackle.com
www.hogfarmberbaits.com
www.honestac.com
www.whortonins.com
Donnie C. O'Neal - 512-431-5977

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873274 08/22/18 08:15 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Im still in!

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873276 08/22/18 08:16 PM
R
Ricktofish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
So the management decision is to let the customers twist in the wind until management legal issues are settled. I hope that works out for Media but only time will tell.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873281 08/22/18 08:17 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Tommy Morton
My turn........

I am truly sorry that there are Anglers without there winnings...this will get corrected in time....

All Championships will go on as scheduled....I have had a few calls...

I have nothing to do with this instance, so I will stay away from most of it, but hear this...

I have made mistakes with my payout at tournaments, as a matter of fact over paid because of the mistake and swallowed it....

I have not written any hot checks while directing Media Bass business...and will not...

I have my DBA as Media Bass East Texas Teams, as I am an independent contractor of Media Bass...

I also have insurance for my DBA....

So, lets just say I'm a little different!!!!!!!! But this means something to me....
I work hard everyday for the sport, the resources and the people that make this better, and this is a black eye!!!
Now, I can't fix this problem that is 7 pages, but I can tell you that Gordon Stauffer will make this right when he is legally in the position to do so. He is stand up, forthright and a man of god....bank that!!!!

For you all that don't know me or Gordon, maybe you should know us....we are good people and our word means something to us.

Ask around...you will find that out!!!!!

As far as you all saying you aren't fishing Media Bass next year that are crucifying this organization that has been around for 30 years......jump off the wagon, especially you all that have never fished Media Bass, and we'll be fine. And we will have not stirred this into a punch bowl that no one wants to drink out of!!!!! It will be you.....

Many other organizations have come and gone....this one is here to stay!!!! BANK THAT!!!!!!!

Sincerly,

Tommy Morton
469-644-3123
if you need to call me for clarification!!!!!!!

Well said! cheers

Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide