Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,133
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 44 of 46 1 2 42 43 44 45 46
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12736575 04/30/18 04:13 PM
Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V. Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Lake Ray Hubbard White Bass Fishing
April showers bring May flowers!!! Well in Texas when talking about white bass fishing it is more like April WINDS bring storms in May. The shad spawn has started , although very late because of the cold weather and water in April. We fought the winds on Lake Ray Hubbard and also cried mercy a few times. Had a lot of rescheduled trips because of weather. May should bring less winds at time but be aware of the storms that will come thru. Please remember that lighting is not to be taken lightly when white bass fishing or any kind of outdoor activity. Fish are feeding and it will only get better as the month move on.

White Bass Patterns
When white bass and hybrid/striped bass get through with their spawn, they go on a feeding frenzy! You can find them throughout the day on shallow flats , along rip rap, shallow coves with sandy banks and around bridge pillions feeding on shad. When in shallow water , turn your big motor off well away from where you are targeting. Use your trolling motor to ease up on your spot , if fishing a shore line , start up wind and let the wind drift you down the bank. On the flats if you pull your boat into deeper water , use the wind to let you drift across it so you can spot small pods of fish blowing shad out of the water. Use your trolling motor to stay onto of the action. The fish will not stay shallow the whole day but will come back through out the day. When white bass are not in the shallow, check the same areas but deeper. Lake Ray Hubbard has many long points and drop offs. Use your electronics to locate these fish.

White Bass Lures
When you find white bass or hybrid/stripers shallow i like to throw 3 inch Co Ho with a 1/2 oz head. Many people like to also throw rattle traps, small crank baits and even lighter A-rigs. Find the windy points , rip rap, flats and cuts in the shore line then chunk and whined to locate pockets of white bass and hybrid/striper. When the fish move deeper use a small jigging spoon/ slab and don't forget to ties a small jig above for the chance to catch 2 at a time. A little trick I like to use is when I am shallow , I watch my Humminbird 12 Helix on side imaging. You can actually watch fish swim past you and you know what side of the boat to throw. The first pic below demonstrates this technique. The little white dots to the right are fish moving past as a few on the left.

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide
We target White Bass year round . Lake Ray Hubbard has a great white bass and hybrid Striper population. For more information on Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide, follow this link www.jvguideservice.com

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12736728 04/30/18 05:38 PM
C
Coachzee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Awesome post and great tips JV. Good to see you out there yesterday and working hard to keep your clients on fish all day long! If you guys are looking for a great guide on Hubbard, look no further. I have fished with him in the past and the man knows his stuff!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12737215 04/30/18 11:31 PM
T
Timmychanga Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Great Posts

[Linked Image]

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12765517 05/22/18 09:09 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity

May as not disappointed for white bass fishing on Lake Ray Hubbard. We have had very few storms that are usual in May. The shad spawn is still going and on windy days the fish are going crazy along most windy shorelines. Fishing has been good to great. Please be aware that a lot of small hybrid striped bass have been present. The threat of pop up storms is still great for the month of May and first of June. Always have access to a weather app and watch the weather. I had a trip that they did not call for rain that day, we lasted till 10:30 am and storms blew in. Lake Ray Hubbard can turn into an ocean real quick with high winds.

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Report

White Bass Patterns 

When white bass are chasing shad , they are normally on shallow flats, coves and shorelines. Keep an eye out for gulls circling and a great clue is to look for the white egrets or the great blue herons sitting on the shorelines stacked up looking for a buffet of shad. If you gaze across the lake and see these big birds hoovering over the water, be sure to ease over to the location ..more than likely fish are blowing shad out of the water. White bass have been doing a little schooling but that should increase as the month of June comes closer.  Use your trolling motor to ease up on your spot , if fishing a shore line , start up wind and let the wind drift you down the bank. On the flats if you pull your boat into deeper water , use the wind to let you drift across it so you can spot small pods of fish blowing shad out of the water. When that action stops, be sure to look in deeper water out from the same areas. Example was I had fish on a flat in 8-12 ft water, they moved out of the area so I eased out to the point in 19-22 ft water, the white bass would come in waves . Using your electronics is very important in this situation. On very tough days with high pressure if you mark fish suspended out from these same areas but not in huge groups, don't be afraid to break out the trolling gear. 

White Bass Lures

When you find white bass or hybrid/stripers shallow i like to throw 3 inch Co Ho with a 1/2 oz head. Many people like to also throw rattle traps, small crank baits and even lighter A-rigs. Pay close attention to the size of the shad in the water. You might have to switch over to a small in line spinner or a tail spinner. I personally like to use a 1/2 tail spinner made by Humdinger , you can find these at www.humdingerlures.com . When fishing vertical structure use a 3/4 oz or 1 oz jigging spoon/ slab spoon with a small jig ties about 16 inches above the slab. Here is a good link to show you how to tie the knot www.netknots.com/fishing_knots/drop-shot-rig .

We target White Bass year round .  Lake Ray Hubbard has a great white bass and hybrid Striper population.  For more information on Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide, follow this link.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12766390 05/23/18 02:54 PM
V
VIP Fishing Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
V
Excellent Report JV! If you want to catch some fish, give JV a call!
Hubbard has been fishing good.

Originally Posted by Derek
I do enjoy a good Squirt now and then.
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12766896 05/23/18 09:38 PM
CHAMPION FISH Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Hubbard fishing is really good right now and John is filling the ice chest. Nothing like fresh fried fish for dinner.

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12787632 06/11/18 02:11 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity

First part of June for Lake Ray Hubbard white bass as been pretty steady except for a couple of trips. The weather has been hotter than usual and the fish seem to be on a speed race to a summer pattern already. There are multiple schools of shad fry all over the lake . We have had to pick thru fish for the nice keepers as lots of small white bass and hybrid/stripers are gorging on the small fry. Be sure to take plenty of water on your fishing trips , it gets hot pretty quick on most morning. The hotter temps have brought out the pleasure boaters so be very careful especially later in the mornings and afternoons. The white bass on Lake Ray Hubbard are a little different than most fish on other lakes. All the recreation boats really do not effect them much. I have witnessed many times fish schooling and a ski boat runs through them, only for the fish to reappear 20-30 yards away from the original location. We still have the threat of pop up storms so please be aware of the weather.

White Bass Patterns 

White bass have been chasing shad fry all across the lake. The easiest way to locate them is to start driving and keep your eyes open for the splashes of these schools. White egrets or the great blue herons are still showing the way to these schools. If you see one of these magnificent birds hoovering the water below, stop and take a look. The shad do not have a chance with the fish attacking from below and the birds snatching them from above. There has not been any schooling on the flats as of yet, the thermocline has not set in yet. It will not be long before that happens. I continue to keep my eyes open and check these areas early morning. I have not found many white bass on structure such as humps and levees. Do not forget to check the multiple bridges for fish , the shad love the shad and protection of the pillars.

White Bass Lures

When you find white bass and hybrid/striper chasing these small fry I will have a small in line spinner , tail spinner or top water ties on. I prefer tiny torpedoes in a clear or white for some fun. I will also have a 1 oz slab tied on and fish below the schooling fish. When throwing your slab let it sink all the way to the bottom , turn your handle fast about 5-6 turns and let it fall back through. Many times I am watching my graph and if I notice the fish high, I will tell my guest to just reel up through them. When fishing the structure , we do the same thing with the slab. If you start marking them hugging the bottom, drop the slab , reel up the slack and just "pull" up slowly. A ;lot of times white bass will hit the lure on the pull up.

White Bass

We target White Bass year round .  Lake Ray Hubbard has a great white bass and hybrid Striper population.  For more information on
[Linked Image]

www.jvguideservice.com
214-384-5801
Fishing Lake Ray Hubbard

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12787825 06/11/18 04:12 PM
V
VIP Fishing Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
V
Great info!
Get your trips booked! JV will put you on some fish,
teach you some stuff and you'll have a lot of fun.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12788656 06/12/18 02:02 AM
S
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Good tips, Twin. Love your new boat and setup too cheers

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: SeaPro-Todd] #12790768 06/13/18 07:28 PM
C
chrisc/striper express guide service Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Excellent report

Lake Texoma Striper Guide Chris Carey

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12830484 07/16/18 09:47 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide Report 

Lake Ray Hubbard is in summertime mode!! The fishing has heated up just like the temperatures for the end of June and first of July.  We still have shad fry all over the lake but now the themocline is trying to set in. White Bass have been chasing these small shad on the flats instead of deep water. I have been starting at 6:00 am during these hot summer days. Please remember to bring plenty of water as the sun is getting brutal by mid morning. When you locate schooling fish please remember to get up wind of the fish and do not run your big motor thru them. Use your trolling motor and if you do not have one drift thru them , when out of the school go around them and start another drift.

White Bass

White Bass

White Bass

White Bass Patterns 

White Bass have been schooling early mornings and late evenings across the lake. There are multiple locations to keep an eye on. Robertson Park , Power Plant Jetty , Chandlers Cove , Red Barn Cove and the shallow coves down south by the burnt out bridge.The great blue herons are still showing the way to these schools.The easiest ways are to make the "run" and check multiple locations as the sun is coming up. There has been sporadic schooling later morning in the deep waters down south but they are mostly small little fish . I still stop and throw a slab to see if the fish are bigger deeper in the water column. When the fish stop schooling I have had success on the multiple levees that run North and South on the lake.

White Bass

White Bass

White Bass

White Bass Lures

White bass like lures the same size as the bait. When finding schooling fish I have better success with smaller baits. The Mepps spinner has been my go too lure during this time. Small top waters such as the Tiny Torpedo are great lures but I rarely let guest throw them as it is a little dangerous for the guide on the boat. Structure fishing I have been using a 3/4 oz slab. The fish are from the bottom to about 10 ft high so drop your slab and do a high lift, usually when you lift and you reach your head you will get a fish.

We target White Bass year round .  Lake Ray Hubbard has a great white bass and hybrid Striper population.  For more information on Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide, follow this link.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12830646 07/17/18 12:34 AM
C
Coachzee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Awesome post jv! Great tips and good fishing pics. If you are looking for some fast a furious action, JV is your guy, he has been on the fish like white on rice!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12830787 07/17/18 01:49 AM
T
Tc24 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Thanks J.V. for taking the time each month to share some great tips for catching white Bass on Ray Hubbard!! I need all the help I can get... smile

1998 Pro Gator 160V
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12831199 07/17/18 01:44 PM
V
VIP Fishing Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
V
banana banana banana

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Tc24] #12831794 07/17/18 09:53 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Tc24
Thanks J.V. for taking the time each month to share some great tips for catching white Bass on Ray Hubbard!! I need all the help I can get... smile

You are more than welcome TC.. I try to get them up as best I can.. with all the social media including the TFF it can get a little busy smile if you need any further tips feel free to PM me..

Page 44 of 46 1 2 42 43 44 45 46
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide