Forums59
Topics1,037,876
Posts13,935,915
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: joebass2] #12790460 06/13/18 02:56 PM
shotgunwilly Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: joebass2
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
If it's on the red, we know why. Chamber of commerce pays well

Bingo. Number 1 reason for any championship location..$$$$

Yeah? That's why Basschamps is still around. Because they make money to keep running.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: shotgunwilly] #12790466 06/13/18 03:00 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: shotgunwilly

Yeah? That's why Basschamps is still around. Because they make money to keep running.

EXACTLY!! It's funny how most people on here are red blooded American conservatives but they get mad when a company wants to make money and happens to choose a lake/river they don't like. If Chad and Jeff didn't make those tough calls, then like many other trails that have come and gone, they would just fade away.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: Mark Perry] #12790477 06/13/18 03:06 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
TxTT has no problem going to less than desirable Championship locations. People still show up. I like knowing it's somewhere completely different each year but I understand why they choose the red

Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: Rockie Martin] #12790496 06/13/18 03:18 PM
T
TxFisherman03 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Rockie Martin
I have to say..... I like the Red River for alot of reasons.....The area has the facilities to be able to hold a large event with rooms etc.... Gambling, Restraunts etc.....The River itself is large and has alot of options.....I will be there!

I agree with everything stated here. But Texoma does also and it's still partly in the state all the divisions are in.

Byron
Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: Mark Perry] #12790587 06/13/18 04:59 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
L
I support Bass Champs and want them to be around for a long time. Hell I feel guilty when we only fish the practice days then go home before the Championship. That being said the Red River has been a [censored] hole fishery the last several times they have gone there. When day one leaders don't even catch a fish the second day, you are fishing in a place that sucks. It's a fishing trail after all, not a gambling trail.

Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: Mark Perry] #12790596 06/13/18 05:04 PM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Call me what you want as I support and enjoy Bass Champs a whole lot but I think with people taking 4-5 days vacation, travel, lodging and food costs plus all fishing costs that I fully understand why some dont want to spend the time and money on a place where the fishing sucks. A week long grind is not enjoyable to many. It's still supposed to he fun. We will go if it's on the Red but I admit I doubt I will be looking forward to it compared to other locations.

I still am not convinced it's on the Red though. We will find out soon enough.

Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: Chris G] #12790687 06/13/18 06:20 PM
B
Bullet20XrD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Chris G
Originally Posted By: shotgunwilly

EXACTLY!! It's funny how most people on here are red blooded American conservatives but they get mad when a company wants to make money and happens to choose a lake/river they don't like. If Chad and Jeff didn't make those tough calls, then like many other trails that have come and gone, they would just fade away.

Nobody is arguing that Chad and Jeff run a great trail. I'm all for them making money, as I fish most of the tournaments they put on. But it's my choice to NOT fish the Red just the same. I'm not going to whine about it, I just don't want to fish it. I tried it, tore everything up on my boat trying to get to places that I thought had fish, and decided the Red isn't for me. I'll still fish their regular season events.

If it's on the Sabine, I'll go. Red, I'm out. I hope everyone that goes has a safe and enjoyable tournament.

Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: Mark Perry] #12790722 06/13/18 06:47 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Nobody is arguing that Chad and Jeff run a great trail. I'm all for them making money, as I fish most of the tournaments they put on. But it's my choice to NOT fish the Red just the same. I'm not going to whine about it, I just don't want to fish it. I tried it, tore everything up on my boat trying to get to places that I thought had fish, and decided the Red isn't for me. I'll still fish their regular season events.

If it's on the Sabine, I'll go. Red, I'm out. I hope everyone that goes has a safe and enjoyable tournament.

You and I share the exact same opinion. I won't go to the Red either but also wouldn't complain about it. The Sabine I would really have to think hard about. It just seemed that in order to find better quality fish you had to run 30-50 miles and that just isn't something we enjoy. We'd probably go just to rent the house we did last time and hammer giant red fish off the dock on Sabine lake.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: Chris G] #12790734 06/13/18 06:57 PM
K
kellisag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Originally Posted By: Bullet20XrD

You and I share the exact same opinion. I won't go to the Red either but also wouldn't complain about it. The Sabine I would really have to think hard about. It just seemed that in order to find better quality fish you had to run 30-50 miles and that just isn't something we enjoy. We'd probably go just to rent the house we did last time and hammer giant red fish off the dock on Sabine lake.

Hackney just axed that theory! Could you imagine how packed that pull row would be this year if BC goes there.

Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: Mark Perry] #12790882 06/13/18 08:59 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
If bc goes there it won't be won around ramp guarantee

Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: Jarrett Latta] #12790955 06/13/18 09:56 PM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T

+1 Even if those places were good they are trashed now and LA has much better water

Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: the skipper] #12791057 06/13/18 11:15 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted By: the skipper

+1 Even if those places were good they are trashed now and LA has much better water

Bc would make la offlimits too. Too much grey area for who can fish certain water versus who can't.

Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #12791143 06/14/18 12:47 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Originally Posted By: Rockie Martin
Red River....Called Red River South and they are already booked....

Red is more dangerous than Sabine in my opinion. I like Sabine cause on day 2 anyone in the top 50 has a shot at winning a boat. Can't do that anywhere else. Sucks if it's on red AGAIN. Heck I'd rather it be on Rayburn and listen to everyone complain about locals. At least fishing would be sick and turnout would be good

Bass champs has lost my interest for fishing a whole season with them since they started picking these gar hole rivers to fish. Ain't worth the time and money to mess with em ill stick to TXTT

You may be the biggest cry baby ever

Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: Dubee] #12791163 06/14/18 01:09 AM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
BC has to make money or they would not exist, at the same time they have to cater to the fisherman's wants, keep having it at a place that many do not like and the money will not be there. About the only reason I do not fish champs is because of where the championships are held, I personally do not have the time ( or the want ) to go somewhere for a week to fish a tourney. I wish they would announce the championship before the season started, no matter where it is I am sure they will put on a great event.

[Linked Image]
Re: What are your Bass Champs Championship location predictions? [Re: Mark Perry] #12791185 06/14/18 01:20 AM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
I dont understand the people saying they wont fish the trail because of the championship location. Each tournament still pays $20k to first place and usually pays 20-30 places depending on the draw. Sounds like an excuse to not fish. You dont fish four tournaments because one?? Huh.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide