Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,952
Posts13,956,326
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 #12779252 06/04/18 12:32 PM
T
Tommy Morton Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
We will take off at safe light as always in the order you sign up.
This is #6 for the year and entry is $130 that will increase the payout...

If you have questions, call me at 469-644-3123

TM

Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: Tommy Morton] #12783830 06/07/18 04:20 PM
T
Tommy Morton Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
ttt

Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: Tommy Morton] #12784974 06/08/18 04:18 PM
T
Tommy Morton Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
ttt

Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: Tommy Morton] #12785380 06/08/18 10:20 PM
Paul Jeffcoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I'm planning to be there... hopefully not to donate again! LOL!

Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: Tommy Morton] #12786732 06/10/18 04:18 PM
Kelly Classic GMC Arlington Offline
Angler
Angler
An honorable Man, Brian Clark

Today was the last tournament for the Media Bass Cowtown Individuals. Ran by a great director Tommy Morton.
Brian Clark and Monte Coon another great angler were neck and neck to win Angler of The Year and I think everyone was looking forward to the final Weigh-in.

However, Brian was last to sign up and was boat 31. Tommy told him that the gas dock was off limits as always. Tommy made a simple mistake and did not tell Brian that the dock next to the gas dock was also off limits. It was a simple mistake. Brian began fishing and yes he did flip the dock next to the gas dock. (did not catch anything). Now, someone took it upon themselves to get very upset about this and complained to Tommy. To which Tommy did acknowledge that he failed to tell Brian about the other dock being off limits. In my opinion Brian did nothing wrong! Tommy made a simple and honest mistake and did not deserve the grief the other angler was giving him. Tommy always does a great job. But, this other angler would not let it go.

What did Brian do? He withdrew from the competition!

To this other angler I would like to say please don't enter these local tournaments since you seem to have forgotten what it's all about. Fun, fishing, and friendly competition. This is a great bunch of guys to hang out with. But, someone like you .........

I am sure that we can all appreciate that Brian Clark was in a no win situation. I am sure that even Monte Coon would not have wanted Brian to Withdraw. To win a championship you want to compete against the best. But now we have all been robbed of that.

This is how things went down this morning to the best of my knowledge. I was not there but I am sure it is accurate. It is just my opinion but this should not have happened.

To Tommy I say don't worry about it and thanks for all you do.
To Brian I say great job your an honorable person and I am glad to know you.
To the OTHER PERSON... I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO YOU.

Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: Tommy Morton] #12787059 06/10/18 10:16 PM
C_Fisher Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Hate to hear that this happened... usually a great group of guys that fish media cowtown individuals.

Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: Tommy Morton] #12787065 06/10/18 10:19 PM
B.Hollingshead Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Out of all the years and tournaments I have fished on eagle mountain, including media the only dock off limits has been the gas dock and NEVER the dock across from it. So I can see Brian fishing it.

Last edited by B.Hollingshead; 06/10/18 10:22 PM.

Branden Hollingshead

38-DD's and counting
Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: Tommy Morton] #12787126 06/10/18 11:24 PM
T
toofy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Which one is the gas dock? I assume it's the one with gas pumps but when I look at google maps I don't see any gas pumps anywhere. Is it that long dock by the ramp without the roof where everyone parks?

Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: Tommy Morton] #12787603 06/11/18 01:53 PM
T
Tommy Morton Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Let me make a statement....
I have always made the dock next to the ramp and the gas dock off limits....every tournament....
I announced it at take off....I told several individuals as they showed up later than others about both docks....ask any of them.....including Monte as he came by water, Aaron McKinney, Paul Jeffcoat and others.....
Brian missed those announcements and while I was setting up my weigh trailer I saw him heading towards the gas dock and hollared at him to remind him it was off limits...he acknowledged that....I did not tell him specifically the other dock as I was busy doing my thing....

Brian made a great decision to withdraw, I feel horrible about it, but as I stated, those 2 docks have always been off limits for me.

Mistakes happen, I didn't remind Brian of it...I own that.....

Thank you all for your support and understanding.

TM

Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: Kelly Classic GMC Arlington] #12788017 06/11/18 05:55 PM
Greenie Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Dont believe you should be bashing another angler if you were not there. Did the angler call Tommy? You said the angler called him down there. You might sir want to get your story straight before you speak. Your right about it being a bad deal but breaking a rule is breaking a rule. Doesnt matter if its KVD, or Jordan Lee we all make mistakes. We all love this sport and yes we are all a great group of guys who love to compete with the best. Sorry that Brain did disqualify himself but in my opinion if you realize that you broke a rule thats what you should do.

Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: Tommy Morton] #12788188 06/11/18 07:57 PM
E
ethillbilly Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Congratulations Jake Marshall!!!!

#quitwhiningwehaveawinner

Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: Greenie] #12788277 06/11/18 09:08 PM
daman Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
Originally Posted By: Greenie
Dont believe you should be bashing another angler if you were not there. Did the angler call Tommy? You said the angler called him down there. You might sir want to get your story straight before you speak. Your right about it being a bad deal but breaking a rule is breaking a rule. Doesnt matter if its KVD, or Jordan Lee we all make mistakes. We all love this sport and yes we are all a great group of guys who love to compete with the best. Sorry that Brain did disqualify himself but in my opinion if you realize that you broke a rule thats what you should do.
if he didn't know it was a rule how could he have broke it???

Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: ethillbilly] #12788307 06/11/18 09:27 PM
B
Bass&More Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: ethillbilly
Congratulations Jake Marshall!!!!

#quitwhiningwehaveawinner

^^^^^^This, good job Jake thumb peep

Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: Kelly Classic GMC Arlington] #12788337 06/11/18 09:47 PM
T
TxFisherman03 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Kelly Classic GMC Arlington
An honorable Man, Brian Clark

Today was the last tournament for the Media Bass Cowtown Individuals. Ran by a great director Tommy Morton.
Brian Clark and Monte Coon another great angler were neck and neck to win Angler of The Year and I think everyone was looking forward to the final Weigh-in.

However, Brian was last to sign up and was boat 31. Tommy told him that the gas dock was off limits as always. Tommy made a simple mistake and did not tell Brian that the dock next to the gas dock was also off limits. It was a simple mistake. Brian began fishing and yes he did flip the dock next to the gas dock. (did not catch anything). Now, someone took it upon themselves to get very upset about this and complained to Tommy. To which Tommy did acknowledge that he failed to tell Brian about the other dock being off limits. In my opinion Brian did nothing wrong! Tommy made a simple and honest mistake and did not deserve the grief the other angler was giving him. Tommy always does a great job. But, this other angler would not let it go.

What did Brian do? He withdrew from the competition!

To this other angler I would like to say please don't enter these local tournaments since you seem to have forgotten what it's all about. Fun, fishing, and friendly competition. This is a great bunch of guys to hang out with. But, someone like you .........

I am sure that we can all appreciate that Brian Clark was in a no win situation. I am sure that even Monte Coon would not have wanted Brian to Withdraw. To win a championship you want to compete against the best. But now we have all been robbed of that.

This is how things went down this morning to the best of my knowledge. I was not there but I am sure it is accurate. It is just my opinion but this should not have happened.

To Tommy I say don't worry about it and thanks for all you do.
To Brian I say great job your an honorable person and I am glad to know you.
To the OTHER PERSON... I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO YOU.

From what I've heard, and what you've posted there are 2 completely different stories and I believe yours is not anywhere near accurate. Sounds like your judgement came from 1 side of the story.... If your side was accurate, then nobody would have withdrawn or DQ'd themselves......Also, if you knew the little backstory you might have a different view, but that's not for me to broadcast..... As for myself, I'm not going to make judgement or come on the forum bashing another angler without witnessing with my own eyes and be 100% accurate in knowing what happened. You stated yourself you were not there.... but you did make judgement and told the "other angler" to not enter local tournaments. Really... The other angler has more honesty in his little toe then most people. And to set your story straight I believe the "other angler" told the tournament director to do whatever he wanted to.....Sounds like an honest mistake was made and someone had to own up to it and since Brian made a mistake he owned up to it because it was the right thing to do.
The tournament director stated himself that those two docks have ALWAYS BEEN OFF LIMITS for his tournaments....
It sucks!!! Unfortunately, in random situations like this the director has to take the fall...
But don't come on here bashing others.... rant over!!!!

Congrats to the winners yesterday and to the AOY: Jake Marshall-congrats on a great year. fish

Byron
Re: Media Bass Cowtown Individuals at Eagle Mountain 6-10-2018 [Re: daman] #12788341 06/11/18 09:49 PM
T
TxFisherman03 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: Greenie
if he didn't know it was a rule how could he have broke it???

It's the anglers responsibility to know the rules...

Couldn't use this excuse with the game wardens. js

Byron
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide