Print Thread
Trout Support Lure/DVD's/Prep work #12734147 04/28/18 05:37 AM
L
Lindsey Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
L
Well it's that time again. I leave for my annual kayak fishing trip to Redfish Bay in 13 days. My gear has been organized almost to the point of insanity at this point, and I've been counting the hours for a week now. From May 11-19, I'll be a man obsessed. 12 hours a day will be my short days. 6am-8:30pm will be what I expect out of myself. When I sit and think about it and explain this to the non-angler, it sounds ridiculous. It's a game of attrition, perseverance, and mental toughness as much as it is a game of luck, skill, and enjoyment.

With all of this of course comes the knowledge and the tools necessary to win the days. I, like many people, started paddling and peddling the vast bays with very limited knowledge of what I was doing despite a bulldog's mentality. Simply put, I failed and it was frustrating. I knew tremendous catches were out there if I had the acquired skills and knowledge to execute. I had to do something.

Enter Tobin and Trout Support. I checked out the website and numerous testimonials. When I called Tobin, he answered. Not some rep, order taker, or salesman. I got a hold of El Jefe. We enthusiastically talked about our shared love of coastal fishing for 10 or 15 minutes, and I confidently and excitedly ordered the 4 pack of DVD's. The Find the Fish, Catch a Limit DVD is truly a must have. I learned a great deal from it and it literally put me on fish immediately. After my first trip with the new knowledge, it felt like I had spent my previous trips fishing blindfolded. You'll be shocked at how many things you can relate from the DVD's immediately.

It's been a few years since my purchase of the DVD's, and I have caught several personal best fish of several different species and my daily catch numbers have easily tripled. Quality fish too. This is exactly the kind of progression I was hoping for, and I have high expectations for this trip. Hopefully I'll execute.

The number one thing I have cursed over the years besides gale force winds is un-fishable sea grass. It can be the floating widgeon grass that gets bad on windy afternoons or the halodule grass on a shallow flat where you can see baitfish fleeing and gamefish busting. Jigs and topwaters quickly foul. Traditional soft plastics rigged weightless fly like a paper airplane when casted into a typical south Texas breeze. This is where I expect the TSL Grasswalker to really shine. Dense and substantial, these lures feel more like a Corky in your hand than a Bass Assassin. I will now have the ability to confidently and effectively tackle these frequently encountered grassy situations. Having long been a tackle fiend, I bought all 5 colors. Tobin even threw in a complimentary 5 pack of Chicken on a Chain. What a guy.

Over the years, we've exchanged emails on numerous occasions. He's replied with very informational, helpful tips and ideas to help ensure my success on the water. He treats people like fishing buddies rather than customers. I really appreciate all of his help.

Also, be sure to watch the YouTube clip on rigging the Grasswalker. I personally went with the screw-in Trokar 5/0 EWG hook, and Tobin recommends bending the shank of the hook until the point is aimed directly at the eye.

Good luck and tight lines.

Lindsey

I'm not a chick.
Re: Trout Support Lure/DVD's/Prep work [Re: Lindsey] #12750244 05/10/18 01:38 PM
T
TroutSupport.com Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Thanks Linds! there's been a bunch of great reviews coming in on the lure and i'll count this one as one as well.

Holla if you need anything,
t

110% Money Back Guarantee -Tons of Testimonials!

Speckled Trout/Redfish Instruction & DVD's - FREE Preview

Like us on Facebook
Re: Trout Support Lure/DVD's/Prep work [Re: Lindsey] #12763755 05/21/18 05:11 PM
T
TroutSupport.com Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I did pretty well on it 2 fridays ago. 12 trout to 25" and 2 reds. Bone and Pink. Working the lure slo with a slow 'worm fishing' like pull, followed by a couple twitches at the top. Set the hook hard guys. In fact I tighten my drag until right after the hookset and then back off. We have to learn something new to fish weedless lures in saltwater with light to med action rods. [img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics..._12.19.56_pm.pn[/img]

Like us on Facebook
Re: Trout Support Lure/DVD's/Prep work [Re: Lindsey] #12771023 05/27/18 01:33 PM
M
mark canfield Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Tobin,Thank you for all the help you gave me about a month ago. I to bought the 4 pack of DVD's AND a complete set of colors of his lures. Only problem that I have is that I haven't been able to get back to the marshes just yet to try out what I have learned.
But guys this is a NO BRAINER spend the money and talk with Tobin.He will get you all set and ready to go.
Thank you again Tobin,I wish everyone else handled their business the way you do,There would be FAR less stress in this world.

A VERY satisfied customer . Mark Canfield

Re: Trout Support Lure/DVD's/Prep work [Re: Lindsey] #12784836 06/08/18 02:34 PM
T
TroutSupport.com Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Thanks Mark. I really appreciate that.

t

Like us on Facebook
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide