Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12736168 04/30/18 11:10 AM
D
Dug71 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted By: pkskeetersr
Pk was crowded yesterday maybe the most bass boats I have seen in the 45 years I have been fishing it

Yep, I was there yesterday too and you will never catch me there on the weekend again. I thought Fork was bad but at least there aren't any 40' cruisers causing 3' swells at Fork. Love the lake and I'll be back but it won't be on the weekend.

We were on pk sat too and we had wake boats purposely throwing the biggest wake they could at us when we was trying to fish! One was running down the lake and seen us and came over right outside boats docks and slowed down the push the biggest wake he could then took off once he was passed us. What a deliberate A--hole!!

Last edited by Dug71; 04/30/18 11:11 AM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: Dug71] #12736185 04/30/18 11:37 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Dug71
Pk was crowded yesterday maybe the most bass boats I have seen in the 45 years I have been fishing it

Yep, I was there yesterday too and you will never catch me there on the weekend again. I thought Fork was bad but at least there aren't any 40' cruisers causing 3' swells at Fork. Love the lake and I'll be back but it won't be on the weekend.

We were on pk sat too and we had wake boats purposely throwing the biggest wake they could at us when we was trying to fish! One was running down the lake and seen us and came over right outside boats docks and slowed down the push the biggest wake he could then took off once he was passed us. What a deliberate A--hole!!

Too much money and too little sense. I was fishing in the mouth of Bluff Creek when a boat load of pleasure seekers let me know they own that area by causing a wake that came over the front of my boat. There was at least one tournament going on too. Parking was at a premium.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: JMac-D] #12736261 04/30/18 12:53 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
for the recent victims of wake boats,jet skis and ski boats,here's a little story that will make you say "I wish I was there to see that"...
years ago my son and I were fishing a long point that ran out and formed a saddle to an island...typically there is 8-10 ft of water on that saddle and boats can run safely across there....this was an oxbow lake off the Miss. river and the river was unusually low and the depth on that saddle was only a foot or so deep...
we saw a ski boat with people in it headed toward the saddle and I stood up and waved my arms at them trying to warn them about how shallow that water was.....they slowed down,came off plane and as they were making a circle,I heard one of them say "Sc*** that S.O.B.,he don't own the lake,go on through there"....and they got up on plane and tried....
and this "S.O.B." gets a laugh everytime he thinks about seeing all six of those ski-boaters out there wading around in knee deep mud dragging that ski-boat off that bar....

Last edited by beartrap; 04/30/18 12:58 PM.
Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: JMac-D] #12736304 04/30/18 01:15 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Yeah we saw 76 degree water yesterday. That's about the temp the "pleasure boaters" start venturing out.

Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12736311 04/30/18 01:20 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy

What are you thinking, going to a public lake on a weekend Ronnie? Isn't that one of the perks of being retired??

Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: JMac-D] #12736388 04/30/18 02:06 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
one of the great things about being retired is that you can go fishing any day you want to.......and.....you can not go fishing any day you don't want to....

Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: JMac-D] #12736427 04/30/18 02:29 PM
D
daddystog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
You could be having to put up with this,
Only boat launch on our lake and every nice evening you can't even get to the boat ramp much less use the boat dock, old gentleman about 70 was trying to load his Bassboat he had to beach it because they wouldn't move and let him use the boat slip and by time he was able to get backed through the crowd his boat had been washed up in the rocks on it's side by wakeboat waves and the wind, thought the old gentleman was going to tear up the sound the hull of his Triton was making as we were dragging it back through the rocks to get it loaded

Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: Ken A.] #12736853 04/30/18 07:18 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ken A.

What are you thinking, going to a public lake on a weekend Ronnie? Isn't that one of the perks of being retired??

Yeah it was a dumb move but I just got my boat running again after 6 weeks and couldn't wait. I do get impatient when it comes to fishing but I won't make that mistake again.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: daddystog] #12736856 04/30/18 07:20 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: daddystog
Only boat launch on our lake and every nice evening you can't even get to the boat ramp much less use the boat dock, old gentleman about 70 was trying to load his Bassboat he had to beach it because they wouldn't move and let him use the boat slip and by time he was able to get backed through the crowd his boat had been washed up in the rocks on it's side by wakeboat waves and the wind, thought the old gentleman was going to tear up the sound the hull of his Triton was making as we were dragging it back through the rocks to get it loaded

Is that in south Dallas ?

Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12736875 04/30/18 07:30 PM
B
Bass&More Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

Signage, problem solved de peep

Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: JMac-D] #12736957 04/30/18 08:18 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: Bass&More] #12736980 04/30/18 08:31 PM
J
JMac-D Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Bass&More

Signage, problem solved de peep

I wouldn't be fishing that lake

Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: rj74955] #12737061 04/30/18 09:24 PM
retdbasser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: rj74955

roflmao roflmao That's funny.

Prepare for the future-it will be here tomorrow.
Personal Best Large Mouth Bass 9 lbs. 12 oz 5/13/19.
Herb Stein, who famously reminded us that “if something can’t go on forever, it will stop.”
Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12737062 04/30/18 09:26 PM
retdbasser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

This is just plain stupid. rolleyes

Prepare for the future-it will be here tomorrow.
Personal Best Large Mouth Bass 9 lbs. 12 oz 5/13/19.
Herb Stein, who famously reminded us that “if something can’t go on forever, it will stop.”
Re: The Idiots are out today [Re: JMac-D] #12737370 05/01/18 01:37 AM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
These new surf boats that are all the rage right now dont even have a no wake speed. Cant imagine how its legal.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide