Forums59
Topics1,037,836
Posts13,935,340
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
murvall G2G..## POSTPONED##....due to wind and weather forecast. #12701047 04/03/18 03:13 PM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
The wind and weather is going to be terrible.... therefore we have decided to postpone and reschedule....I wanted to give all this who reserved cabins time to cancel....right now looks like may 19th is about the only weekend I have open in May...this should be a great time considering it is before school let's out and the facilities at the lake get full....y'all let me know what you think.

-Where?....We will be meeting at lake murvall...as far as directions go I wouldn't entirely trust your GPS...so here they are.. from hwy 315 at Clayton take hwy 1970 south.. take a right on Fm 1234 it dead ends at murvall marina.

-When?...(( Possibly May 19th)) we will have a fun tournament (7:00 till 12:00..details to follow).. and then a fish fry afterwards.

Even if you don't come to fish y'all come to fellowship and meet and greet and eat!

-Reminder...if you have booked a cabin, bring your own bedding and towels ect...also there are no coffee pots..( I'll try to have a couple pots brewed at the pavilion that morning)

Some of us will be coming in to fish Friday and staying the night...so hopefully we will have plenty of fresh fish...

-Other pertinent stuff...the only Gas around is at the corner store in Clayton
There is also a general doller there.

As far as restaurants go there is fuglers feed trough on 1970... Everything they have is excellent (breakfast lunch or dinner)
They also sell Minnows.

There is also a great BBQ joint on 1970 (if you can catch them open)

-The pavilion... is totally enclosed with roll up doors
It has a kitchen, showers, restrooms, as well as tables...( I'm covering the fee)

Y'all comment on here and let's get an official head count to see how many we are looking at serving, and what we need for sides ect

I will be bringing homade tarter sauce,and baked beans as well as a big thing of paper plates and aluminium pans.
My wife said she can make up a few pies.

Feel free to bring what you want...( However keep it family friendly)

If someone has a nice fish fryer that can cook a lot fast that would be great!

Also speak up if you are bringing a boat or need a back seat to fish out of.

-The tournament...hasn't been completely worked out yet...But I'm leaning towards a 7 fish limit per boat and fish as many people per boat as you want to or legally can ( this will depend on the boater/ non boater ratio).

A 25$ Academy gift card has been donated to be awarded to the person who catches the biggest (non crappie) trash fish noidea

Thanks... Troy

Last edited by TroyKing; 04/10/18 06:45 PM.

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: TroyKing] #12701119 04/03/18 03:55 PM
K
Ken Gaby Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
Sounds like it's gona be a great time. I do have an excuse though; I'm headed to deep south Texas for a nilgai hunt and a little fishing in the Laguna Madre. Y'all catch a bunch and eat plenty.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: Ken Gaby] #12701283 04/03/18 05:31 PM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
Sounds like it's gona be a great time. I do have an excuse though; I'm headed to deep south Texas for a nilgai hunt and a little fishing in the Laguna Madre. Y'all catch a bunch and eat plenty.

so your willing to trade a 45 lb black drum for a 3lb crappie? roflmao

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: TroyKing] #12701508 04/03/18 07:39 PM
K
Ken Gaby Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
Maybe an 8-9 lb trout. Or better still, a box full of mangrove snapper, super good eating.
However, a 3 lb crappie has a strong appeal.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: Ken Gaby] #12701552 04/03/18 08:02 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C

Take enough gun, those Nilgai are tough to bring down... slinger

So Troy, Rachel, Travis, and I will be there...I am coming in Friday, whenever I get there, so keep your phone charged and handy. Not sure about Rachel/Travis.

I think Crope1 and Roachie are staying with me, at least I have told them I there is a bed with their names on it...and I got the biggest room they offer...six beds or something...like that...

I am bringing my boat, As of now, Rachel/Travis are fishing with me...I told them the boat is leaving at daylight Saturday. Guess it depends on when they make it in...and if they get up early enough to catch the boat! I might be able to squeeze someone else in, if absolutely necessary...

Please DEFINE family friendly... roflmao

Hey, what are some good colors on that lake...besides menners, that is...

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: crapicat] #12701582 04/03/18 08:17 PM
C
CrappieXpress Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted By: crapicat

Take enough gun, those Nilgai are tough to bring down... slinger

So Troy, Rachel, Travis, and I will be there...I am coming in Friday, whenever I get there, so keep your phone charged and handy. Not sure about Rachel/Travis.

I think Crope1 and Roachie are staying with me, at least I have told them I there is a bed with their names on it...and I got the biggest room they offer...six beds or something...like that...

I am bringing my boat, As of now, Rachel/Travis are fishing with me...I told them the boat is leaving at daylight Saturday. Guess it depends on when they make it in...and if they get up early enough to catch the boat! I might be able to squeeze someone else in, if absolutely necessary...

Please DEFINE family friendly... roflmao

Hey, what are some good colors on that lake...besides menners, that is...

No fish will bite a jig there unless equipped with a crappie nibble..... just a little friendly tidbit

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: TroyKing] #12701584 04/03/18 08:18 PM
A
Abbott (MCM Tackle) Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Wish I could go, but come to find out I got to work that weekend.

Crapicat I will have your jigs done and out to you by then. I expect u to win the tourney on my jigs wink

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: TroyKing] #12701591 04/03/18 08:19 PM
C
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
C
Ill be there. Planning to fish Friday and Saturday at daylight both days. Wife will be with me on Friday but dont know about Saturday yet. I can bring sides and fish if needed. Please let me know whats needed. Can also bring paper plates utensils etc

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: TroyKing] #12701600 04/03/18 08:27 PM
Txmedic033 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Careful keeping ditch pickles on that lake because there is a slot.

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: Txmedic033] #12701677 04/03/18 09:03 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
Careful keeping ditch pickles on that lake because there is a slot.

So, fill me in, I need to know which ones I can keep for lunch/dinner...

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: TroyKing] #12701708 04/03/18 09:21 PM
Txmedic033 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
For largemouth bass, length limit is a 14-21 slot. Bass 14 inches and less or 21 inches or greater in length may be retained. Only one largemouth bass 21 inches or greater may be retained each day.

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: TroyKing] #12701879 04/03/18 11:12 PM
Three Nails Guide Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Sounds like a fun time. Wish I could make it

Mark Standridge
East Texas Crappie Guide
Fork Palestine
www.threenailsguide.com
www.facebook.com/threenailsguide
Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: TroyKing] #12702160 04/04/18 02:26 AM
B
bush hog Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Troy, let's just set a jar on the table for everyone to pitch in a little on the pavilion. No need in you paying for it by yourself. I'll bring a side dish and some jugs of tea. Is Jacob doing the cooking? You have my number so call if I can be of help.

To whom much is given, much is required.
Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: bush hog] #12702171 04/04/18 02:31 AM
C
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted By: bush hog
Troy, let's just set a jar on the table for everyone to pitch in a little on the pavilion. No need in you paying for it by yourself. I'll bring a side dish and some jugs of tea. Is Jacob doing the cooking? You have my number so call if I can be of help.

Agreed no need for you to cover it all.

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12702187 04/04/18 02:40 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Three Nails Guide
Sounds like a fun time. Wish I could make it

Want us to set a plate at the table, just in case?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide