Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: willyrdskillyrd] #12669949 03/13/18 03:21 AM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Here`s a thought.Just Maybe, & that`s a BIG maybe ,It`s possible he was running the creek channel itself! I know it not recomended to rely solely on the map charts for navigation but the creek channel leading into Ash is detailed on the Lowrance map chart but not on the Navionics map chart under the Chart options menu.I can`t speak about Humminbird because I don`t have a HB unit but He could`ve tried it once before,was successful, created his own trail,and when you saw him he was running his trail.I saw a guy do the same thing up in the NE arm of lake Aquilla in a stump field that I could`nt move five yds without bumping into something while on my troll mtr.Go Figure. hmmm

Last edited by Fishbonz; 03/13/18 03:33 AM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: Fishbonz] #12669990 03/13/18 03:49 AM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Yes sir. I use my Hummingbird to make my trails and I still never run fully wide open.
Thats how I made my trail running the south bank along with Keith Speers advice to do so.

Last edited by jig master; 03/13/18 03:49 AM.

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: jig master] #12670013 03/13/18 04:14 AM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: jig master
Yes sir. I use my Hummingbird to make my trails and I still never run fully wide open.
Thats how I made my trail running the south bank along with Keith Speers advice to do so.
Neither would I sir Thanks for confirming what I thought could be possible. That`s GOOD STUFF ! thumb BTW how`s Mr Speers I have`nt heard from him?

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: jig master] #12670086 03/13/18 10:12 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: jig master

I have a similar trail on my birds...the only problem is I seldom go without bumping a stump in certain areas, despite trying numerous alternative paths...finally figured out why...I have some bad pictures a friend took of the stump fields on the south side from the road, one day when we were out there earlier this year..if you saw them, you would probably troll through them...instead of using your motor...I couldnt believe how extensive and thick those stumps were at a couple areas. I need to get out there and find a better way through, while I can see the stumps one day when the wind is not so nasty.

Yea, Keith has been kinda quiet lately...the lake may have him messed up...

Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: Fishbonz] #12670094 03/13/18 10:30 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
Here`s a thought.Just Maybe, & that`s a BIG maybe ,It`s possible he was running the creek channel itself! I know it not recomended to rely solely on the map charts for navigation but the creek channel leading into Ash is detailed on the Lowrance map chart but not on the Navionics map chart under the Chart options menu.I can`t speak about Humminbird because I don`t have a HB unit but He could`ve tried it once before,was successful, created his own trail,and when you saw him he was running his trail.I saw a guy do the same thing up in the NE arm of lake Aquilla in a stump field that I could`nt move five yds without bumping into something while on my troll mtr.Go Figure. hmmm

Aquila, running fast...old dude wearing a cowboy hat? If so, probably Skipper...he grew up hauling hay in those fields before they flooded it...wish I had mapped the trails on Aquila, that he has in his head...

Hmmm, I dont know, but I just knew he was gonna crack that boat and die that day, and boy am I glad he didnt! He must have been running 70mph. One of the old locals, who has passed...told me the creek had huge cottonwood trees along the bank before they flooded it, which is why he never traveled the creek...personally, I have use The Navionics stuff on my birds, although I learned the path by visual observation, I mostly stay visual and just use the maps as an aid...that said, I am getting better at relying on the navionics trails, I have previously used...dont really trust them as much as visual on the lakes I know.

Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: crapicat] #12671485 03/14/18 01:27 AM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: crapicat
Originally Posted By: Fishbonz

Aquila, running fast...old dude wearing a cowboy hat? If so, probably Skipper...he grew up hauling hay in those fields before they flooded it...wish I had mapped the trails on Aquila, that he has in his head...

Hmmm, I dont know, but I just knew he was gonna crack that boat and die that day, and boy am I glad he didnt! He must have been running 70mph. One of the old locals, who has passed...told me the creek had huge cottonwood trees along the bank before they flooded it, which is why he never traveled the creek...personally, I have use The Navionics stuff on my birds, although I learned the path by visual observation, I mostly stay visual and just use the maps as an aid...that said, I am getting better at relying on the navionics trails, I have previously used...dont really trust them as much as visual on the lakes I know.
Naw this was`nt no Old dude. This guy looked to be in his 30`s in an Aluminum boat just HAULIN it! Came back the same way to. HAULIN IT! Didn`t slow down till he reached the bridge. OMG

Last edited by Fishbonz; 03/14/18 01:28 AM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: willyrdskillyrd] #12671574 03/14/18 02:20 AM
C
Creeksidelc Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
There is a trail on aquilla. Other than one 50 yrd stretch Ill run wide open from the no wake bouy at 1947 ramp to the very back of the creek almost in Hillsboro and won't hit a single stump. Haven't found an east to west one on Navarro though. Although there is a north to south through the stump field on the west side of lake.

Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: willyrdskillyrd] #12672316 03/14/18 04:48 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Hey Creeksidelc Aquilla has two creek arms. Aquilla Creek & Hackberry Creek. Which arm is on the East side that has the no wake buoy?

Last edited by Fishbonz; 03/14/18 04:49 PM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: Fishbonz] #12672413 03/14/18 05:43 PM
T
tech Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
T
I think he is talking about Hackberry, since it is by the 1947 ramp....

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone elses.
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: tech] #12672469 03/14/18 06:18 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: tech
I think he is talking about Hackberry, since it is by the 1947 ramp....
...well that`s the arm I saw this Guy go flyin thru! I wanted to go past the stump field to see if there was a clearing and get to the creek but my fishing pal & I just gave up after all that doggone Bumpidy Bumpidy mess I was getting on my troll mtr tryin to get back there so we just sat under the bridge and fished. Then all of a sudden here comes this....this GUY man!!! My buddy and I both looked at each other and could only shake our heads in disbelief huh roflmao

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: Creeksidelc] #12672474 03/14/18 06:21 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: Creeksidelc
There is a trail on aquilla. Other than one 50 yrd stretch Ill run wide open from the no wake bouy at 1947 ramp to the very back of the creek almost in Hillsboro and won't hit a single stump. Haven't found an east to west one on Navarro though. Although there is a north to south through the stump field on the west side of lake.
I sure wish I knew what you know pal! I looked on my Navionics & Lowrance mapping & I didn`t even find as much as a creek channel there! flehan

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: Fishbonz] #12672478 03/14/18 06:25 PM
T
tech Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
T
you and me both!

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone elses.
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: tech] #12672501 03/14/18 06:39 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: tech
you and me both!
I would loved to have stoped that feller and see if he would help me out but he was moving too fast and too far away from my position on the water.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: willyrdskillyrd] #12673035 03/15/18 01:05 AM
C
Creeksidelc Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Fishbonz. The bouy I'm talking about is right at the ramp at 1947 and thats the creek arm going east from there. The path isn't on any maps. I just found it when the lake was way down few yrs ago.

Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: Creeksidelc] #12673083 03/15/18 01:32 AM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: Creeksidelc
Fishbonz. The bouy I'm talking about is right at the ramp at 1947 and thats the creek arm going east from there. The path isn't on any maps. I just found it when the lake was way down few yrs ago.
WTG!! You sure were using your head.Good stuff Captn thumb

HE aka Fishbonz
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide