Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: elcoyote, esq.] #12665598 03/09/18 09:04 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.
I was out as soon as you said to give up carbs and rice and stuff.

I go light on carbs. I still eat fruit and wild rice or quinoa occasionally during the week. I think once I get down to my goal weight I'll be able to slowly start to reintroduce some regular carbs in moderation. In general though I'm still eating enough variety and enough "good" carbs that I don't feel awful during the week.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Jpurdue] #12666372 03/10/18 03:22 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I
I "sugared" up this morning with chocolate covered twist donuts and my sugar/Carnation cream coffee.

My stomach doesn't feel so good right now, but my taste buds are pretty happy.

Luckily, I'll get in a good workout in, say, 2 hours.

...------

Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Jpurdue] #12666497 03/10/18 06:17 PM
adam_p Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I quit eating sugar and carbs last January. I started around 320lbs and I'm sitting at 240 right now.

I always thought it was overboard when parents wouldn't let their kids have candy or soda, now I realize they were doing it right all along. Now I cringe at what is in people's carts at the grocery store.

Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Jpurdue] #12666513 03/10/18 06:35 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
I lost 67 pounds in 4 months eating carbs twice a day: 2 slices of bread at lunch and 2 oz of either rice or pasta at dinner

900 calories a day

No red meat or pork

No alcohol whatsoever

No cheating whatsoever

Walk 75 minutes every day

Calories babe, its all about the calories

[Linked Image]

Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: T Bird] #12666978 03/11/18 02:21 AM
T
Trickster Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
T
Originally Posted By: T Bird
I got a workout just reading this. roflmao
It took me 4 beers. I did try to make sure I understood it though.

Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Scagnetti] #12667293 03/11/18 12:21 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Scagnetti
I lost 67 pounds in 4 months eating carbs twice a day: 2 slices of bread at lunch and 2 oz of either rice or pasta at dinner

900 calories a day

No red meat or pork

No alcohol whatsoever

No cheating whatsoever

Walk 75 minutes every day

Calories babe, its all about the calories

900 calories? I burn that much fuel before lunch.

900 calories is hard to believe!! nuts

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Jpurdue] #12667314 03/11/18 12:54 PM
J
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
I'll try and do a weekly post to keep the group updated on progress and insights.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Jpurdue] #12667360 03/11/18 01:58 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
As someone else said mindset is/was key to your success. That can the toughest obstacle. You have proof your method worked and continues to work for you. Long term sustainability and lifestyle change is challenging. Congrats and continued success.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Jpurdue] #12674237 03/15/18 05:55 PM
J
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
I've got a weigh in tomorrow. I'll update you guys. Been a tough week. My two year old had a birthday party and the wife had all kinds of people over. I wound up killing a couple cans of Guinness. Last night, I had to head out with the boss after work and did the same. I normally don't drink during the week at all. Good news is I've been eating super clean and have about 27 miles in so far this week. I should get another 7 in before my weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to break into the 180's for the first time in 8 years.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Jpurdue] #12675344 03/16/18 12:32 PM
J
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
189.8 lbs this morning. This is my first time below 190 since about 2010. I had to get back on the cardio equipment twice this morning after my workout to get below 190. I'll take it though. 35 miles so far for the week and still have the weekend ahead of me.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Jpurdue] #12689301 03/26/18 12:07 PM
J
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
188.1 as of last Friday. Going to give it hell this week, hoping to drop down below 185. My goal is 175 then to start really focusing on building muscle. I'm also kicking around the idea of running a marathon.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Jpurdue] #12689362 03/26/18 12:55 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
I'm also kicking around the idea of running a marathon.

Just do it! Most fun I had in many many years...I love the preparation up part uo to the finish line and after! The training alone will knock out those pounds quickly!

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Jpurdue] #12695886 03/30/18 01:43 PM
J
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
184.7 this week. I did a little bit of a weight cut though as I wrapped up a competition with friends. I imagine a solid 2 of the 4lbs I lost was water weight. Next stop 175, hopefully by mid May.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Jpurdue] #12921096 10/03/18 01:51 PM
J
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Long time since I've done an update here. Currently sitting at 190lbs, so by and large I've kept off the vast majority of the weight. Down 32 pounds and holding since I started January 1st.

I'm doing a hard push this month to drop down below 180lbs. By year end I'd like to end up at about 175 and start really focusing on building muscle. I'm 36, and feel like building muscle is vastly harder than it used to be. I had my testosterone checked just to make sure that wasn't an issue. I was right down the middle of the road. I guess I just need to buckle down on lifting.

The only real change to my workout regiment has been the addition of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 1-2 times per week. Fantastic cardio and very helpful with flexibility and overall functional strength.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Get Fit Plan - (Long Post) [Re: Jpurdue] #12921315 10/03/18 04:10 PM
M
MTH82 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Just came across this thread. Neat to hear and way to go.
Similar to you, about two years ago I just felt unhealthy. I weighed myself out of curiosity for the first time since probably high school and came in at 318. No idea I weighed that much. I was completely shocked and appalled. Right then I decided that was unacceptable and would do something about it.
I had always been fairly big. Played offensive line in school, worked out a ton, but never really lost weight, but never really put a lot of effort into doing so either.
Like you, I'm 36, several kids, demanding work, etc. When I decided that I was going to lose weight I knew I couldn't possibly do what you do. I may be able to keep that up for a while, but knew it was not sustainable. That appears to be the sentiment of several people on this thread and statistically that's the case for most people.
I have always known that you burn roughly 100 calories per mile that you run, etc. I do know that that there are other benefits to exercise and it can help increase your metabolism, etc. I had worked out fairly hard since I was a teenager and never lost weight. In fact, working out always made me really hungry. So, my thought process was instead of running a mile, just don't drink that Coke, or eat that cookie. Essentially, instead of having that burden of working out, just don't eat those calories that you would burn while working out and take in less calories than you would burn in an average day.
My problem was never sweets and stuff like that. I just ate all that was in front of me, like I was told to growing up. I'd get full, but just kind of kept eating until whatever it was, was gone.
As odd as it sounds, I started off thinking about the skinny women I knew and what they probably ate in a day. They weren't dying of starvation, so I decided to eat like one of them would. In the first week or two I probably lost 10 pounds. After that I put more thought into it. Knowing that it was a caloric intake thing I decided to loosely follow my intake. I treated it like a bank account. As little as I could spend a day the better. Some days I'd eat less that 500 calories, others I'd do substantially more, but at the end of the week/month I was consuming a ton less than what I had previously.
I have always liked good food and drink and I knew if I deprived myself of those things the weigh loss thing wouldn't be sustainable. So, I still eat a burger, but instead of a cheese burger and fries, I eat a hamburger. Instead of a 12" sub and chips, I get a 6" sub no cheese. I still drink all thing things I want - alcoholic drinks, which again, was a thing I wasn't going to deprive myself of, but haven't had an orange juice, regular Coke, etc. since I started this thing. When I started January of 2016 I was 318, now I'm 190. I actually put on a few pounds because I thought I was looking too skinny.
Overall, I'm a firm believer any diet is a calorie intake vs. calorie burn equation. You can do that a ton of different ways, just like Jpurdue has. At the end of the day, it's what's best for that person. Busting my rear in the gym and not having a good drink is not for me. People should just keep in mind there are a lot of ways to burn more calories than you take in to lose weigh and to just think it through and determine what would be best for you.
Congrats, Jpurdue.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide