Print Thread
motorguide pinpoint gps #12638181 02/21/18 12:16 AM
S
stretch Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
I'm looking at buying a used motorguide xi5 with gps. How do I know if it is the latest greatest version of gps? I recall reading somewhere that the original version wasnt that great.

Re: motorguide pinpoint gps [Re: stretch] #12638343 02/21/18 01:36 AM
shut-up-and-fish Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I believe you are confusing the latest greatest version with the Minn Kota 1st generation spot lock GPS anchor system. The MotorGuide xi5 has had the same system from day one which holds very well I might add.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: motorguide pinpoint gps [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12638540 02/21/18 03:30 AM
S
stretch Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

I believe you are confusing the latest greatest version with the Minn Kota 1st generation spot lock GPS anchor system. The MotorGuide xi5 has had the same system from day one which holds very well I might add.

That is very possible...thanks for the help. How l9ng has the xi5 been on the market?

Re: motorguide pinpoint gps [Re: stretch] #12640253 02/22/18 01:49 AM
shut-up-and-fish Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

For 2018 MotorGuide has made some adjustments/modifications by introducing the new Xi3 series. The Xi5 continues to be the backbone of the anchor feature "Pinpoint" trolling motors for MotorGuide. The Xi3 will be your lower end class motor in terms of your lower pound thrust, volts, and shaft length.

The Xi5 was introducer in early summer of 2013.

MotorGuide, a trusted fishing brand with more than 50 years of experience engineering and manufacturing trolling motors, announces the delivery this fall of its innovative Xi5 wireless electric-steer trolling motor to customers. The Xi5 is the first in a series of reliable trolling motors that feature sought-after angler-focused characteristics, including quiet operation, rugged construction, precision control and easy-to-stow-and-deploy features.

“The Xi5 is the result of listening to our customers and delivering a product based on their needs.” said Ben Curtis, category director for MotorGuide. “Xi5 provides reliable, quiet power in a way that allows the angler to navigate precisely while spending more time fishing and less time worrying about controlling his trolling motor.”

Wireless operation is not an add-on for the MotorGuide Xi5 – it’s built in. Freshwater models come standard with a wireless foot pedal featuring intuitive heel-toe steering control. Controls are positioned to provide easy trolling-motor navigation that allows the angler to focus on fishing.

Saltwater models come standard with an easy-to-use wireless handheld remote. The remote, along with included lanyard, provides a lightweight and convenient method to precisely control the trolling motor. Both the foot pedal and handheld remote are available as optional accessories for users who prefer multiple sources of control.

The Xi5 is built tough with features such as fully encapsulated digital electronics, stainless steel hardware, and a virtually indestructible composite shaft. MotorGuide is so confident in the ruggedness and reliability of Xi5 that it is backed by a two-year factory warranty and an impressive lifetime warranty on the composite shaft.

Quiet operation is an understatement with the Xi5. From its smooth-spinning two-blade Safari weedless propeller, to the ultra-quiet steering motor and solid locking linkages, the Xi5 is one of the quietest trolling motors ever built – above and below the waterline.

The Xi5 is offered in 12, 24 and 36-volt models with thrusts ranging from 55 pounds to 105 pounds in freshwater and saltwater versions in a variety of shaft lengths.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: motorguide pinpoint gps [Re: stretch] #12647255 02/26/18 01:51 PM
BlueNitro Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I love my Xi5 and would strongly recommend it to anyone! I would also recommend the LiftSaver to mount the Xi5 (or the MK Terrova, Ulterra, Riptide) which addresses all the issues with mounting these electric steer trolling motors.

Check out the LiftSaver at www.liftsavertmmount.com and shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide