Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Stereo question [Re: Mike Keenan] #12629223 02/15/18 03:25 PM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
I'd argue there is a reason stuff can also be overpriced. Some people can only hear through their wallet.

Re: Stereo question [Re: Samsonsworld] #12629557 02/15/18 06:28 PM
S
Stump jumper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Samsonsworld
I'd argue there is a reason stuff can also be overpriced. Some people can only hear through their wallet.

this is especially true with HDMI cables. No one can tell the difference between a $5 one and a $40 but Best Buy sells the expensive ones all day long. Some people automatically equate price with quality. A lot of times price just means a larger advertising budget.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Stereo question [Re: Samsonsworld] #12629763 02/15/18 08:08 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

I agree to an extent. I have seen both. Expensive for no reason, and expensive because it is VERY well made. I have customers that want the most expensive because they have the money. I also have some that want the best money can buy. They very seldom are the same.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Stereo question [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12629894 02/15/18 09:22 PM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

I agree to an extent. I have seen both. Expensive for no reason, and expensive because it is VERY well made. I have customers that want the most expensive because they have the money. I also have some that want the best money can buy. They very seldom are the same.

What you're doing is art. I didn't mean any disrespect if I came off wrong. If you have it, spend it.

Re: Stereo question [Re: Samsonsworld] #12630204 02/16/18 01:00 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

What you're doing is art. I didn't mean any disrespect if I came off wrong. If you have it, spend it.

nah....I get it.

Thanks for the art comment. My only problems these last few years is trying to be creative. I been doing this gig for 32 years. Thousands of custom cars. Trying to be creative without getting lazy is harder every year. Equipment gets cheaper, my costs of living are soaring. It gets tough to actually be able to afford to spend time on custom work. Customers can't understand why it costs them $2000 and up for a custom console/enclosure for a speaker that, sometimes, cost only a couple hundred bucks. I might have more in materials than equipment. Often actually.

No lack of work though. Haha. I am running about 1-1/2 YEARS behind. Honestly. Crazy. ....and the customers I get don't mind waiting. Right now, in my area of the shop I'm at, I have 11 vehicles I am working on. Some are waiting on parts, some are waiting on vendors to supply one off custom parts, some are just waiting on me to quit posting on the forum or fishing. Lol.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Stereo question [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12631493 02/16/18 06:55 PM
N
nitroslim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N

nah....I get it.

Thanks for the art comment. My only problems these last few years is trying to be creative. I been doing this gig for 32 years. Thousands of custom cars. Trying to be creative without getting lazy is harder every year. Equipment gets cheaper, my costs of living are soaring. It gets tough to actually be able to afford to spend time on custom work. Customers can't understand why it costs them $2000 and up for a custom console/enclosure for a speaker that, sometimes, cost only a couple hundred bucks. I might have more in materials than equipment. Often actually.

No lack of work though. Haha. I am running about 1-1/2 YEARS behind. Honestly. Crazy. ....and the customers I get don't mind waiting. Right now, in my area of the shop I'm at, I have 11 vehicles I am working on. Some are waiting on parts, some are waiting on vendors to supply one off custom parts, some are just waiting on me to quit posting on the forum or fishing. Lol.

That's awesome work. My current f150 is the first truck I have not done a full system in myself. ( nothing like you do ) My 2011 Ram had all Kenwood Excelon except for the subs, I was running a shallow box under the rear seat, with two alpine 10s. No wires to be seen, could see the edge of the box under the rear seat but same color carpet. The box was a down fire and I liked it better then some of the others I have had.

Your stuff is way out of my league. I just like to tinker.

Re: Stereo question [Re: nitroslim] #12631595 02/16/18 07:51 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

Thanks for the comments. But it ain't out of your league. You just have to take your time and know the tricks.

I'm working in a 65 Cadillac that's gonna be crazy when done. It's of course, got a killer audio system, but in this one I have also suicided the door, built an entire new fiberglass dash, center console, door panels, four 18-way power bucket seats, air ride on 28's (tucking the entire wheel), etc.

It's gonna be in SEMA both for Summit next year. Along with a 70 Chevelle that I just finished. The Chevelle had Mercedes S550 dash gauge "screens" and air vents. ....and of course the 640 big block and late model GTO seats and door panels.

....all the while, I have my Skeeter hitched up waiting on going to the lake asap. Haha.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Stereo question [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12632410 02/17/18 04:25 AM
M
Mike Keenan Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
M
Taco tunes.

Cheap ID woofers and components with unregulated digital micro sized amps.

There is a reason the stuff is cheap.

But, having been in this business for 32 years, I know most people couldn't hear the difference between $100 speakers and Focals $10,000 beryllium Grand Utopia Be components. Most people are tone def. haha. <<< just kiddin

If you are gonna go on a budget, at least choose Rockford Fosgate stuff. It sounds great, is budget friendly, and doesn't break.

I just want the best I can afford.... I would like to get the Pioneer I-Play and go from there. Maybe include a back up camera, so I can see what I am backing up too...

R.I.P. Mike "pappy" "broken rod" Green born 07-16-62 on to better fishing 06-10-08.
www.basscat.com

Re: Stereo question [Re: Mike Keenan] #12632551 02/17/18 01:25 PM
S
spankyttx Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
pioneer mechless head units were rated top of the line a few months back for their tuners so your good there, i've always like pioneer anyway. i like my alpine speakers, i'm running both r and x series, i like the components for the front because i think the single coils just sound so much cleaner, as far as subs and amps, i went with jbl subs and a kenwood amp, i wanted 4 ohm subs but my son said 2 ohm, i like 4 ohm for the versatility and i think sounded better with less distortion at wide open throttle, just my 2cents

LI-SI-WI-NWI
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide