Forums59
Topics1,038,777
Posts13,952,588
Members144,176
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Mark Perry] #12625668 02/13/18 05:32 PM
T
Trickster Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
T
Impressive. Congrats to both you and your wife.

Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Mark Perry] #12625699 02/13/18 05:47 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

The biggest key to me is adjusting your "want to". You have to really want to do it. It simply has to be a priority. At least it is that way with me. I don't feel as if I am missing much when it comes to eating. I really have no cravings and to me its perfectly natural to eat like I do. I don't starve myself or get too extreme. I just eat as clean as I can as much as I can. its that simple.

Factored in with the active lifestyle this is a WINNING COMBO for a long healthy life!

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Mark Perry] #12625833 02/13/18 07:01 PM
krawlin 47 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Eating right and working out 18 hours a week will do it....but its hard to do. I am sure you can attest to that.

Must be a way of life to make the dramatic change - your doctor does not have any concern with dropping weight that fast?

So amazing....big league commitment for sure and certainly helps to have your wife on board no doubt!

Congrats Mark!

Whether you think you can or you can't, you are probably right.
Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: krawlin 47] #12626695 02/14/18 02:30 AM
M
Mike Keenan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Mark,
Very proud of you, the diet is difficult for some people myself included. What does your typical breakfast consist of Oatmeal, eggs or a special high protein?

Also are you doing cardio before weights or after? I am trying to find a happy medium...

I have gotten up to 250 pounds, I have to get back to 215 or less if I want to get back into a uniform...

R.I.P. Mike "pappy" "broken rod" Green born 07-16-62 on to better fishing 06-10-08.
www.basscat.com

Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Mark Perry] #12626720 02/14/18 02:37 AM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
SO AWESOME MARK!!!!! What a story. Keep on keeping on brother!!!

LET’S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Mike Keenan] #12626834 02/14/18 03:37 AM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan
Mark,
Very proud of you, the diet is difficult for some people myself included. What does your typical breakfast consist of Oatmeal, eggs or a special high protein?

Also are you doing cardio before weights or after? I am trying to find a happy medium...

I have gotten up to 250 pounds, I have to get back to 215 or less if I want to get back into a uniform...

I usually have a banana, couple spoons of homemade peanut butter and protein shake. Never been a big breakfast guy so my goal is to get something in my stomach to get the day going. First thing I do though before I eat is drink a glass/bottle of cold water. Eat then throughout the day I also drink another 4 glasses or so. Last thing before I go to bed is to drink a glass as well. I am a big fan of staying hydrated. Just feel a lot better when I am. I drink water as needed when working out. I will change up breakfast a bit here and there but that is my usual. Sometimes I will eat an orange and a few slices of smoked turkey instead of the banana.
I let hunger be my judge in regards to eating more or less each day.

I like cardio first to get warmed up etc. Sometimes I will do cardio before and after. I just let me body tell me how its going each day in that regard. I will say I am doing more cardio than lifting probably. I use the elevation feature on the treadmill as well as the stairmaster when I want a true fat burning session.Also getting more into HIIT as well though I am just a novice and sticking with the basics.

Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: krawlin 47] #12626844 02/14/18 03:41 AM
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: krawlin 47
Eating right and working out 18 hours a week will do it....but its hard to do. I am sure you can attest to that.

Must be a way of life to make the dramatic change - your doctor does not have any concern with dropping weight that fast?

So amazing....big league commitment for sure and certainly helps to have your wife on board no doubt!

Congrats Mark!

Some weeks its a bit less, others its about 18hrs. Just depends on what I have going on and my mood when I get to the gym. I have had the same Dr. for over 25 years and trust him 100%. He has no issue with it or if he does he has not mentioned it to me. He is not a fan of surgeries, fad diets or stimulants. He prefers his patients use sweat equity to lose it if they are physically capable.

Its definitely hard to maintain that schedule but again it is how I have to approach it if I want to be succesful. I truly believe in the words that Eric Thomas speaks when he says you have to want it more than you want to breathe. Goes with anything that takes effort in life. If you want it you got to be willing to do the work to get it. I get asked a lot how I do it and honestly I think most want a shortcut or a magic bullet...there really are none.

Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Mark Perry] #12627113 02/14/18 12:49 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Firstly, you are to be commended on your weight loss story.....so did you put all your weight back on from the first time you lost so much weight, several years back? I didn't think you had 200lbs on ya. If you lost 100lbs again, you would weigh 100lbs. Don't think that is the case....I enjoy reading about your journey. You are a very dedicated and motivated individual when you put your mind to doing something. I'm 57, and each year gets harder to lose weight for me. Last year, I had a phenomenal year in my books...started at 259 and got to 229. Although, now I weigh 238. Holiday was not good this year, but trying to get back at it. Skiing injury over Christmas has limited my workouts but I'm getting over the everyday pain, so fixing to hit it again. Positive results for me for weight loss is eat less, exercise more, drink lots of water and do not eat after 7pm at night.

Keep up the great work and keep posting....you may be inspiring more people than you think. thumb

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Okie Poke] #12627612 02/14/18 05:07 PM
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Firstly, you are to be commended on your weight loss story.....so did you put all your weight back on from the first time you lost so much weight, several years back? I didn't think you had 200lbs on ya. If you lost 100lbs again, you would weigh 100lbs. Don't think that is the case....I enjoy reading about your journey. You are a very dedicated and motivated individual when you put your mind to doing something. I'm 57, and each year gets harder to lose weight for me. Last year, I had a phenomenal year in my books...started at 259 and got to 229. Although, now I weigh 238. Holiday was not good this year, but trying to get back at it. Skiing injury over Christmas has limited my workouts but I'm getting over the everyday pain, so fixing to hit it again. Positive results for me for weight loss is eat less, exercise more, drink lots of water and do not eat after 7pm at night.

Keep up the great work and keep posting....you may be inspiring more people than you think. thumb

I did initially lose a lot of weight back in 2012. I kept it off pretty well till around summer of 2016. It started creeping back up and I kept procrastinating as far as getting back in the gym. Then 2017 hit and we had probably our roughest year as a whole family. Lost too many family members and some close friends etc last year. Just seemed every week someone passed away or had something bad going on. I kept procrastinating and put a lot of that initial weight back on. Poor eating habits and laziness on my part. I had to own that and admit that I needed to do something about it so I did.

I don't feel as if its been as hard to lose this time as the first time. i think I learned a lot from that first experience. More importantly I learned that just because the weight comes off does not mean the fight is over.It will be something I have to keep a close eye on for the rest of my life.

I am wired a certain way in that when I set my mind to do something I don't really see obstacles and don't get caught up in a lot of self doubt. I just work at it till I get to where I want to be. More times than not it works for me.

Not to sound funny but there is a line from a song I really like that relates to the way I see things like this....

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach

Just sums it all up for me.

Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Mark Perry] #12627667 02/14/18 05:35 PM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
And just in time for bikini season! bolt

LET’S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Mark Perry] #12627704 02/14/18 05:48 PM
Nocona Brian Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
That's quite the accomplishment, very awesome and motivating. cheers

At one time last summer I'd broke 60lbs lost, from when I started in Jan of 16. I've started a new job, and it should allow for alittle more work out time, along with being a whole lot more active throughout the day, goal is to break the 200 mark by Aug, that'd be 70.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Nocona Brian] #12628702 02/15/18 03:23 AM
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: NoconaBrian
That's quite the accomplishment, very awesome and motivating. cheers

At one time last summer I'd broke 60lbs lost, from when I started in Jan of 16. I've started a new job, and it should allow for alittle more work out time, along with being a whole lot more active throughout the day, goal is to break the 200 mark by Aug, that'd be 70.

I bet you reach your goal without any issues at all.

Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Mark Perry] #12629558 02/15/18 06:28 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Thanks...It's actually fun getting back in shape. If I can anyone at all don't hesitate to ask. Our bodies are all different but I will share what has worked for me. Thanks again

Didn't you go through a massive weight loss some years back?

[Linked Image]

Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Mark Perry] #12629821 02/15/18 08:46 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Brian and Mark great work guys.

Very inspiring. I set out to lose 35lbs and am well on my way. That sounded daunting at the start but what you guys have done is really impressive and makes that seem easy.

I am about half way to my goal and I know I can finish it. If yall can do it... #METOO ha ha

Re: This will be the week I break the 100lbs lost mark [Re: Scagnetti] #12630168 02/16/18 12:31 AM
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: Scagnetti
Thanks...It's actually fun getting back in shape. If I can anyone at all don't hesitate to ask. Our bodies are all different but I will share what has worked for me. Thanks again

Didn't you go through a massive weight loss some years back?

Answered that earlier in post.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide