texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,755
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
New Skeeter Questions #12626880 02/14/18 04:02 AM
R
Ranger205 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
R
Looking at the new ZX's and love the new deck layout. My hesitation comes from everything else in so far as the package from Skeeter. I've run Mercury for 15 yrs but as long as the motor has warranty ok. I much prefer my birds over Lowrance and my Talons over PP'S. The final dislike is the color options. With all this being said.... can you order Skeeter with Birds and Talons (as you could a custom color) from the factory without being gouged. Sure I realize the cost will increase. Anyone with first hand knowledge ?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: New Skeeter Questions [Re: Ranger205] #12627366 02/14/18 02:56 PM
White Oak Skeeter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I was in a similar situation, wanting Humminbirds and not wanting to keep the Lowrance units on the new Skeeter I purchased. I also had Talons previously and felt like I wanted them again. So, I played with the Power Poles and discovered I loved them. I had Fun N Sun swap the Lowrance units for Humminbird. When all was said and done, I came out right at even. Only downside is that I still have a Lowrance trans on the stern of the boat. If you are wanting to deal with Skeeter factory, I'd tell you to call them, or go to Kilgore, to see what they can do. Super nice folks and either them or Fun N Sun will take care of you, I'm sure. It's just all part of the negotiations. Plus, the tour of the plant in Kilgore is well worth the drive. Stop at Country Tavern and make a neat day of it.
And, yep, all the negatives I've heard about the new ZX deck layout had me concerned. Fished out of the new boat now for over a month, and I love everything about it!!

Re: New Skeeter Questions [Re: Ranger205] #12627466 02/14/18 03:42 PM
R
reinke Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Good luck with that. I tried to order a fx from Skeeter. Called all the popular dealerships listed here on the TFF and Skeeter office. Giant pain in the butt. No one would call back from the main office and none of the dealerships would take the order. All the dealerships told me to take the boat the way it sits and sell what I did not want and replace it with what I wanted. They were not going to change it out. I was willing to pay more for what I wanted because this was going to be the last new boat I purchase so wanted it set up right in the colors I wanted. I did find a boat close to what I was looking for after a lot of searching. No help from Skeeter.

Re: New Skeeter Questions [Re: Ranger205] #12627791 02/14/18 06:28 PM
R
reelswift Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Do not let the small stuff interfere with getting a new boat. With that said I truly understand your issues as I too have favored the Merc's. I understand that the SHO's have worked out the early oil making problems & crank bearing issues.

Team LVS34
Captain WNB
Re: New Skeeter Questions [Re: Ranger205] #12627838 02/14/18 06:53 PM
Donald Harper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
The dealership should make all changes that you are wanting; but don't expect them exchange things. It will be up to you to sell those items most likely.

I dislike the new front deck. 7 lids on the deck, makes all with a much smaller opening. I had to take out all tackle tray dividers and still have a table full of stuff that will not fit through the small doors in front of the driver console. Had to purchase a short handle paddle to fit in there. My telescoping lure retriever will not fit in any accept the main rod box. I liked the 5 large lid system much better. The day box in front of the passenger console shorten that rod box lid by more than a foot. What it did accomplish was strengthening the center boxes for walking on the front deck. I would advise a single console for some extra floor space.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: New Skeeter Questions [Re: reinke] #12627850 02/14/18 06:58 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: reinke
Good luck with that. I tried to order a fx from Skeeter. Called all the popular dealerships listed here on the TFF and Skeeter office. Giant pain in the butt. No one would call back from the main office and none of the dealerships would take the order. All the dealerships told me to take the boat the way it sits and sell what I did not want and replace it with what I wanted. They were not going to change it out. I was willing to pay more for what I wanted because this was going to be the last new boat I purchase so wanted it set up right in the colors I wanted. I did find a boat close to what I was looking for after a lot of searching. No help from Skeeter.

Might have something to do with this? If they can't power them they can't sell them.

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/...er#.WoSGerynHX4

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: New Skeeter Questions [Re: fouzman] #12627875 02/14/18 07:10 PM
R
reinke Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Nope boat was purchased just over a year ago.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide