Forums59
Topics1,037,854
Posts13,935,657
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Shallow Waters] #12626298 02/13/18 11:12 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Shallow Waters
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
If you're feeling frisky and want to get it on with the pro's jump onto the field the next time the Cowboy's play. thumb

No thanks, but I may throw the ball around down on the field after the game.

Go ahead, hope I'm there to watch when the security guards chase you, lol, but I get your point. difference is the game is over. The game wasn't over when those guys got on Tak's field. Look, you do what you feel like doing and you will not get arrested for fishing their spots before, during or after the day is over. Just hope it doesn't change the outcome. Uh oh time to go dinner is ready. Have a goodun. Later tater.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12626301 02/13/18 11:14 PM
E
eagle 2 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
E
I mentioned this earlier, it is quite possible the person coming in behind the pro and wearing out his spot, may have been doing it intentionally, to intentionally ruin the prosperity of it possibly for the next day, maybe this guy was a fan of some other angler in the top 5? Anything is possible.

I will be back. I'm never truly gone.....Last post by Brad RIP

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12626321 02/13/18 11:31 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
If you're feeling frisky and want to get it on with the pro's jump onto the field the next time the Cowboy's play. thumb

No thanks, but I may throw the ball around down on the field after the game.

Go ahead, hope I'm there to watch when the security guards chase you, lol, but I get your point. difference is the game is over. The game wasn't over when those guys got on Tak's field. Look, you do what you feel like doing and you will not get arrested for fishing their spots before, during or after the day is over. Just hope it doesn't change the outcome. Uh oh time to go dinner is ready. Have a goodun. Later tater.

Got it, and fair point about it not being over in your eyes. I would never be on the lake during an elite event and wouldn't be in this situation, but I also wouldn't expect people not fish an area because I was there for the next 4 days.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12626331 02/13/18 11:40 PM
B
basscaster46 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

The difference is when another pro in most sports or most people doing their job you can not influence what they are doing like fishing. I guess if I am a pro baseball player not just everyone can come in my place and hit a 100 MPH fast ball. I think most all of us if we sit around and watch a pro fisherman fish a spot, can figure out how to catch those same fish. We will sore mouth them were the pro can not come back the next day and win a tournament he needs to win to feed his family. The difference is a person gets the inside on where and what these pros or doing to catch fish that you will not get from watching a football game or soccer because most of us where never good enough to play pro sports we just wish we where and no matter how much we watch it we will never do what they are doing. We can watch a pro fisherman enough to catch the fish he is catching and where to catch them and what time of day the same with guides. I guess from my stand point BIG difference in fishing pro's and other sports and business men doing their job. just my .02

Fair enough, and a valid argument, thank you for not just resorting to name calling and bullying like the old timers on here that think every should be like minded.

I would say this though, if the argument is that everyone can replicate what the Pro Fisherman is doing after watching them, then why arent we all good enough to be Pro's. I believe there is something these guys do, and figure out, that make them that much better then me at catching fish. This seems like a good example because it didnt actually keep Tak from catching fish the next day. It would be like me hitting a fast ball, but not a 100 MPH fast ball. Every now and then, if i close my eyes and just swing across the plate then I might connect with a 100 MPH fastball, but it isnt likely.

And as for the business men doing their job, it was everyone else on here that kept saying this was the Pro Fisherman's job and how he feeds his family, does that not make it their business?

And thank you to Ken for continuing to respond with no argument of your own, and you too Gig'em for piggy backing.

You're welcome dude anytime, Ken just beat me to it. Let's face it, you got surrounded like General Custer. You want an argument for my point of view, here you go. No other sport allows spectators on the field of play except professional fishing. Those who do follow these pro's while they try to make a living do so for various reasons, some just to observe but others want to catch their fish and therein could change the outcome of the tournament which in my mind is flat out wrong. These guys fishing Tak's spot after he left for the day reminds me of Steve Bartman. If the name doesn't ring a bell google it. Because he interfered in a MLB championship game it most likely caused the Chicago Cubs a World Championship. Things turned out different for Tak because he had such a big lead going into the final day but it could have turned out much different. Tak had been in a slump and really needed and deserved the win. I won't make any excuses for you or anyone else who thinks it's ok to interfere in any sport. Just because they legally let you on their playing field doesn't give anyone the right to interfere in their business and possibly change the outcome. If you're feeling frisky and want to get it on with the pro's jump onto the field the next time the Cowboy's play. thumb

These guys are fishing public lakes get over it . Most people could care less about any of this.
J D stir

I got all day I’m retired
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12626388 02/14/18 12:42 AM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Someone a couple pages back said that they personally witnessed Tak poaching guides holes on Fork. Shouldnt the same standard apply to them also. The pros cant complain about something they practice just because they are on the short end of it.Not a tourney but still possibly affecting the guides livelihood by pressuring his spots. Maybe he was just getting what he gives. Cant be stopped so why get worked up about it.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: SAKS] #12626415 02/14/18 12:48 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SAKS
Someone a couple pages back said that they personally witnessed Tak poaching guides holes on Fork. Shouldnt the same standard apply to them also. The pros cant complain about something they practice just because they are on the short end of it.Not a tourney but still possibly affecting the guides livelihood by pressuring his spots. Maybe he was just getting what he gives. Cant be stopped so why get worked up about it.

People can accuse anyone of anything, unless he can prove it it didn't happen. Believe nothing you hear or read and only half of what you see.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12626419 02/14/18 12:50 AM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
wopics

#MFGA
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Douglas J] #12626471 02/14/18 01:09 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
wopics

Getting to be like an old woman's quilting party huh.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12626660 02/14/18 02:16 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
wopics

Getting to be like an old woman's quilting party huh.

You offended my wife.

Jk.

......my only question on this story.

Why? Why would you fish the spot? Obviously tak had worn it out. I'm sure they didn't get bit one freakin time.

I did see the one boater with the super high powered lens on his camera. That would be fun. Seeing exactly what baits were used, etc.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12626805 02/14/18 03:24 AM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Dont know if its true or not and dont really care. Man said he had first hand account. If you want to call him out as a liar thats on you. Just pointing out that there is a flip side to this thread. Just because these guys are pros dont mean they all act right. Maybe Tak did maybe he didnt. Maybe he was wronged or maybe he got what was coming. Im not judging one way or the other. We choose our professions and all the BS that comes with it. Pro Bass Anglers and guides get followed and have their spots jumped. Part of their BS just deal with it and move on. Like I said it cant be stopped so why waste energy on it.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12626938 02/14/18 04:43 AM
S
Stew Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Its called the Golden Rule...its really just that simple.

Kenny Stewart
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12626989 02/14/18 06:02 AM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Here is an example... IBM was making computers and operating systems. Folks like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates watched them catch fish, then came in on their spot and poached....

It happens in industry (build a better widget) all the time. They may not come to your specific job, but they compete on the lake in your spot when you were there first. roflmao

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: JeffLStevens] #12630040 02/15/18 10:47 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: JeffLStevens
The post is about following an Elite and then fishing the spot that he was fishing when he leaves or getting up early the next morning and being on it when he gets there. It's about respecting what someone is doing for a living.....that is all. As I said, if you can justify pulling in on a pro's spot just because they left it and believe that it is ok to do that.....there is nothing that anyone on here is going to say that will change your mind. Most peoples character was developed long before they started fishing.....the "freedom" on the water to do what you want just allows that character to be seen by others.

Sent you a PM

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: eagle 2] #12632257 02/17/18 03:05 AM
S
Scoundrel Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: eagle 2
I mentioned this earlier, it is quite possible the person coming in behind the pro and wearing out his spot, may have been doing it intentionally, to intentionally ruin the prosperity of it possibly for the next day, maybe this guy was a fan of some other angler in the top 5? Anything is possible.

Also possible it was a Tak fan who swooped in to fake fish and protect the spot from others - well never know. For me I love to read about the pros and all they do but if I know there is s big tourney of any kind I am going somewhere else. I think a lot of guys follow but dont fish but always seems to hear of the followers getting in too close ... I cant imagine sittin In the boat safely out of the way watching a pro fish. All that said we all end up on a lake where a tourney is going on, just the way it is, respect others, give the other guy plenty of space and hope for the best.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Scoundrel] #12632881 02/17/18 05:15 PM
Chet Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
These threads always make me smile. If some one is on your spot on fork and you come back by an hour later and they're gone you're probably going to make a cast or two to see if they caught them. You do this because it's not their spot. The day of a tourney there are going to be folks fishing because it's the day they can fish. If they see KVD on "their" spot whether they know who KVD is or not they may hit if he leaves. No moral issue, it's just another day on the water to them. If tourney entrants haven't learned to live with this they have a hard road ahead. You people who get all tight in the fanny over this need to remember that 99% of the folks who fish don't fish tourneys and don't care if you do. de

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide