Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... #12623451 02/12/18 03:54 PM
B
beartrap Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
B
Takahiro Omori just won the Elite series event on Lake Martin....he had a small spot upriver and one of the photographers reported that after Takahiro would leave each day to go to the weigh-in,one or more of the spectator boats would move in and fish his spot....
this could have easily cost takahiro the tourney...is it ignorance,selfishness or what that would cause a person to fish that spot knowing takahiro would be back the next day....
IMHO we as fishermen need to stay off the lake when top level tours like the elites or FLW is fishing the lake...watch it on your computer or smart TV...

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12623463 02/12/18 03:58 PM
BCBassCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
That's funny because I was watching coverage yesterday and they were bragging on the fans and how well they were behaving.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12623471 02/12/18 04:01 PM
R
redskeet100 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Well, can't just shut the lake down because the pros are fishing a tournament. While I would not fish that spot, once he leaves it is fair game.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12623472 02/12/18 04:02 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: beartrap

IMHO we as fishermen need to stay off the lake when top level tours like the elites or FLW is fishing the lake...watch it on your computer or smart TV...

Millions and millions of fishermen in the world and I promise you a huge majority of them couldn't care less if BASS was in town or a local bass club. Most fishermen aint tournament fishermen and don't care who is or isn't. And they dang sure aint going to stay home because there is a tournament in town. LOL

Yes pot licking a pros spot during the tournament is wrong in my opinion as well, but staying home is a joke.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12623475 02/12/18 04:04 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
It's the old question of it being legally right, but is it morally or ethically right?!?! That question can only be answered by the person thinking about doing it. No way would I do it but I'd also never be out there in my boat watching another person fish. smile

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12623494 02/12/18 04:10 PM
Curtbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
With that being said: all is fine & dandy, BUT, you do HAVE to remember, IF, the guy is NOT a " TOURNAMENT" fisherman, & has bought a license to fish in that state, he has EVERY RIGHT to fish on any given spot. He MAY have actually been being "considerate" if he was a local, doesn't care about "TOURNAMENT" fishing, but was patient to wait till Takahiro left before he fished it. You HAVE to keep this in mind also.
Granted, it most likely wasn't the real situation & was probably exactly what you said. I AGREE with you 100% on you're opinion because I DO fish tournaments & in no way would I want to be the jerk that cost a man the victory or check in a major (or any)tournament like that.
We just have to remember not ALL bass fishermen follow & like the Pro's.
I know several who actually despise it. And they are good, hard working, good fisherman. Tolerance along with common sense is a thing of the past it seems.

ELITE POWER SYSTEMS/ Elite Fishing Products
Lithium Battery & Charging Systems, Soft Plastics, Tackle,Tokyo Rigs
Tight lines & stay safe out there.Gods blessings
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12623509 02/12/18 04:15 PM
1bassdaddy Offline
Angler
Angler
I don't need to chase Omori or any other tournament fisherman around to find fish. But if they happen to be on the water at the same time I'm able to get out, I'm not going to treat them any differently than I would any other angler. If someone beats me to a favorite spot, whether they are a tournament guy or not, I'm going to let them have it and then circle back later in the day and take my chances. I'm definitely not concerned with who might be fishing that water tomorrow. I'm not selfish or ignorant, but I'm not going to stay off the water or not fish my milk-run just because the top level tour is in town. I might stay away because of crowds or pressure, but a tour event or any other fishing derby isn't going to automatically keep me off the water.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12623537 02/12/18 04:26 PM
cob Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I wouldnt fish his spot but what if the guy was a local and fishing the spot long before this tournament? This actually happened at the 79 Classic on Texoma. I was on the lake fishing, went up a creek I had fished for years and found Hank Parker about 1/4 mile up. I watched for about 5 minutes then left. He fished all the tournament in that creek and won. I have wondered if someone had fished behind or after he went in things would have ended differently.

Some people go to church and think about fishing. Some go fishing and think about God.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12623546 02/12/18 04:28 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
pretty weak imo but happens on every lake and every level. Bent pole pattern is stronger then ever among bass fishermen.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12623553 02/12/18 04:31 PM
F
Fish2222 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Couldn't care less about the elites or ANY other tourney anglers and their self-appointed right to claim a "spot".

"I only catch the ones that bite"
BassCat Sabre
Mercury EFI 175
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: 1bassdaddy] #12623557 02/12/18 04:32 PM
Curtbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: 1bassdaddy
I don't need to chase Omori or any other tournament fisherman around to find fish. But if they happen to be on the water at the same time I'm able to get out, I'm not going to treat them any differently than I would any other angler. If someone beats me to a favorite spot, whether they are a tournament guy or not, I'm going to let them have it and then circle back later in the day and take my chances. I'm definitely not concerned with who might be fishing that water tomorrow. I'm not selfish or ignorant, but I'm not going to stay off the water or not fish my milk-run just because the top level tour is in town. I might stay away because of crowds or pressure, but a tour event or any other fishing derby isn't going to automatically keep me off the water.

Exactly. You bought your boat, licenses, TX #'s, & its YOUR day to fish! You have EVERY right to do so.
Most of what is actually being talked about is following "fans" not thinking forward past the end of their nose. As I said, I ACTUALLY know people who despise big time BASS FISHING. Several who own homes on Toledo Bend & KNOW the lake well. More than one has stated that "BASS ranking them #1 2 years straight" has had as much impact, if not more, than losing grass. Just from the increased pressure.
I can see both sides of the coin & BOTH sides have valid concerns. Death by Media is as real as Death by habitat loss, drought, etc etc.

ELITE POWER SYSTEMS/ Elite Fishing Products
Lithium Battery & Charging Systems, Soft Plastics, Tackle,Tokyo Rigs
Tight lines & stay safe out there.Gods blessings
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12623563 02/12/18 04:38 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Borden and I have discussed this at length. Based on who all does it, many here as we have seen first hand. Bent pole potlicking has become an acceptable practice, even a preferred way of finding fish. Hell they should start teaching it a seminars. There are plenty around here that could write a book on it.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Chris G] #12623576 02/12/18 04:42 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Chris G
It's the old question of it being legally right, but is it morally or ethically right?!?! That question can only be answered by the person thinking about doing it. No way would I do it but I'd also never be out there in my boat watching another person fish. smile

My thoughts exactly. Never ever been on the water during a BASS event. Been to the weigh-in's but not on the water and would not fish their spots if I did. They're trying to make a living, I wouldn't want one of them bird dogging or watching me on my job.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12623585 02/12/18 04:44 PM
K
Kisndismis Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Public lake, I might go check it out AFTER a tourney but I am a bass fisherman and respect that he is doing this as a job is my justification for not going there while he is there. I recall a comment that if lake were at normal level, that would be dry. Wonder if anyone was fishing it days prior, I think not.

I dang sure dont like the entitlement I see and read about. There was an article about Christie and Hackney, surely written as an attempt to be informative recently but I think the came across as entitled, IMO.

They are not finding anything anyone else has not, just know how to fish it better, I can accept that.

Watch it happen, make it happen, or say what the hell happened. Capt. Phil Harris F/V Cornelia Marie RIP
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Barrett] #12623589 02/12/18 04:46 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Barrett
pretty weak imo but happens on every lake and every level. Bent pole pattern is stronger then ever among bass fishermen.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide