Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Co angler etiquette #12621703 02/11/18 03:21 PM
F
Flooringit Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
So Im gonna be fishing this weekend coming up at Rayburn. I own a boat so I know how to respect his boat. I was wondering about tipping. Do the costa guys expect fuel money tips? I only ask cause Ive never expected it as a boater ( bfls) but someone told me I should so Im confused lol I treat people way I want to be treated. Id never expect fuel money as Im the one driving to my spots. And Id be there co angler or not.

Also I dont want to weight the boat down but I want to be prepared. Im taking 2carolina rig rods one lite one heavy. Square bill , rattle trap and spinner/ chatterbait rod. And jig Just enough plastic and weights to get through the day. Any other ideas? I am thinking about making a killer sandwich one thatll take him some time to eat as it will get a rod out of his hand for awhile leaving me some alone time lol

Last edited by Flooringit; 02/11/18 03:22 PM.

2013 Phoenix 920xp
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit] #12621708 02/11/18 03:24 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Def tip.

Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit] #12621754 02/11/18 03:57 PM
MMosher Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Boat expenses are 50/50 in my rig when it's tourney time. I do the same when I'm a back seater.

I love the smell of two stroke in the morning.
Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit] #12621822 02/11/18 04:48 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: Flooringit
So Im gonna be fishing this weekend coming up at Rayburn. I own a boat so I know how to respect his boat. I was wondering about tipping. Do the costa guys expect fuel money tips? I only ask cause Ive never expected it as a boater ( bfls) but someone told me I should so Im confused lol I treat people way I want to be treated. Id never expect fuel money as Im the one driving to my spots. And Id be there co angler or not.

Also I dont want to weight the boat down but I want to be prepared. Im taking 2carolina rig rods one lite one heavy. Square bill , rattle trap and spinner/ chatterbait rod. And jig Just enough plastic and weights to get through the day. Any other ideas? I am thinking about making a killer sandwich one thatll take him some time to eat as it will get a rod out of his hand for awhile leaving me some alone time lol

Nice of you to ask this.

Doesn't matter if he is a "costa guy" or a BFL guy. Every person is different and so are their expectations. I would certainly offer $50-$100 for expense sharing. The killer sandwich is a great idea too. Make it really big & messy with lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, etc so it takes both hands for him to eat it. woot

Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: MMosher] #12621834 02/11/18 04:54 PM
F
Flooringit Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: MMosher
Boat expenses are 50/50 in my rig when it's tourney time. I do the same when I'm a back seater.

Is this Matt? You dont take that ol champ more then a cove away from the take off so its not much lol. Jk lol how you been

2013 Phoenix 920xp
Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit] #12622021 02/11/18 06:53 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
If you read the past threads on this you will need to pay half of the months boat payment, all tournament fuel, buy lunch after the tourney, and maybe help with truck gas and boat washing.

Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit] #12622036 02/11/18 07:08 PM
Z
z520c Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
Z
If it's a killer sandwich, why the tip?

Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: the skipper] #12622051 02/11/18 07:14 PM
C
Chris_K Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: the skipper
If you read the past threads on this you will need to pay half of the months boat payment, all tournament fuel, buy lunch after the tourney, and maybe help with truck gas and boat washing.

roflmao

Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit] #12622109 02/11/18 07:49 PM
MMosher Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Yup, still running the ol champ.

Originally Posted By: MMosher

Is this Matt? You dont take that ol champ more then a cove away from the take off so its not much lol. Jk lol how you been

I love the smell of two stroke in the morning.
Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit] #12622175 02/11/18 08:34 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Splitting half the gas used is plenty. If he wants more, tell him to become a non-boater because it's a cheaper way out.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit] #12622269 02/11/18 09:33 PM
L
Lucky Al Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L

Just split half the gas. Whey do you call it a tip? He's not a guide!
Don't bring a huge tackle box. Get an idea of what he is using, and go from there. No more than 5 rods, max. Don't step on the seats or smoke! Many smokers will flip their hot ash not thinking about burning a hole in the carpet. It happens! Also, don't cast in front of him. Let him cast first and then you cast, so you won't cross. Have fun!

Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Lucky Al] #12622275 02/11/18 09:37 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Lucky Al

Don't bring a huge tackle box. Get an idea of what he is using, and go from there. No more than 5 rods, max. Don't step on the seats or smoke! Many smokers will flip their hot ash not thinking about burning a hole in the carpet. It happens! Also, don't cast in front of him. Let him cast first and then you cast, so you won't cross. Have fun!

Bitch about the size of his boat. It's priceless. Tell em you just finished a sentence in solitary confinement and the cell had more room to roam than his back deck. Yell "get the net" on every bite.

..at the end of the day, he won't want your money....he'll just want ya gone.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit] #12622287 02/11/18 09:43 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Hehehehehehehehe hahahahahahahaha

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12622294 02/11/18 09:45 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Lucky Al

Bitch about the size of his boat. It's priceless. Tell em you just finished a sentence in solitary confinement and the cell had more room to roam than his back deck. Yell "get the net" on every bite.

..at the end of the day, he won't want your money....he'll just want ya gone.

Now Steez, what if you're the boater ?

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit] #12622297 02/11/18 09:47 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Give him a $50 and a thx. Thats all he deserves. You arent his sponsor. Every now and then ask him why theres so much water in the floor.. when he comes to look... throw your bait in the juice!! Get a few good casts in while hes not paying attention! roflmao

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide