Red River Rendezvous
January 26 & 27, 2018
Eisenhower State Park, 50 Park Road 20, Denison, TX
The Red River Fly Fishers will be hosting their annual Red River Rendezvous fly tying Extravaganza on January 26 & 27, 2018 at Eisenhower State Park on Lake Texoma.
This event is a great way to kick off the year, tie a good inventory of flies, visit with old friends and make new friends. There is always a wide range of fly tying experience levels from beginners to FFI Silver Award tiers. It’s a casual group with no set agenda, tie as much as you want, practice casting, or take your newest fly creation out on Lake Texoma, a World class striper fishery.
The fly tying is held in the Recreation hall inside the State park. It is a nice facility with a full kitchen, heat, and restrooms. The state park has nice campsites including some full hookups for RV’s. There are also several hotels in Sherman & Denison if you want to make a weekend of it. We will have a pot luck lunch on Saturday so bring your favorite dish to share. There has always been a lot of great food and a bunch of it!
There is no charge to attend this outing. Let the park staff know you are a participant and there will be no entry fee into the park. The schedule for the weekend looks like this:
• 3pm Friday, January 26, 2018, the doors open.
• 6pm Friday, RRFF will be hosting their famous chili dog dinner with all the trimmings, no charge.
• 8pm Friday, wrap up for the day.
• 7am Saturday, doors open, tie, cast, fish, hang out, and eat!
• 12pm Saturday, Pot luck lunch, bring your favorite dish and share a meal.
• 3pm Saturday, raffle drawing
• 5pm Saturday, the end, wrap up another fun filled tying weekend.
Let us know if you plan on coming and will have a table set up for you, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit the website at http://rrff.org
click on the RRR tab on the left and it will take you to the page for the latest updates or call Joe Parkes at 903-328-8232 or Lee Yeager at 903-421-4984.
Come on up and tie one on!
Red River Fly Fishers