Re: Throw in your 2 cents [Re: All Boat, No Bass] #12537016 12/13/17 04:44 PM
D
dobbin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
On click of the emergency brake will turn the headlights of on a Chevy

Champion Jigs
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Throw in your 2 cents [Re: All Boat, No Bass] #12537031 12/13/17 05:00 PM
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Get yourself a pattern. Go a specific direction around the boat to perform your tasks. I start on the starboard side, because I put my graphs on the bow then the cockpit: then... grab the life jacket hook to kill switch, starboard strap, starboard steering clip, raise motor for transom saver, port steering clip, stow all three, check plug, port strap, bow safety chain, put winch in reverse. Jump in the driver seat, line up and launch... Get bow strap as boarding the boat, start, beach or tie, pull away from ramp...

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Throw in your 2 cents [Re: David Burton] #12537096 12/13/17 05:57 PM
R
Roller22 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: David Burton
Get yourself a pattern. Go a specific direction around the boat to perform your tasks. Get bow strap as boarding the boat, start, beach or tie, pull away from ramp...

This is what I've always done. If someone fishes with you one day, don't let them do anything or it will throw your pattern off.

If you are out fishing and try to start your boat and it will crank but doesn't start, check the kill switch lanyard first.

Do as Donald Harper said about cleaning boat when pulling it out of the water. Great advice.

I Thes. 5:16-18
Re: Throw in your 2 cents [Re: David Burton] #12537863 12/14/17 03:40 AM
A
All Boat, No Bass Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted By: David Burton
Get yourself a pattern. Go a specific direction around the boat to perform your tasks. I start on the starboard side, because I put my graphs on the bow then the cockpit: then... grab the life jacket hook to kill switch, starboard strap, starboard steering clip, raise motor for transom saver, port steering clip, stow all three, check plug, port strap, bow safety chain, put winch in reverse. Jump in the driver seat, line up and launch... Get bow strap as boarding the boat, start, beach or tie, pull away from ramp...

Thanks David, I printed out a checklist to follow, nothing like routine
Maiden voyage should be tomorrow, if life doesn't get in the way.

Ken A - asked storage manager about any problems with break in / theft hadn't had any incidents in years
more out in the country than near city. So I will store rods on boat rather than transport back & forth.
Less effort too.

Again thanks every one

Re: Throw in your 2 cents [Re: All Boat, No Bass] #12538026 12/14/17 12:57 PM
B
Bilboinsa Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Welcome! And welcome to Canyon. Even if no fish are caught, every trip is gorgeous. I am out there at least once a week. I have a black pontoon and you will usually see me tied up with 4 poles mounted on all sides of my boat while I am cursing my bad luck (skill) while casting away....

Lots of guys like to go back up in Toms Creek, and dont forget the fun upriver. Lake is down about 3 though so watch for stumps.

I was also out on the 12th. Heading out again today. Oh, and those weekly TPW Fishing Reports are total BS....🤣

Re: Throw in your 2 cents [Re: All Boat, No Bass] #12538157 12/14/17 02:49 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Toms Creek is a stump haven now!

Re: Throw in your 2 cents [Re: Bilboinsa] #12540400 12/16/17 04:55 PM
A
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted By: Bilboinsa
Welcome! And welcome to Canyon. Even if no fish are caught, every trip is gorgeous. I am out there at least once a week. I have a black pontoon and you will usually see me tied up with 4 poles mounted on all sides of my boat while I am cursing my bad luck (skill) while casting away....

Lots of guys like to go back up in Toms Creek, and dont forget the fun upriver. Lake is down about 3 though so watch for stumps.

I was also out on the 12th. Heading out again today. Oh, and those weekly TPW Fishing Reports are total BS....🤣

Will keep my eye out, Launched at Crane's Mill ( found out Comal P. closed after driving out there ). Ramp not very steep, had to back
truck tires almost to water edge for launch. Was thinking what the hell did I forget?, but all was good. Motor started right up. Everything
took way longer than the plan, so didn't wet a hook. Learned handling,a little graphing then headed back. Light wind so no problems
docking, just rusty on trailer skills. did get boat into storage locker in less than 10 minutes so there is that. Then detailed and spray
waxed boat waiting for that 281S and 1604 traffic to die down. Met guy in locker next to me with stratos, fishes with Alamo club.
Good day all around, still waiting for karma.

Trailer tire recommendations? Goodyear vs Carlisle vs ?? current tires seem to wear on outside ( EZ loader Vault hubs)
Thinking take care of things before there is a problem.

thanks is advance

Re: Throw in your 2 cents [Re: All Boat, No Bass] #12540404 12/16/17 05:03 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Goodyear has a trailer tire that is made in America and I've read good things about them. All other trailer tires are made in China. If the recommended tire pressure is 65 lbs. those are the better tires. If your tires are wearing on the outside might indicate improper tire pressure. Tire pressure on trailer tires is very important as to tire wear. Recommended pressure is on the tires. Really nice boat you have and as time goes on you are really going to enjoy and appreciate it ( and catch lots of fish).

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Throw in your 2 cents [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12541650 12/18/17 01:52 AM
A
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Goodyear has a trailer tire that is made in America and I've read good things about them. All other trailer tires are made in China. If the recommended tire pressure is 65 lbs. those are the better tires. If your tires are wearing on the outside might indicate improper tire pressure. Tire pressure on trailer tires is very important as to tire wear. Recommended pressure is on the tires. Really nice boat you have and as time goes on you are really going to enjoy and appreciate it ( and catch lots of fish).

Thanks GIG'EM, wasn't sure if Goodyear was only made in USA trailer tire.
Goodyear is where I was leaning, discount tire has Endurance model ( 65lb) so I will get those and not have to worry when on the highway. Currently running
Goodyear,Carlisle,Trailer King,Premier(?), not something I paid to much attention to when inspecting boat - 4 tires check, has some tread check, spare check
now tell me about this lowrance,talon,fortrex........ ok I'll take it.

Re: Throw in your 2 cents [Re: All Boat, No Bass] #12541705 12/18/17 02:29 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Goodyear Endurance are the tires I was referring to, only tire made in USA. Current tires not all the same brand eh ? Typically carry 55 lbs. air pressure and very important to maintain that pressure to keep even tire wear. Recommendations for the other three, I run Lowrance so naturally I'm partial to their products especially the touch screens with the Navionics chip.. Have nothing bad to say about the others. Don't recommend Talons, prefer Power Poles mainly for the way they operate and customer service is unequaled. Also prefer Minnkota which makes Fortrex which I have and zero problems.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide