Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Sam Rayburn high school tournament series #12487926 11/01/17 07:00 PM
Larry Mosby Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler

The Deep East Texas High School Fishing Series held on Sam Rayburn Reservoir is a good place for student anglers to compete and have a chance to advance through BASS Nation to the National Championship.

These tournaments are held at Jackson Hill Park and Marina on Sam Rayburn just south of Broaddus, Tx.
High school anglers wanting to compete in these tournaments have become a member of Deep East Texas High School Fishing Series, Bassmaster and be on a high school team roster on Bass Nation high school with dues payed for the year.

Deep East Texas High School Fishing Series membership for the year is 25.00. Bassmaster membership is only 9.99 when purchased through BASS Nation high school and the discount link. Dues for Bass Nation are 10.00 for the year also. Tournament team registration is 50.00 for each tournament that the team enters.

A monthly qualifier tournament will be held through April. A teams best four finishes will determine team standings at the end of qualifying tournaments in April and a championship tournament will be held in May for the series. For each 25 teams registered through BASS Nation high school one team will be capable of advancing to the national level of competition. These teams will be determined through point standings.

The tournament series has already had it's first qualifier back on October 21st but there's plenty more left to fish for interested anglers. This is my second year to captain for two students in this series and Pete Bruener ( Bass Nation high school state representative) along with myself are looking for to seeing it grow. Last month there were 89 teams competing and we are hoping for numbers of entries to reach a hundred.

For more information on these events please go to the Outdoor Freedom Network or Deep East Texas High School Fishing Series websites.

Tight lines and hope to see y'all on Rayburn!
Larry Mosby
flag

Larry Mosby
Re: Sam Rayburn high school tournament series [Re: Larry Mosby] #12487999 11/01/17 08:06 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Thanks Larry, I have been looking at the Deep East Texas Series this last week I'm the advisor for Magnolia High School. I need to get our club registered with BASS. One of the questions I need to get answered is does every member of our club have to be a BASS member. That's the way I interpreted the rules on the BASS High School website. We have 22 members currently but it would be hard to get all 22 to join BASS since some don't have boats and have a hard time finding boat captains for the series we fish now. But, we do have members wanting to fish more tournaments and a different series than we currently fish. My son is definitely interested in the Deep East Texas Series.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: Sam Rayburn high school tournament series [Re: Larry Mosby] #12489214 11/02/17 04:14 PM
Larry Mosby Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Yes Sir! Each angler has to be a BASS member, once they join BASS they will be issued a membership number. The club in administration will then use the BASS membership number to add members to your club roster on the BASS Nation high school site.It will show the anglers name along with their information once they're added. It's then necessary to follow the prompts and pay dues at 10.00 for each member on the roster.

Larry Mosby
Re: Sam Rayburn high school tournament series [Re: Larry Mosby] #12489220 11/02/17 04:17 PM
Larry Mosby Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
If you need any assistance from BASS pertinent club registration call Emily at 205-313-0900. Ask to speak with her when connected.

Larry Mosby
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide