Forums59
Topics1,038,777
Posts13,952,588
Members144,176
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Tales from the Red River Basschamps! [Re: Champion1] #12472173 10/20/17 04:32 AM
Derick Maschmeier Offline
Angler
Angler
Instead of taking everyone who fishes all four events in a region, it would be nice if they would only take the top 20 in points in each region. That would leave 80 boats for the Championship. You could fish almost anywhere with 80 boats and it would definitely level the playing field. Could you imagine if they had it on a lake like Squaw Creek? Of course they wouldn't do that because they make too much money allowing more boats to fish the Championship. That's just my opinion.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Tales from the Red River Basschamps! [Re: Derick Maschmeier] #12472288 10/20/17 12:15 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
squaw creek is a whoever gets there first wins, way small.

Re: Tales from the Red River Basschamps! [Re: Derick Maschmeier] #12472524 10/20/17 03:00 PM
T
TxFisherman03 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted By: MaschinBass
Instead of taking everyone who fishes all four events in a region, it would be nice if they would only take the top 20 in points in each region. That would leave 80 boats for the Championship. You could fish almost anywhere with 80 boats and it would definitely level the playing field. Could you imagine if they had it on a lake like Squaw Creek? Of course they wouldn't do that because they make too much money allowing more boats to fish the Championship. That's just my opinion.

I like the way your thinking. So to increase the # of boats maybe do the top 50 teams of each division. But then you might see a decline on the last tournament if a team thinks they cannot make the cut.

Byron
Re: Tales from the Red River Basschamps! [Re: TxFisherman03] #12472644 10/20/17 04:15 PM
C
COKEMAN Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: TxFisherman03

I like the way your thinking. So to increase the # of boats maybe do the top 50 teams of each division. But then you might see a decline on the last tournament if a team thinks they cannot make the cut.

True on the last tournament drop off. I have proposed in the past a wild card tournament of sorts to help with that.

Take the top 40 from each division on points regardless of number of tournaments fished. That's 160 to the championship based on points. For those NOT in that 160 AND having fished all (or qualifying number of) division tournaments, have a tournament where the top 40 get a berth into the final championship. That gives you 200 boats which is about what they shoot for. You can adjust those numbers up/down to fit whatever you want to target for the championship or if you don't think you would really have that many "wild cards" show up. Like 20 from each division on points and 20 from the wild card to make a 100 boat championship.

Of course that means scheduling and running an extra tournament.

Just a thought

Re: Tales from the Red River Basschamps! [Re: Chris G] #12472682 10/20/17 04:39 PM
D
DBFishing83 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Chris G
I still find it humorous how people forget this a business they are trying to run. Do I like the Red this year, nope! Do I want to go back there next year, nope! But if that is where they hold the championship then we will be there. Champs is the best circuit in Texas today as far as I am concerned. Every year they state well before the season starts there will be a championship at an undisclosed location that gets announced in July. They also always state it won't be a lake fished in one of the region's regular season so there isn't deemed to be some big advantage for one region of another.

This severely limits their options to host the championship. So they are left with less than 10 options mot years. At that point, it becomes about what is best for the business. Any of you other business owners out there know what I am talking about. Sometimes you just have to make tough calls even if you know it may not be the best for everyone, but its the best for the business. Obviously Bossier/Shreveport and the other hosts around there offer financial incentives for them or anyone else to come. BFL was there as we were leaving and there is an open there this season as well.

We can't wait to get things fired back up next Spring and just hope the championship location is different this year. I've been pushing for Lewisville for 9 months not because it's made such a big comeback since the drought. But my guess is they aren't giving much money for tournaments to come.

So kudos to Chad and Jeff for running a great circuit even if the Championship fishing sucked!! smile They are never going to please everyone so I just enjoy it for what it is. Great fun, a chance to compete against some of the best in the State and potentially win a few dollars in the process.

clap
Finally,,,,,,, a post about the BC Championship that is right on target
Kudos to you Chris G for telling it like it is.
Chad and Jeff do a fantastic job in running their trail.
Not to many places you can get a $20,000 payday when you are an amateur.

Re: Tales from the Red River Basschamps! [Re: Champion1] #12473209 10/21/17 12:31 AM
L
Lil' Louie Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Week at the KOA: $700
Food/gas: $300
1 full day in two different Shreveport hospitals complete with MRIs of my brain, CT scans of my brain, echocardiogram of my heart and a sonogram of my carotid artery: $6500 max out of pocket deductible

Regaining the use of my left arm and hand as well as my left leg after surviving a stroke: Priceless

Happy to be alive fellas. Damn sure wished I couldve fished this event with my dad but unfortunately the good Lord punched me in the gut with a stroke Tuesday evening which caus3d my left arm to go pretty much completely useless. With my blood pressure thru the roof I was faced with some pretty serious choices to make as far as my care was concerned in a matter of hours. Either choice I made had severe consequences including death. I chose to wait it out. I came back home Wednesday night. Went back to the ER on Thursday for a follow up. Friday I went back to the ER, this time via ambulance running hot due to a severe headache and symptoms getting worse. I woke up at 0430saturday morning with no real use of my arm still but wishing I was launching my dad down there at Red River south.... but I wasnt. By the time Monday got here, the good Lord took numbness away and I regained most of my arm and hand back. This morning I went to my first PT visit and was told I didnt need PT that I scored great with my strength test of my left arm and hand. My whole world changed in an instant without warning at the age of 39. I was and still am disappointed I ruined the trip for us although I know my dad is just tickled Im still alive. It really sucked seeing the stress I put him through as well. We, too, knew the Red river was going to suck. It always has for us. But its a vacation of sorts. Its another opportunity to fish with my dad. To go pull those slot machines with him. Its not always about the fishing. For us anyways. Dont get me wrong, we still believe we can win every tournament we enter and we want to win. Youll never find a more competitive almost 70yr old man than my ole man. But sometimes it just doesnt work out.

Congrats to the winners, a fellow father and son team.... yall take care.

[Linked Image]

PB 12.88lbs, Lake Fork 3-17-2013 8:45 a.m.

Re: Tales from the Red River Basschamps! [Re: Champion1] #12473243 10/21/17 01:06 AM
Ted Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
wow! sounds like that coulda been much worse! prayers for a speedy recovery!

makes fishing a T and worrying about stupid little stuff seem kinda insignificant i bet.

good luck to ya.

Re: Tales from the Red River Basschamps! [Re: TxFisherman03] #12473389 10/21/17 03:05 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: TxFisherman03
There are other lakes(not on the trail) that are more centralized that would be able to accommodate that many boats. It all boils downs to $. Lakes that could handle the # of boats: Richland Chambers, Hubbard Creek, Whitney, PK, Livingston, Joe Pool, Fork, Lewisville, even Texoma, and the list could go on. It doesn't matter what lake is chosen because there will always be a local for that lake.

Hubbard creek couldn't hold a 250 boat tournament very comfortably at all.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Tales from the Red River Basschamps! [Re: Champion1] #12474431 10/22/17 03:37 AM
T
TxFisherman03 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Take Hubbard off that list, only been there once anyway.... grin

Byron
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide