Print Thread
Heeeeee's Baaack! "Lepomis4Life" #12460699 10/10/17 05:13 PM
L
Lepomis4Life. Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Wow!, it's been almost ten years since I was most active on TFF. Something strange happened...I just lost all interest in fishing. Sure I bought a license every year but if I wet a line once or twice a year it was very rare. I'm still not sure to this day what happened as I'd been fishing all of my life. No other hobby/sport took it's place, I mean who does that after so many years? I wondered if I had a breakdown or something? So I think I'm back. Looking over the threads I see Banker/Chuck has kept this section rolling...or is that ruling💪👍👍? The way I see it y'all have been catching too many fish and I hope you left a few for 'ol Don? I feel like I just recovered from some terrible drug. I look forward to getting back with old friends and maybe some new. I'm glad many of you are still on TFF. Tight Lines, enough of this rant. 😉

Re: Heeeeee's Baaack! "Lepomis4Life" [Re: Lepomis4Life.] #12461463 10/11/17 03:14 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
welcomeback Don. You were the founder of this section. I enjoyed the times we had fishing for those sunnies.Looking forward to fishing with you again. Also looking forward to reading more of your post. This section can always use the business.
thumb

Side note. Love that sunfish action.

hooked

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Heeeeee's Baaack! "Lepomis4Life" [Re: Lepomis4Life.] #12461982 10/11/17 05:16 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Welcome Back! thumb
I remember you from the old days with what I thought was your same screen name.

Anyway glad to hear of your renewed interest in fishing.
I'm sending you a PM.

Re: Heeeeee's Baaack! "Lepomis4Life" [Re: Lepomis4Life.] #12462187 10/11/17 09:11 PM
doctorxring Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Welcome Back !! cheers

I've had periods where I got so wrapped up with work and other things
that I didn't post for periods of a year or more. Those were bad times.

Hopefully they are over !! roflmao

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
Re: Heeeeee's Baaack! "Lepomis4Life" [Re: Lepomis4Life.] #12462404 10/12/17 12:47 AM
L
Lepomis4Life. Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Jon: I could not remember my updated screen name or password so I just put a (.) behind the old username.
I came to TFF as a Avid Carp Angler from the 80s with the likes of Mick Thill and Nigel Griffin and saw they had a Rough Fish section on TFF but I did not see a panfish/perch section. Most fish seemed represented. I remembered how I loved panfishing up into my midteens before bass fishing caught my interest, then soon big carp. Even when carp fishing I would be after panfish...some carpers thought it was odd...but I would occasionally see other carpers doing so too. Sooooo long story longer. I asked some people on TFF for this section. If I remember right there wasn't much interest in doing it at first. So I asked some carping buddies who knew powers that be on TFF and like magic one day the section appeared. So I'm not sure if I would want to take credit for anything other than I really pushed for this section. I'm glad so many people like this section. I seem to be on the front of many methods in the states and being in the right place at the right time and because I'm research minded. Its all been fun but I like to get back to basics and for me that's the love of panfishing and possibly part of what I lost in technology and the media. So simple yet so satisfying. Tight lines.

Re: Heeeeee's Baaack! "Lepomis4Life" [Re: Lepomis4Life.] #12462691 10/12/17 05:18 AM
Dfitz Offline
"Nice Guy"
"Nice Guy"
The Sunfish section is filled with great people. It's a nice little community of regulars and lots of people check in with great posts. I try to check in every day and post reports even if it's just to show how pretty and fun these little fish are to catch. I've made some good fishing friends from this Forum. Nice to get a little history about how this section got started. Chuck has kept this section going strong in your absence. Hope to meet you sometime and go catch some Sunnies!

Don't worry about the mule, just load the cart
[Linked Image]
Re: Heeeeee's Baaack! "Lepomis4Life" [Re: Lepomis4Life.] #12462849 10/12/17 01:37 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
welcome Back!

Re: Heeeeee's Baaack! "Lepomis4Life" [Re: Lepomis4Life.] #12466146 10/15/17 02:04 AM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: Lepomis4Life.
Jon: I could not remember my updated screen name or password so I just put a (.) behind the old username.
I came to TFF as a Avid Carp Angler from the 80s with the likes of Mick Thill and Nigel Griffin and saw they had a Rough Fish section on TFF but I did not see a panfish/perch section. Most fish seemed represented. I remembered how I loved panfishing up into my midteens before bass fishing caught my interest, then soon big carp. Even when carp fishing I would be after panfish...some carpers thought it was odd...but I would occasionally see other carpers doing so too. Sooooo long story longer. I asked some people on TFF for this section. If I remember right there wasn't much interest in doing it at first. So I asked some carping buddies who knew powers that be on TFF and like magic one day the section appeared. So I'm not sure if I would want to take credit for anything other than I really pushed for this section. I'm glad so many people like this section. I seem to be on the front of many methods in the states and being in the right place at the right time and because I'm research minded. Its all been fun but I like to get back to basics and for me that's the love of panfishing and possibly part of what I lost in technology and the media. So simple yet so satisfying. Tight lines.

I never knew of your part in getting this section created but a belated Thank You for your successful efforts toward that result!!!

One thing I've always been extremely proud of and impressed by is the politeness between members in this section.
I believe this section holds the record of least friction and most polite discourse between members. Not to say we're all angels but I could count on less than the fingers of one hand the number of times there has been any serious personal bickering between members.

I think that is quite telling given the number of people who regularly post to this section now compared to the number who were active here when it first started. Usually the more people you get, the more bickering and/or rudeness you get. I don't know for sure but I don't recall anyone ever going to the wall as a result of anything they posted in this section.

I recall one of your earlier posts where we had a discussion of native Texas "perch" and when i mentioned Fliers you explained their genus species being different from most of our natives which i never knew before.

so Thanks!!! for your part in getting this section to life. That was a good thing you done there. cheers

Re: Heeeeee's Baaack! "Lepomis4Life" [Re: Lepomis4Life.] #12466159 10/15/17 02:14 AM
L
Lepomis4Life. Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Yes I feel bickering seems to go with passion sometimes. Even as a kid being pushed in the fishing hole a few times taught me to swim. Bottom line I love panfishing and no forum or friction will ever change that. We have have saying in my industry...you can't get three people to agree on anything. But most of us can agree panfishing is fun.

Re: Heeeeee's Baaack! "Lepomis4Life" [Re: Lepomis4Life.] #12466266 10/15/17 04:18 AM
L
Lepomis4Life. Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
I guess what I'm trying to say is in fishing we all find a connection worth keeping in spite of all of the world around us. I'm not very religious, but its a gift from our creator.

Re: Heeeeee's Baaack! "Lepomis4Life" [Re: Lepomis4Life.] #12469789 10/18/17 12:25 PM
G
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
welcome Back. Old school member posting again. Very nice to see!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide