Forums59
Topics1,038,928
Posts13,955,602
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Import info - THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 #12438851 09/23/17 10:57 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Hello,

Just a friendly reminder to read the rules posted on the web page and follow them to the letter. This year there will be a Tournament Marshal on the water and enforcing the rules at various tournament locations.

In the event that your boat is found to be violating any posted SAFETY rule, you will be contacted by the marshal and the team in that boat will be DQ'D immediately from the tournament. This is not a topic for argument due to the overall safety of the students competing and the rules clearly stated on the THSBA web page. All other rule violations observed will be written up and turned over to the TD for final verdict.

In the event that you observe a rule violation yourself and you are a boat capt or spectator, please video the incident and get that video to the TD or Marshal. When an incident is on video, it makes it easier to enforce the rule violated and makes the resolution of the incident final in most cases. This is a new process this year in hopes that it will cut down on the few blatant rule violations and create a fair playing field. This sport is way to important to hundreds of kids.

I look forward to seeing the teams this weekend battle it out on Ray Bob!

Cubby

Last edited by CubbyObrien; 09/28/17 03:31 AM.

Go home at the end of your shift, no matter the cost!
Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: CubbyObrien] #12444629 09/28/17 12:29 AM
C
CubbyObrien Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
ttt

Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: CubbyObrien] #12447246 09/29/17 11:46 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
ttt

Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: CubbyObrien] #12447368 09/30/17 01:31 AM
C
Clint W. Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
C
Ttt

[Linked Image]
Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: CubbyObrien] #12447876 09/30/17 06:46 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
We will be implementing this at random events throughout the season.

Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: CubbyObrien] #12448706 10/01/17 03:14 PM
G
G_Mize93 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Results??

"Many people go fishing their whole lives without knowing that it is not fishing that they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: CubbyObrien] #12448728 10/01/17 03:25 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Results will be posted on the Facebook page sometime today
As soon as Matt puts them up there I will do my best to get them on here

Last edited by Ken Starling; 10/01/17 03:33 PM.

Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: G_Mize93] #12449040 10/01/17 07:31 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
The results are on our Facebook page. Do you have a account? I will post on here later today
Originally Posted By: G_Mize93
Results??

Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: CubbyObrien] #12451673 10/03/17 06:38 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Hello all,

Just a quick recap of the event this weekend. While on the water I contacted 6 boats for minor rule violations with no safety violations observed during my time. Each of the teams contacted were new to the association and this being their first event, I took the opportunity at each contact to educate rather than enforce the rule violated. They all treated me with respect and were extremely welcoming of the information about the rule they violated. I was amazed at the professionalism each angler displayed as well as the captains.

I sat on a spot and watched a point for a while that had about 15 boats trying to fish the same area. I observed several interactions between boats and could see that they were all friendly and respectful of each others space. Each time a boat would get a little too close, one would wave off and go around the other angler. I do not believe they knew what I was doing and they acted this way without knowing they were being watched. Now understand that I was not everywhere on the lake at all times, so there may have been incidents that went unobserved. I do know of a few phone calls to the TD and those incidents were handled immediately by him. I do feel that the event went smoothly and it was an extremely positive experience for all the kids that competed. I look forward to this months event on Lewisville, should be some good fishing!

PS..read the rules and if possible, keep a copy with you in the boat so you can reference them if you have any worries on the water.

Thnx,

Cubby

Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: CubbyObrien] #12451882 10/03/17 08:33 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
That's great that you were out there. I wish I could say the same about Livingston. Had a boat pull up within ten yards and tell me that my two anglers they needed to stop casting both directions (front and back of boat). We had been on the spot since 0400, they pull up right behind me about 0600. At 0645 they pull within almost a boat length right next to us and start telling me where we needed to cast. Conversation was just unbelievable and was just a big argument. Then about 15 minutes later another boat pulls up and tells me that we needed to move on so they could fish the spot. Overall, great tournament and that was the first bad experience I have encountered at a high school tournament. Everyone else, all day, was very respectful.

I offered my name, number, and told the boat captain I'd be glad to discuss it with the tournament director. Conversation went no where but downhill. I don't think this was a case of not knowing better, that I totally understand.

Last edited by C130; 10/03/17 08:37 PM.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: CubbyObrien] #12451952 10/03/17 09:12 PM
N
Nathan_Flovin Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
N
had a similar experience. We were fishing a point in the state park cove and there was a boat just going along the bank. as they got closer they started backing out, but kept moving along the shoreline. Once they had got in front of us they stopped within casting distance of us and sat right on top of where we were casting. It blew my mind that they did that, they were so close I could have hit their boat.

Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: CubbyObrien] #12451965 10/03/17 09:28 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I didnt say a word initially though I was not happy. We saw it coming well beforehand. The guy passed two other boats and pulled right up behind us about 0600. We were the first boat in that area then two more came shortly afterwards but we were spread apart respectably. Then came the guy that decided he was better than everyone else. I knew it was coming and sure enough it did, Then he had the guts to try and blame it on me and where my two Anglers were casting. We had power poles down and my son got hung up. We moved away from him about 5 yards then he told me we were no longer anchored so he was legal to get that close.

Last edited by C130; 10/03/17 09:33 PM.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: CubbyObrien] #12451978 10/03/17 09:39 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Guys,

Lets not turn this into a negative post please. In regards to both situations, did you take video or photos of the other boat encroaching on you and report that to the TD? the rules specifically state:

Teams must maintain a 25-yard distance between boats unless agreed upon by both parties.

In both above incidents, it doesn't sound like both parties agreed. this isn't an issue of whether or not you were anchored by the sound of your posts.

I know allot of folks don't want to "tattle" or "snitch" on another team but the fact remains that this is High School Fishing and not Gangland. for those that do have an issue of sending pictures or video of another team to the TD, please read the following:

INTERPRETATION & ENFORCEMENT These rules will remain unchanged during 2017-2018 season. Interpretation and enforcement of these rules will be left exclusively to the tournament director. Decisions of the tournament director are final in all matters and are not subject to appeal. Each student angler, boat captain, and team advisor agrees to report any rule violation to the tournament director immediately upon discovery of the violation. Failure to report violations may be cause for disqualification. The violation of a tournament rule will result in a disqualification from the entire tournament and/or, in an extreme circumstance, ineligibility to participate in future high school fishing tournaments. Protests are to be made in writing within 30 minutes of the check-in time of the final flight of each tournament day. On days that the THSBA deems as Official Practice Days all tournament rules must be followed

There have and always will be folks that will not follow or adhere to any rules that are set out for them. We will work hard to remove those folks from the competition pool as efficiently as possible. We do need your help in that effort! there is no way to have a marshal at every turn and point at any given lake and that is were you come in, please report violations to the TD.

Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: CubbyObrien] #12451989 10/03/17 09:52 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Thanks, I agree we should not turn this into something negative. I have video of part of it but I cannot see the TX numbers and without it its worthless. I have spent time going through the video and you cannot see the numbers.

The THSBA association runs a great series, I have nothing negative to say about it at all. Im definitely not perfect and dont claim to be. Its up to all of us to hold each other accountable. Ive gone through 9 minutes of video, looked at a photo, and cant prove the boat number. 99% of the boat captains are great, its the 1% that do the damage. Ive talked to a couple people about my encounter, both urged me to turn them in. As I stated I don't have they boat number so its hard to prove anything. Having people out on the water observing is great. Nice job educating those instead of violations.

Last edited by C130; 10/03/17 09:55 PM.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: THSBA North Tournament at Ray Roberts 09-30-17 [Re: C130] #12452003 10/03/17 10:08 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: C130
Thanks, I agree we should not turn this into something negative. I have video of part of it but I cannot see the TX numbers and without it its worthless. I have spent time going through the video and you cannot see the numbers.

The THSBA association runs a great series, I have nothing negative to say about it at all. Im definitely not perfect and dont claim to be. Its up to all of us to hold each other accountable. Ive gone through 9 minutes of video, looked at a photo, and cant prove the boat number. 99% of the boat captains are great, its the 1% that do the damage. Ive talked to a couple people about my encounter, both urged me to turn them in. As I stated I don't have they boat number so its hard to prove anything. Having people out on the water observing is great. Nice job educating those instead of violations.

In the event that you have this happen again, send the video to the TD immediately. Mat called me several times to be on the look out for a certain boat while I was on the water.

In regards to Lewisville, I will be better equipped to locate rule violators, when Matt calls me. I know Lewisville better and can find my way around that lake without worry.

on another note, you have to have your trolling motor up and stowed along with your polls down to be "anchored" and the 50 rule apply.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide