This is a crappie pattern I do that seems to work well ....
Here's a quick rundown ...
1) createx White on whole bait
2) createx pearl White on bottom half
3) low pressure on brush, paint scales - Wicked "Paynes Grey"
4) increase pressure on brush, paint back in Wicked Payne Grey, feather the sides
5) shoot Faskolor "Faschange Blue" lightly over top and sides
6) createx opaque black on nose, around eyes and halfway down spine (from nose to halfway point)
That's it....super easy to do and I think it looks great !